Author Message

chris.truett2

Rank 0
Joined
11 Feb 2013
Posts
5
Location
United States
PostedFeb 17, 2013 2:40 am
Wotanallat35 wrote:
awakezyo wrote:
IwubCheeze wrote:
awakezyo wrote:

I'm not farming anything, as i said... i just play as a sniper, doesn't matter which map it is, as long as i know the map.. it's all good. Probably i wouldn't have more than 2.5 sd if i wasn't a sniper.
 



I usually kick self proclaimed "designated snipers" like you regardless of rank or S/D cos they are usually clueless and don't understand anything other than camp the same spot, point and shoot regardless of the situation. It's worth nothing that you are just one of many of these one shot wonder wannabes. Annihilation doesn't matter too much but for all other game modes, it's frustrating having to wait for a demo round to end because of a hard core camper, or trying to get the tank moving because a sniper is camping a spot where they can't help.

Maybe try playing a bit of rifleman or point man and stop being a try hard.  


There you go, you see there is no point arguing with you right now, because no matter what i say and how strong of an argument i provide you still won't change your opinion
Thing is though that you haven't played with / against me before and you don't know how exactly i perform and what i do in demolition missions, you just have this "designated sniper" stereotype stuck in your head and that's how you see all the snipers. Judging player based on the class he plays isn't really wise you know, it's like racism i a way.  



Lol soo if i judge you that you play sniper i am a racist?? you know what racism means??  


You misunderstood his post. Read it again. "It's **like** racism, in a way."

sim·i·le
/ˈsiməlē/
Noun

A figure of speech involving the comparison of one thing with another thing of a different kind, (e.g., as brave as a lion).
The use of such a method of comparison.

Synonyms
comparison - similitude - parable - compare - metaphor
Advertisement

Wotanallat35

Rank 1
Joined
23 Jul 2012
Posts
391
Location
Isrllra Gambia, The
PostedFeb 17, 2013 2:47 am
[quote="chris.truett2"]
Wotanallat35 wrote:
awakezyo wrote:
IwubCheeze wrote:
awakezyo wrote:

I'm not farming anything, as i said... i just play as a sniper, doesn't matter which map it is, as long as i know the map.. it's all good. Probably i wouldn't have more than 2.5 sd if i wasn't a sniper.
 



I usually kick self proclaimed "designated snipers" like you regardless of rank or S/D cos they are usually clueless and don't understand anything other than camp the same spot, point and shoot regardless of the situation. It's worth nothing that you are just one of many of these one shot wonder wannabes. Annihilation doesn't matter too much but for all other game modes, it's frustrating having to wait for a demo round to end because of a hard core camper, or trying to get the tank moving because a sniper is camping a spot where they can't help.

Maybe try playing a bit of rifleman or point man and stop being a try hard.  






There you go, you see there is no point arguing with you right now, because no matter what i say and how strong of an argument i provide you still won't change your opinion
Thing is though that you haven't played with / against me before and you don't know how exactly i perform and what i do in demolition missions, you just have this "designated sniper" stereotype stuck in your head and that's how you see all the snipers. Judging player based on the class he plays isn't really wise you know, it's like racism i a way.  



Lol soo if i judge you that you play sniper i am a racist?? you know what racism means??  


You misunderstood his post. Read it again. "It's **like** racism, in a way."

sim·i·le
/ˈsiməlē/
Noun

A figure of speech involving the comparison of one thing with another thing of a different kind, (e.g., as brave as a lion).
The use of such a method of comparison.

Synonyms


I didnt misunterstood anything, and stop quoting wikipedia pls, throwing around big words like racism, making bad comparisons dosnt make anyone look smart or intelligent anyway including you ofc.

chris.truett2

Rank 0
Joined
11 Feb 2013
Posts
5
Location
United States
PostedFeb 17, 2013 3:23 am
Wotanallat35 wrote:
I didnt misunterstood anything, and stop quoting wikipedia pls, throwing around big words like racism, making bad comparisons dosnt make anyone look smart or intelligent anyway including you ofc.  


lol.

GOLDDUBBY

Rank 4
GOLDDUBBY
Joined
12 Mar 2012
Posts
2516
Location
BOFORS Sweden
PostedFeb 17, 2013 3:40 am
Wotanallat. Your behavior indeed just proved his point.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

IwubCheeze

Rank 2
IwubCheeze
Joined
18 Jan 2013
Posts
690
Location
China
PostedFeb 17, 2013 3:40 am
awakezyo wrote:

There you go, you see there is no point arguing with you right now, because no matter what i say and how strong of an argument i provide you still won't change your opinion
Thing is though that you haven't played with / against me before and you don't know how exactly i perform and what i do in demolition missions, you just have this "designated sniper" stereotype stuck in your head and that's how you see all the snipers. Judging player based on the class he plays isn't really wise you know, it's like racism i a way.  


And where is this strong argument you speak of? The only thing you said was the community giving you crap because you're a low rank high S/D designated sniper. There are reasons for this and they have been mentioned in this thread already. In case you missed them, they are the hacking problem and player inflexibility.

You are right that I have not seen you play in game but I've played enough to know what happens when too many people on the same team want to be the designated sniper and refuse to change class because "they only play sniper". The "designated sniper" stereotype wouldn't be stuck in my head if I didn't keep seeing the SAME moronic things that DIFFERENT snipers do.

I do not judge a player based on their class, I judge based on their performance. I have seen some good snipers and adapt as necessary but most of the time this is not the case. This is not my opinion BTW, it is my experience. If you can provide a strong argument telling me how my experience is wrong, I'd like to hear from you.

I don't know if you've been lurking the forums at all, but I can tell you this is not the first thread where "designated snipers" have been whining about the community. I remember last year seeing a thread complaining how they could barely finish a game because they were always kicked. Yes, this person mentioned they were a designated sniper.

So I stand by what I said, play a bit of rifleman or pointman and stop being a try hard.

GOLDDUBBY

Rank 4
GOLDDUBBY
Joined
12 Mar 2012
Posts
2516
Location
BOFORS Sweden
PostedFeb 17, 2013 3:54 am
Ofc there are "REASONS FOR IT" and we're loosing players over it. -Aeria demand xigncode crew to fix their **** asap!

Posted By Aeria Mobile

2manarmy2

Rank 0
2manarmy2
Joined
22 Aug 2012
Posts
170
Location
Cedar Falls United States
PostedFeb 17, 2013 9:55 am

Re: Community "issue"

Just my thoughts
awakezyo wrote:
Hello everybody,

Let me introduce myself first, I'm 23 y old young man, playing on EU servers, my ingame name is Psyfiend. I've been playing A.V.A probably since the beginning of time but then I had to quit playing it approximately 2 years ago ( back at ijji ) and now, like 2 weeks ago i started anew, created a new account and started having fun... at least that's what i thought i'd be doing.
Well, i understand that some part, if not the majority of the A.V.A community are underaged / teeager guys with blood flowing in their veins and huge EGOs who just can not accept that somebody can possibly be better than them, I'm not claiming to be a fantastic player or something, i just ... put it this way i play as a sniper most of the time and i don't miss a lot of shots.
Now, just because this is a new account and my rank is quite low ( I'm a staff sgt. rank 4 as far as i remember ) and my s/d is 3.6 or something like that, most of the players think that i'm hacking, which i don't really understand... i've seen some players having higher s/d but they are considered as oldschool and excellent players just because their rank is high, this tendency, that low ranked player with high s/d automatically means that he's hacking... it's just not right man. I've had enough really, i get kicked from almost every other room, if i create the room nobody is joining because they think i'm a hacker there is no point playing with / against me. When it all started i've been trying to be polite to everyone, i would start to explain that it's not hacking, it's just years or playing this game pays off but who cares... they get even more nervous when i'm calm, now i'm not even responding to anyone who blames me and thinks that i'm a hacker because you can't really win an argument against those people, in that moment i'm pretty sure the guy is just boiling with anger, just mashing the keyboard, typing every unquotable words he knows..

So, that's pretty much all i wanted to share with you, give me your thoughts about all these, i'd like to know if some of you are experiancing the same thing as i am. Poke me ingame, you won't regret playing on my side

Have a nice day Smile  


Hello Goldbuddy, I too am accused of "Hacking" and "UAVing". What people don't seem to realize is that there are many signs to the positions of players within your area that easily give them away, and having 7.1 surround sound headphones helps too. I am 18 years old and must say that I am ashamed to be thrown into the same age group as the percentage of the community that bring shame to adolescence. Join me ingame sometime! GT: xoLibe

Wotanallat35

Rank 1
Joined
23 Jul 2012
Posts
391
Location
Isrllra Gambia, The
PostedFeb 17, 2013 10:49 am
GOLDDUBBY wrote:
Wotanallat. Your behavior indeed just proved his point.  



Sure Buster, dont think, just write something, and you have 1 more post, coool.

Atrocity1

Rank 1
Joined
23 Jul 2012
Posts
270
Location
United States
PostedFeb 17, 2013 11:17 am
Wotanallat35 wrote:
GOLDDUBBY wrote:
Wotanallat. Your behavior indeed just proved his point.  



Sure Buster, dont think, just write something, and you have 1 more post, coool.  


You are part of the reason why many people quit, you're ignorant and won't change.
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: