falaredesira

Rank 0
PostedFeb 10, 2013 3:02 pm

Connection error

Okay so I recently installed DK online and I've been itching to play it, but so far I've clicked inspect all files 4 times, and each time it's downloading something. Does this normally happen? or is there something wrong with the client I installed?

If screen shots are necessary I I'll get some.
Advertisement

LadyBorderlinex

Rank 5
PostedFeb 10, 2013 3:21 pm
What error are you getting when you try to connect?

1st thing, try running as admin.
2nd thing, allow your DK directory as an exception for your firewall and anti-virus. They tend to hate things that update and installs new files.

Queen of Unnecessarily Long Youtube Videos Used To Report Multi-clienting

LadyBorderlinex

Rank 5
PostedFeb 11, 2013 4:12 pm
DP

Its been a while since I've heard an update. How is connecting going for you? OUr conversation dropped off in SB

Queen of Unnecessarily Long Youtube Videos Used To Report Multi-clienting

falaredesira

Rank 0
PostedFeb 11, 2013 9:25 pm
Tbh I gave up on figuring it out, it may of had something to do with me not having .NET framework 2.0 or higher. i found that out about 2 hours ago ... was not happy lol I MAY try again, but it may not run on my unit after all. 2gig AMD athalon CPU, 2 gig ram, asus AH3450 GFX car. I have a feeling that doesn't match the recommended requirements for DKO.

xsaomix

Rank 0
xsaomix
PostedFeb 18, 2013 2:19 pm

Connection issues

I'm having a bit of a connection problem myself.

At first i thought it was my internet being weak, but i realize now that it has something to do with my router. I believe the router ports need to be set to allow connection. I'm not sure why, im not that tech savvy lol. Its purely a guess on my part... However i do know that i can download, surf web, and instant message without any issues whatsoever.

I have tried

* running as administrator
* adding to exceptions (antivirus)
( already in exceptions for windows firewall, so i didnt need to add it)

Now im just trying to add the port #s into the router configuration so i can allow connection to the application/game. I'm really frustrated at this point merely because I have been enjoying the game and im anxious to play again!! Help pleasee :3

Extra0rdinary

Rank 2
Extra0rdinary
PostedFeb 18, 2013 3:19 pm

Re: Connection issues

xsaomix wrote:
I'm having a bit of a connection problem myself.

At first i thought it was my internet being weak, but i realize now that it has something to do with my router. I believe the router ports need to be set to allow connection. I'm not sure why, im not that tech savvy lol. Its purely a guess on my part... However i do know that i can download, surf web, and instant message without any issues whatsoever.

I have tried

* running as administrator
* adding to exceptions (antivirus)
( already in exceptions for windows firewall, so i didnt need to add it)

Now im just trying to add the port #s into the router configuration so i can allow connection to the application/game. I'm really frustrated at this point merely because I have been enjoying the game and im anxious to play again!! Help pleasee :3  

Try running an anti virus scan to see if there's any viruses on your computer that is preventing your client to connect.

xsaomix

Rank 0
xsaomix
PostedFeb 18, 2013 3:33 pm   Last edited by xsaomix on Feb 18, 2013 4:02 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Re: Connection issues

Extra0rdinary wrote:

Try running an anti virus scan to see if there's any viruses on your computer that is preventing your client to connect.  

Thanks for your reply...

I'm running virus scan now, everything should be fine since i just had my laptop worked on yesterday. It was wiped and reloaded with windows 7. I just downloaded the game last night, I can connect to game and play for a minute or two but then i get "out of range msg" or i begin to lag, and then dc completely. I'll update post with what (if anything) the antivirus comes up with.

Edit: I don't have any connection problems when i try to connect with other internet sources/locations. That's what I'm finding so odd.. and so incredibly frustrating. I'm hoping its just some small dimwitted thing I have forgot to do. lol Smile

Update: Nothing found in virus scan, any other suggestions ?

filipvarga

GameSage: DK Online
filipvarga
PostedFeb 18, 2013 4:01 pm
Since you are able to log in I suppose everything on your PC is set up properly.
What I could think off is either:
- Someone is using your Wireless Connection (if you're using WLAN)
- Some programs are using too much Bandwidth (Skype, RaidCall, uTorrent etc.)

xsaomix

Rank 0
xsaomix
PostedFeb 18, 2013 4:27 pm
filipvarga wrote:
Since you are able to log in I suppose everything on your PC is set up properly.
What I could think off is either:
- Someone is using your Wireless Connection (if you're using WLAN)
- Some programs are using too much Bandwidth (Skype, RaidCall, uTorrent etc.)  

As per your suggestions I switched from WLAN to WPA2 connection. Gonna give it a shot, wish me luck!! Very Happy

Edit : Got booted again.. I really think my router is booting me off when i connect. I've tried almost everything.. what is worse is that if i go somewhere else and connect to another network i have zero problems with game except for usual lag. If i knew how to find port numbers i could tell my router to allow them.. hopefully that would handle problem.. i really have no idea what else it could possibly be. *sigh*

If it is a bandwidth problem is there any way to help settle it so i can play again? I dont have anything running in background except for google chrome ..

Thanks by the way to you both for taking time to help me out, really appreciated. Smile

xsaomix

Rank 0
xsaomix
PostedFeb 20, 2013 8:31 pm
Okay I figured out the problem, I went down the list to the possibility of my wireless adapter going bad, googled information about it and found out there is new driver install. For some reason windows didn't detect or know anything about it. Anywho, Problem fixed!!

Thanks everyone for your help. Time to rock my baby shadowmage , Yay! Smile

Side note:
If anyone else faces same prob as i did , Just go to your windows control panel > System > Device Manager > network adapter(s). Once you have name, try going to manufacturers website or Google it (like i did) lol
Hope it helps you too!! Cool