slipzy9

Rank 0
PostedFeb 18, 2013 3:12 am

How to delete Ignite

Anyone who's tried to delete the Aeria Ignite folder or any one of half of the files in it has discovered that it's not so easy to remove. Most probably couldn't find their way around the write protection error and are stuck with those files sitting there taking up space (though not a terribly huge amount of it) Here's what you have to do if you want to get rid of it for good but keep getting a "write protected" error: Open up the Task Manager and go to the Processes tab. From there, select aeriaignite.exe in the list, and press End Process. (NOTE: If you do not know what you're doing, never EVER go back in there and delete other processes. Any damage to your computer will be your own fault.) From there, just go back to the directory where the files are saved (By default it should be C:/Program Files/Aeria Games/Aeria Ignite) and delete them. There should no longer be an error and then they will be on their way to the recycle bin and eventually digital oblivion.

If this doesn't help you, then you are probably running a non-Windows OS or your issue is something different than a write protection error and of course this isn't going to do anything for you.

I don't check the forums too often, but if I check back and see replies that need help, I'll try my best. For questions like "How do you open the Task Manager?" all I will do is shake my head solemnly and direct you to Google. If you don't have any of the assumed knowledge in my quick tutorial, you should at least know Google knows almost anything you need to.
Advertisement

NicoleHol

Rank 0
PostedDec 24, 2013 8:20 pm

Uninstall

Without task manager
Without having to use task manager go into my computer, click the aeria games file, click aeria ignite installer, select remove aeria ignite, then after done delete all program files

Kinection

Rank 0
Kinection
PostedJan 25, 2014 4:11 pm

Lol....

Guys! There's this cool little program on your computer to uninstall things!

....(lol)

Go to your control panel, select "Uninstall or Remove Programs" Click Aeria Ignite then click "Uninstall" Boom your done all the files are gone...

I don't know why you guys make it so difficult... lol

BannerFans.com