ItzzThemizz

Rank 0
PostedFeb 17, 2013 4:12 am

Eden Eternal

Character Remake Item
I suggest EE makes an item that can remake your character. What do I mean by that?
Well , with that item you could change your Race , Gender , Face , Eyes and hairstyle.
What do you guys think?

Greetings xx Wink

~Itzz
Advertisement

HP.Lemon

Rank 2
HP.Lemon
PostedFeb 17, 2013 6:19 am
There's already an item allowing the ability to change face, eyes and hair (the Makeover Kit).
I don't like the idea for a race-change item for various reasons, mostly because it could affect various other parts of the game besides main gameplay, such as the economy and achievements.
I don't like the idea of a gender-change item either, because it would be useless to anyone not playing halfkin or human, plus this could also affect the economy as well - female costumes tend to already be more expensive than male costumes as it is, and I imagine more people would change from male-to-female characters, than female-to-male.

criss8427

Rank 2
criss8427
PostedFeb 17, 2013 6:28 pm
^ As mentioned there is an item available to change your physical appearance.

Thinking over it, as much as I want to change my race I don't think there should be an item for it. Rankings in crafting would completely be messed up because many people can change to a zumi, anuran, or bear where they would rank in the top 20 while if they were human they would rank much lower than that. People would switch races to make money via the ranking prizes and this can be a hassle for the GMs to alter your race and update the stat changes (passives) and name in the achievements ranking.

It is a bit unfair for the people who played when humans were the only available race, however if someone really wanted to change race, they would put in the effort to restart over as a new character.

As for the gender change item, I don't think that is needed because if you came into the game as a gender, changing it later on would appear to be for dubious reasons. Its just a trivial matter and one would expect you to pick the right gender for you upon entering the game.

Though with your item of changing physical cosmetics, I hope that further options are added to the makeover kit. Maybe being able to access more hairstyles, colours, and so forth.

lordpatty

Rank 1
PostedFeb 18, 2013 5:19 am
I'd be up for the racial change item but only if it fulfilled two conditions:

1) upon using the racial change item, your racial ranking is reset. This is the first way to prevent racial ranking abuse

2) upon using the racial change item, you must wait until the next racial ranking reset (the one that occurs after the first maint of the month).

As for gender change, like the makeover set, I'm indifferent to it. I suppose if you're someone whose alot into cosmetics, you'd like to see both sides and such. But one thing to remember is that gender change would be limited to humans only.

KraklezXjk7

Rank 0
KraklezXjk7
PostedFeb 23, 2013 1:38 pm
I agree with lordpatty but I also feel that it is unnessary. Sure I had a problem once out of my 8 characters that I wanted to change from and ursan to an anuran because I was tired of that character, wanted a new one but didn't want to level it up. Oh well, I sucked it up and started over and it didn't take long to level him at all. All I'm saying is that this is irrelevant because if you want a new race put some effort into a new character...that's why there's 5 character slots on each server hun.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

katashi65

Rank 3
katashi65
PostedFeb 23, 2013 9:35 pm
lordpatty wrote:
I'd be up for the racial change item but only if it fulfilled two conditions:

1) upon using the racial change item, your racial ranking is reset. This is the first way to prevent racial ranking abuse

2) upon using the racial change item, you must wait until the next racial ranking reset (the one that occurs after the first maint of the month).

As for gender change, like the makeover set, I'm indifferent to it. I suppose if you're someone whose alot into cosmetics, you'd like to see both sides and such. But one thing to remember is that gender change would be limited to humans only.  

Seems fair enough. If you use the item, your rank is reset. Would probably net more money than banking on somebody to start a new character and raise that from scratch and buy new costumes and stuff. Because, let's face it, most people will recycle gear and costumes through archive if they make a new character. Having a cheaper, quicker race-changing item is probably more appealing.

ItzzThemizz

Rank 0
PostedMay 14, 2013 1:48 pm
Okay , maybe not the race... But they rly should make a GENDER change item. Many games has it. And I don't see a problem with it. Just the outfits but rly.. It's not a big deal

xSenrei

Rank 0
PostedMay 14, 2013 2:02 pm
A gender change item could work, but odds are that if there isn't one in FNO then we won't get it here. Also, try not to necro your old threads, especially since you made a new one which is exactly the same as this one. Bumping old threads won't get you anywhere. Just saying this so you know Smile