deatheater59

Rank 5
deatheater59
PostedFeb 16, 2013 7:53 pm
Well you can grind your way to cap. Yes it will be a bit harder than completing the quests and than redeeming it. But it is possible,this game suits both sides.

Advertisement

hammerhouse

Rank 0
PostedFeb 16, 2013 8:15 pm
deatheater59 wrote:
Well you can grind your way to cap. Yes it will be a bit harder than completing the quests and than redeeming it. But it is possible,this game suits both sides.  

sweet thanks man. I hope its not like 10x harder

MPure

Rank 1
MPure
PostedFeb 17, 2013 12:25 am
deatheater59 wrote:

You can't quest your way to the level cap. You'll need to start grinding post 30.

LalaHeat

Rank 1
LalaHeat
PostedFeb 17, 2013 1:02 am
fidelf1991 wrote:
i kinda see what u guys mean in a way, but i dont think they should have went to these extremes as far EXP goes.  

you must be new to the world of mmos. in all actuallity after ever 'level bracket' (ie 1-18 20-31 etc) the overall exp needed to reach the next bracket drastically increases. Such as in wow, the last bracket before current cap is usually equal to the same amount of exp needed for a little less than all the previous brackets together, and the next time cap is raised, usually by 10 or 20 lvls, the exp needed increases.

It's a rather intelligent and fun yet grueling way for the game to never end and for casual and hardcore gamers to stay interested til new expansions are created.

That, and in that last bracket, you're forced to really work out the kinks in your combat to prepare for end game material... trust me... end game bosses, WITH a raid of 50 toons, can still be like putting a lvl1 against a boss such as Skarr or Kukku (maybe worse) especially if you havent prepped your toon and worked out the kinks... (i only know this, cuz i've had several friends who would raid end game bosses in WoW back when lvl cap was 70 and I'd sit and watch. you make one small miscalc with timing a spell or targeting, it's disaster)

icifyr

Rank 0
PostedFeb 17, 2013 7:42 am
I don't like the grind. I haven't maxed any characters but I got to level 37 in a week or so on my SM because of the amount of AoE skills that allowed me to grind. I also have a level 30 sorceress which I found ridiculously hard to solo level because of the decrease in EXP from the summon and the lack of AoE skills. (even if I specced AoE there would be not enough balance between damage and sustain) Don't even bother with the quests after level 30. I got to level 30 on my SM and just grinded in the tower at level 1 and 2. I ended up with a back log of tower story quests that I didn't have to complete as at level 37 the story quest for a new area opened.

Anarchist69x

Rank 4
Anarchist69x
PostedFeb 17, 2013 9:04 am
DKO is still in it's infant seat when it comes to level wise. There are many level caps coming we're just waiting for upcoming patches.

With that being said. DKO has a really relaxed grind from 1-42 especially the first 30 as it's just following main quest line all the way through. There is, admittedly, an imbalance between classes when grinding but again the game itself has a very small gap between levels so party play is usually fastest method of leveling. I really wish that the 40-42 experience gap was much more significant instead of just an ~10% increase.

There does need to be an update to the current party system to give players more of an incentive leveling together. Many games offer additional experience or better loot chances when in a party and it's, in my opinion, best method of increasing party play.

filipvarga

GameSage: DK Online
filipvarga
PostedFeb 17, 2013 10:20 am
Im am getting the best Exp when in a Duo with a Healer and I try to avoid parties with more than 3 members, this should be changed.
In some Games you get a small Experience Bonus for having a full party (in DKO the limit is 6), which at the end sums up to the exact same Exp gain as in a Trio, but with much faster killing.

MPure

Rank 1
MPure
PostedFeb 17, 2013 11:20 am
I tested exp rate a while back in cb.. it is more exp if everyone in a party is fully contributing, but that's unlikely to ever happen. Rooms/areas don't have enough mobs for party range to make this realistic. Party range is actually really really small.