CreamKerouac

Rank 1
CreamKerouac
PostedFeb 18, 2013 9:42 am
Killa_1112 wrote:
CreamKerouac wrote:
P.S. If you can remember the name of the person leading at the time, do let the AoL canta community know, if not then I suggest leaving this topic to die instead of dragging it out and letting killa and rekikyo stomp all over it.  
Lovely, thanks bro, nice to know where i stand Razz.  

Anytime. Razz This thread has been so hopelessly de-railed it's become more of a bashfest for the pvpers in the zone. Stuff like this happens from time to time, hardly worth 6 pages of discussions about how to improve ingame attitudes.

Advertisement

Killa_1112

Rank 5.1
Killa_1112
PostedFeb 18, 2013 9:49 am
CreamKerouac wrote:
Killa_1112 wrote:
CreamKerouac wrote:
P.S. If you can remember the name of the person leading at the time, do let the AoL canta community know, if not then I suggest leaving this topic to die instead of dragging it out and letting killa and rekikyo stomp all over it.  

Anytime. Razz This thread has been so hopelessly de-railed it's become more of a bashfest for the pvpers in the zone. Stuff like this happens from time to time, hardly worth 6 pages of discussions about how to improve ingame attitudes.  
Id like to think not everything i saw in the day is outdated, correct me if I'm wrong by all means, all i go by now is the pvp forums.

- Courtesy of the Great Avyn

CreamKerouac

Rank 1
CreamKerouac
PostedFeb 18, 2013 9:52 am
Killa_1112 wrote:
CreamKerouac wrote:
Killa_1112 wrote:
CreamKerouac wrote:

Id like to think not everything i saw in the day is outdated, correct me if I'm wrong by all means, all i go by now is the pvp forums.  

The pvp thread for canta is hardly worth reading, trust me. It is in no way representative of how things go on in-game. Razz. PvP is blooming, I'm at 3 diamonds and already 8k tnr for flower rank. Egos get in the way from time to time; the OP's post being an example, but the zone is doing great. ^^

mclovin365

Rank 4
mclovin365
PostedFeb 18, 2013 10:03 am
evan713 wrote:
Few comments, I do not believe you could have gone out(if camped) and gotten a 1:1 kill:death ratio. Why? First, pretty sure their healers could have outmatched your damage, and lastly as soon as you stepped out, you would have been jumped(ganged), and died(or atleast making it impossible for you to get a kill(you did say no one helped you, that tells me you had no heals). This alone makes me thing that nothing you said is reliable, but lets keep going "90% of the raids I have been in were exactly the same, canta on a slow day being the exception (there were maybe 10 others there and we were being slaughtered, but having fun without uber noobers telling us to hold back)" I been ingame to know that no one enjoys that feeling of helplessness, that which you get when you can't compete( and if you tell me you do I say BS). Another thing, I sensed some anger against the "uber noobers" making your post even more unreliable. Anyways thats my input...  

I may have exagerated a bit, but I was getting kills. worst case scenario I would say I was getting 1:3 because the same noob kept coming up to me and I kept killing him and it wasn't until after I killed him that the ubers would come in and 1 hit me.

I agree, we may not have as much fun when we aren't getting any kills but I was there for a half hour and the 10 of us being camped at base and we kept running out 2 or 3 at a time and attacking uber UMs (this being before UM was unlocked) and we were laughing about it! this is an exact retelling of what was happening, we weren't getting any kills at all but had fun just being there and playing with each other. it's not all about getting kills, there is also the fellowship that comes with fighting alongside those who are your equals.

not anger, just annoyance. they think that just because they are rich enough in real life that they can spend thousands of dollars on a game that they own everybody who plays and nobody can tell them no. this is not the case and the time will come when I show them what it truly means to be a leader.

icemophete

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
PostedFeb 18, 2013 10:13 am
Killa_1112 wrote:
but in the gear she had she would have been nothing but a lamb to the slaughter, it would have done her as much good in there as canta gear did me in 70 pvp, IE: its useless. Granted maybe nobody told her this, but the way i see it, it was the lesser of 2 evils. You can try and pvp using gear that may as well be NPC stuff and get slaughtered over and over before rage quitting, or you can get kicked before it even starts and spare yourself that experience.  

Disagree I got to my Justia Gear in my Canta gear.... Granted thatís PvE to that... But Yes 30 gear in letís say goddess at the time fully linked you wouldnít stand a chance... Iíve been kicked several times from a raid when I was first starting out... Just to make room for friends with way worse gear then I had and killa can agree with me. I didnít have noob gear they were linked well and highly enchanted... It was a popularity contest. You werenít getting in unless you were known.

However this was all ep 4 and early stages of 5 when I was there... So mechanics are deft changed... Iím in the process of making a dread set again and Iím sure even when itís done I will be kicked even with it being linked well and enchanted... Just because Iím not known or a regular or I have 0 Rank on Lord_Helmet.... But it will come in time and I will be allowed in 1st raid...

I really Hope Nexon comes up with a better solution with the raid mechanics so all raids combine kills and/or Bigger raid windows...

Disclaimer: Iím using a keyboard thatís missing several Keys so I canít be accountable for my spelling due to missing letters...

Killa_1112

Rank 5.1
Killa_1112
PostedFeb 18, 2013 10:39 am   Last edited by Killa_1112 on Feb 18, 2013 10:44 am. Edited 1 time in total
icemophete wrote:
Killa_1112 wrote:
but in the gear she had she would have been nothing but a lamb to the slaughter, it would have done her as much good in there as canta gear did me in 70 pvp, IE: its useless. Granted maybe nobody told her this, but the way i see it, it was the lesser of 2 evils. You can try and pvp using gear that may as well be NPC stuff and get slaughtered over and over before rage quitting, or you can get kicked before it even starts and spare yourself that experience.  

Disagree I got to my Justia Gear in my Canta gear.... Granted thatís PvE to that... But Yes 30 gear in letís say goddess at the time fully linked you wouldnít stand a chance... Iíve been kicked several times from a raid when I was first starting out... Just to make room for friends with way worse gear then I had and killa can agree with me. I didnít have noob gear they were linked well and highly enchanted... It was a popularity contest. You werenít getting in unless you were known.

However this was all ep 4 and early stages of 5 when I was there... So mechanics are deft changed... Iím in the process of making a dread set again and Iím sure even when itís done I will be kicked even with it being linked well and enchanted... Just because Iím not known or a regular or I have 0 Rank on Lord_Helmet.... But it will come in time and I will be allowed in 1st raid...

I really Hope Nexon comes up with a better solution with the raid mechanics so all raids combine kills and/or Bigger raid windows...

Disclaimer: Iím using a keyboard thatís missing several Keys so I canít be accountable for my spelling due to missing letters...  
Honestly i can't remember seeing you get kicked on gaia, in fact a few times we had our backs against the wall and i actually asked you to come kick some *** with us Razz. But i wasn't there the whole time and i do remember there were a couple of trigger happy raid leaders. It was also a time where we were a close knit community of players, all of us, light and fury, but i cannot remember any point that we had a full raid or reason to kick on home server aside from being a general arse or a leecher. In linked however i agree, it was not right to kick people based on gear and have all the strongest in 1 raid, i didn't agree with it to the point i stopped showing up in linked. It should always be first come first served, its the only way to make sure everyone gets a fair shot, regardless of gear.

Note: I said pvp, not grinding Wink

I would also advise the OP to listen to Cream, if you can remember the name of the raid leader let the light canta community know so they can find out what happened, they are good like that, and so is fury for that matter.

Killa_1112

Rank 5.1
Killa_1112
PostedFeb 18, 2013 10:42 am
mclovin365 wrote:
evan713 wrote:
Few comments, I do not believe you could have gone out(if camped) and gotten a 1:1 kill:death ratio. Why? First, pretty sure their healers could have outmatched your damage, and lastly as soon as you stepped out, you would have been jumped(ganged), and died(or atleast making it impossible for you to get a kill(you did say no one helped you, that tells me you had no heals). This alone makes me thing that nothing you said is reliable, but lets keep going "90% of the raids I have been in were exactly the same, canta on a slow day being the exception (there were maybe 10 others there and we were being slaughtered, but having fun without uber noobers telling us to hold back)" I been ingame to know that no one enjoys that feeling of helplessness, that which you get when you can't compete( and if you tell me you do I say BS). Another thing, I sensed some anger against the "uber noobers" making your post even more unreliable. Anyways thats my input...  

I may have exagerated a bit, but I was getting kills. worst case scenario I would say I was getting 1:3 because the same noob kept coming up to me and I kept killing him and it wasn't until after I killed him that the ubers would come in and 1 hit me.

I agree, we may not have as much fun when we aren't getting any kills but I was there for a half hour and the 10 of us being camped at base and we kept running out 2 or 3 at a time and attacking uber UMs (this being before UM was unlocked) and we were laughing about it! this is an exact retelling of what was happening, we weren't getting any kills at all but had fun just being there and playing with each other. it's not all about getting kills, there is also the fellowship that comes with fighting alongside those who are your equals.

not anger, just annoyance. they think that just because they are rich enough in real life that they can spend thousands of dollars on a game that they own everybody who plays and nobody can tell them no. this is not the case and the time will come when I show them what it truly means to be a leader.  
This is also a golden post.

snaruwilliams

Rank 1
snaruwilliams
PostedFeb 18, 2013 1:12 pm
The most surprising thing for me is that lights can get 15 priests in one raid o.o

vath101

Rank 1
PostedFeb 18, 2013 5:59 pm
I thought I was the only one who noticed that. They can get 15 and we can barely manage 4 >.<

Posted By Aeria Mobile

gunslinger58

Rank 0
gunslinger58
PostedFeb 18, 2013 6:52 pm
well i must not have been there for this because we have let alot of people in Not max enchanted to [17] but i mean non the less you can't pin this on all of the pvpers when it is up to the sub lead and leader of the raid to decide who stays in the raid and who doesn't