Author Message

minuzaki

Rank 4
Joined
08 Mar 2010
Posts
1620
Location
Hell. Denmark
PostedFeb 17, 2013 11:58 pm

Peer Channel be removed.

Please.
The title says it all. Because I doubt that we have enough GS's to control the Peer's/Enough GS's that have the time and or patience to make characters to monitor said peers, they normally run a muck. Truthfully, I don't see the point of a peer channel. It is constantly spammed with nonsense. Example? I basically had to block two people because they were publicly cybering in the peer. Also, from what I myself have viewed (correct me if I'm wrong) there are not enough (active) GS's to monitor the peers in the first place. I understand, they may provide a sort of organization for all the chats, but there is a simpler way. Basically, I know the developers could do this, because this is GF's chat format.

World Chat = No world calls. I don't even see why they're needed.

Trade Chat = For any form of transactions.

LFP Chat (Looking for Party chat) = Used for formulating parties and other sorts of things.

World Calls= If it really is a problem, just use them like broadcasts in Grand Fantasia.

This pretty much covers all public chats. Private chats are just fine the way they are.

This provides a much more organized chat, as well as in-game control. GS-Wise.

I haven't been in this game long, but from what I've observed, lower level peer chats are severely abused. There have been certain instances where people have made alts just to get into GS-Free zones to spam/cyber/do whatever they please.

Some people may argue that GS's should be able to transfer into certain peers. Fine. Whatever. Whatever works. My blocklist is already half full from stupid people being in peers. And I highly doubt that the GM's will allow tags on more than one character. And even then, that'd be redundant.

If this gets moved to suggestions, whatever. I posted this just because most people look at General Discussion above all else. Just please, have something be done.

has moved to aeriagames.com/user/Ayvii
Advertisement

ShadowBadger

Rank 0
ShadowBadger
Joined
10 Sep 2011
Posts
9
Location
Australia
PostedFeb 18, 2013 12:07 am
You do realize you can remove individual chat channels from being displayed on your screen right? No need for them to remove a whole channel from everyone when you can just get rid of the ones you don't like yourself.

minuzaki

Rank 4
Joined
08 Mar 2010
Posts
1620
Location
Hell. Denmark
PostedFeb 18, 2013 12:10 am
ShadowBadger wrote:
You do realize you can remove individual chat channels from being displayed on your screen right? No need for them to remove a whole channel from everyone when you can just get rid of the ones you don't like yourself.  
While that is true, despite my attitude towards peers, I am trying to speak for the better benefit of the community. Not just myself. Like I said, peers are severely abused. I'm asking for a fix. Simple.

has moved to aeriagames.com/user/Ayvii

ShadowBadger

Rank 0
ShadowBadger
Joined
10 Sep 2011
Posts
9
Location
Australia
PostedFeb 18, 2013 12:18 am
Why should they remove a whole channel just because one person doesn't like it? They gave us a way to remove the channels ourselves for this very reason.

If people are abusing a channel, they can be reported and punished. Personally, I have no problem blocking those I don't like and/or reporting them for breaking the rules.

minuzaki

Rank 4
Joined
08 Mar 2010
Posts
1620
Location
Hell. Denmark
PostedFeb 18, 2013 12:21 am
ShadowBadger wrote:
Why should they remove a whole channel just because one person doesn't like it? They gave us a way to remove the channels ourselves for this very reason.

If people are abusing a channel, they can be reported and punished. Personally, I have no problem blocking those I don't like and/or reporting them for breaking the rules.  
Reports aren't always taken care of the way they should. I have no problem with blocking or reporting people I see breaking the rules, either. But if I had to report the amount of people acting up in my peer, I'd be RTing all day. And that isn't an exaggeration. It's fact. Mainly, I'm just asking this be done for GS benefit. Seeing as nobody listens to anyone if they don't have tags.

Dragonfire134

Rank 0
Joined
17 Jun 2008
Posts
10
Location
decatur United States
PostedFeb 18, 2013 1:59 am
I do see a point to what you are saying. When I played Eden ( thinking of playing again) peer chat was in fact being abused. I blocked people, tried to tell them if they where doing something wrong, to stop. Yes, I am not a GS, but that does not mean regular players in the community can't help better the game without the need for a tag and a green box,but the rest of the community does not seem yo get that. In order to help in the game you have to have a "GS" in front of your name.However; Peer chat does add a usefulness to be able to talk to people in your level range only to do stuff with. Maybe not take the whole chat out together. But away to have it be monitored more by GS or Aeria to stop it being abused would be a good thing to do.

CheeseMonkeyss

Rank 0
CheeseMonkeyss
Joined
02 Jun 2011
Posts
181
Location
United States
PostedFeb 18, 2013 2:02 am

Re: Peer Channel be removed.

Please.
minuzaki wrote:
The title says it all. Because I doubt that we have enough GS's to control the Peer's/Enough GS's that have the time and or patience to make characters to monitor said peers, they normally run a muck. Truthfully, I don't see the point of a peer channel. It is constantly spammed with nonsense. Example? I basically had to block two people because they were publicly cybering in the peer. Also, from what I myself have viewed (correct me if I'm wrong) there are not enough (active) GS's to monitor the peers in the first place. I understand, they may provide a sort of organization for all the chats, but there is a simpler way. Basically, I know the developers could do this, because this is GF's chat format.

World Chat = No world calls. I don't even see why they're needed.

Trade Chat = For any form of transactions.

LFP Chat (Looking for Party chat) = Used for formulating parties and other sorts of things.

World Calls= If it really is a problem, just use them like broadcasts in Grand Fantasia.

This pretty much covers all public chats. Private chats are just fine the way they are.

This provides a much more organized chat, as well as in-game control. GS-Wise.  



Actually I would love to have a trade channel, one that covers most levels. That would be awesome and I think that would make things so much easier when trying to sell, trade, or buy something. It would probably need to have a level restriction on it of 20+ or something like that to prevent gold sellers/spammers from entering it. Doing this would probably render the world chat obsolete, but I don't really think world chat would matter at this point anyways. Since trade chat would be open to most levels it would make it easier for the GSs and GMs to moniter.

As for a LFP chat, I'd say peer works just fine for that, or at least it does in the 50-59 peer, not sure what its like in the others. Besides it would need to have a level restriction for people to enter like peer does. From my experience people usually don't want some one in their party who is 5 levels higher, that is unless they are desperate to finish a dgn, since it eats up the exp.

iBambi

Rank 5
iBambi
Joined
05 Oct 2010
Posts
4849
Location
Whale hunting in Norway
PostedFeb 18, 2013 4:13 am
Just because a small portion of the community uses the chat to break the ToS or simply discuss uncomfortable things, it doesn't mean you have to remove the whole channel. As already posted, you're free to use your block function to avoid having to see these people talk, and if they're offending you or breaking the ToS, the RT system is available to your convenience.

sleepingroosje

Rank 4
sleepingroosje
Joined
23 Nov 2007
Posts
2020
Location
Netherlands
PostedFeb 18, 2013 5:29 am

Re: Peer Channel be removed.

Please.
minuzaki wrote:

World Chat = No world calls. I don't even see why they're needed.

Trade Chat = For any form of transactions.

LFP Chat (Looking for Party chat) = Used for formulating parties and other sorts of things.

World Calls= If it really is a problem, just use them like broadcasts in Grand Fantasia.

This pretty much covers all public chats. Private chats are just fine the way they are.

This provides a much more organized chat, as well as in-game control. GS-Wise.

 


I played GF before, sure its a nice system but i wouldnt want to have it back because it is limited.
Almost all the chats here go server wide, in gf alot of the chats were channel specific, except broadcasts as far as i remember. here in EE its server wide, meaning its easy to find a party without having to go to ch1 to find one for a dungeon, you can just look in your peer and see if there is a party for the dungeon you wanted to go, or start one.

Peer is used for chatting, selling specific lvl items, finding more members or a party. and at the higher lvls its active and not bad (sure there are trolls but you find out who those are soon enough), so why change something that is working at most lvls?
If you dont like it use the keyhole on the chat to turn it off, and if you are concerned about kids let their parents monitor the things they play better (smart one turns stuff off in games).

lordpatty

Rank 1
Joined
22 Nov 2009
Posts
269
Location
Ontario Canada
PostedFeb 18, 2013 5:37 am
Peer chat doesn't need to be removed...it needs to be moderated better. I already understand that GS have no authority and such they can only do the same thing that regular players do and that is sending a RT.

One problem though: That, in itself, tends to get the peer (that I know) to undermine GS. You see, some players are expecting GS to provide a faster response to spam than a regular player would. But when that GS just pretty much seems like a total doormat whose only response to everything is "less caps please" and "do not filter dodge", you could swear you're dealing with an automated response bot.

To be simple, I get where Minazuki's coming from. Initially when peer chat was conceived, it was mostly used as a substitute to world chat necessities such as party recruiting and trade. But when that very tool is mostly used for incessant spamming, then one tends to think "what's the point of this chat?". Turning off peer doesn't help because then you're now faced with using world calls to get what needs to be said or done.

To sum up, I'd rather have peer chat moderated better. I'm not saying to give GS power to act but at the very least, peer chat deserves GS with a backbone, who's not afraid to tell others to cease their spam or to keep it clean, without sounding arrogant or power abusing.
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: