Author Message

Bryan.Fury

Rank 3
Bryan.Fury
Joined
07 Mar 2010
Posts
962
Location
TekkenForce Town Italy
PostedFeb 17, 2013 1:27 am
Gio, you are speakig about the Karma system that i suggested to add on the Open World PvP. Would be a good idea take a look at it and know what you think about what i suggested..

BryanFury - Leader |Site|Forum|
Advertisement

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
Joined
25 Nov 2008
Posts
8492
Location
Gaia Adrion Necria United States
PostedFeb 17, 2013 4:23 am
Giovanna_X wrote:
Rekikyo wrote:
Antillion08 wrote:


I'm not saying get rid of pvp at all or any correlation issues I'm just saying that when the game is fully released and as a casual gamer who plays a little more for the pve side nothing is more frustrating than some one coming out of nowhere and killing you and honestly some of your pvp content sounds fun I'm just hoping there will be a server without open world pvp on full release  


As it stands, there isn't global pvp in any shape or form NOW. But, I think we need it. Without it, Pvp will never flourish in this game, regardless of how many new "optional" events they add, simply because fear is more powerful than optional participation. And, most players of most mmo's tend to fear one thing: Losing.  


The only way I will support Open World PvP is if the death penalties are removed entirely (and no other death penalties are added -- which means that all those of you who lust after free-for-all PKing in order to loot people's corpses will remain out of luck). Among other things, this would primarily be removal of the XP loss on death. Otherwise, we would just wind up with the same griefing behavior seen in far too many MMOs, which is only fun for the griefers (and tends to produce 1. a cycle of abuse and 2. loss of players/customers).

If the death penalties are removed, then I also oppose any penalties for PvP (especially a simplistic legalism masquerading as some sort of "ethical system"). Otherwise, I have mixed feelings about penalties; although I'm opposed in principle to penalties for PvP, I'm equally opposed to griefing, so yeah: death penalties <<-->> PK penalties (for those who don't get that, "<<-->>" represents "if and only if," or, to put it in a fuller translation: "If Condition A, then Condition B, and if Condition B, then Condition A").  


That's something I could agree with as well. I'm simply thinking, perhaps ruemon's attack initiating radius should be the entire map, not just up to the edge of the bridges. If that were the case, all deaths would be at only a loss of glory points, not Exp etc. My objective with that suggestion is to encourage pvp, and having a death penalty would take away from that objective.

It really doesn't even have to be all day, to be fun. Just for periods of time.

As I predicted earlier in this thread (and it is definitely coming true)

Rekikyo wrote:

@ Lowering RvR to 30 minutes but increasing the frequency: Increasing the frequency is a plausible goal, but lowing the time constraint I disagree with. What you are proposing will do:

-Create a bunch of time frames which are easier for leisure players to MISS (One hour gives alot of opportunity to join; cutting it in half will restrict those who come late! We want more participation; not less)

-Lessen the overall attendance satisfaction. Players are not complaining about time constraints because they are too long. They are complaining because they are bored due to low attendance. If the event was truly satisfactory, we would ENJOY hour long events.

-Interrupt regular gameplay, leading to even smaller attendance (Getting interrupted 8 times a day for a 30 minute event with very small benefits, isn't going to get most players feeling interested. The common reaction would probably be, to ignore the event even more).

Note: Increasing Frequency is fine, because it makes it more available for casual players.

 


Now, Dione has stopped attending altogether, where when the periods were an hour 3 times a day, they still showed up. The Three hour, 30 minute duration schedule is killing their interest, because it is doubling their exposure to losing, and it's interrupting their other tasks. So instead of pvping, they decide to do other things.

Giovanna_X

GameSage: DK Online
Giovanna_X
Joined
23 Mar 2008
Posts
3609
Location
Carpe Noctem! United States
PostedFeb 17, 2013 4:52 am
Rekikyo wrote:
Giovanna_X wrote:
Rekikyo wrote:
Antillion08 wrote:


I'm not saying get rid of pvp at all or any correlation issues I'm just saying that when the game is fully released and as a casual gamer who plays a little more for the pve side nothing is more frustrating than some one coming out of nowhere and killing you and honestly some of your pvp content sounds fun I'm just hoping there will be a server without open world pvp on full release  


As it stands, there isn't global pvp in any shape or form NOW. But, I think we need it. Without it, Pvp will never flourish in this game, regardless of how many new "optional" events they add, simply because fear is more powerful than optional participation. And, most players of most mmo's tend to fear one thing: Losing.  


The only way I will support Open World PvP is if the death penalties are removed entirely (and no other death penalties are added -- which means that all those of you who lust after free-for-all PKing in order to loot people's corpses will remain out of luck). Among other things, this would primarily be removal of the XP loss on death. Otherwise, we would just wind up with the same griefing behavior seen in far too many MMOs, which is only fun for the griefers (and tends to produce 1. a cycle of abuse and 2. loss of players/customers).

If the death penalties are removed, then I also oppose any penalties for PvP (especially a simplistic legalism masquerading as some sort of "ethical system"). Otherwise, I have mixed feelings about penalties; although I'm opposed in principle to penalties for PvP, I'm equally opposed to griefing, so yeah: death penalties <<-->> PK penalties (for those who don't get that, "<<-->>" represents "if and only if," or, to put it in a fuller translation: "If Condition A, then Condition B, and if Condition B, then Condition A").  


That's something I could agree with as well. I'm simply thinking, perhaps ruemon's attack initiating radius should be the entire map, not just up to the edge of the bridges. If that were the case, all deaths would be at only a loss of glory points, not Exp etc. My objective with that suggestion is to encourage pvp, and having a death penalty would take away from that objective.

It really doesn't even have to be all day, to be fun. Just for periods of time.

As I predicted earlier in this thread (and it is definitely coming true)

Rekikyo wrote:

@ Lowering RvR to 30 minutes but increasing the frequency: Increasing the frequency is a plausible goal, but lowing the time constraint I disagree with. What you are proposing will do:

-Create a bunch of time frames which are easier for leisure players to MISS (One hour gives alot of opportunity to join; cutting it in half will restrict those who come late! We want more participation; not less)

-Lessen the overall attendance satisfaction. Players are not complaining about time constraints because they are too long. They are complaining because they are bored due to low attendance. If the event was truly satisfactory, we would ENJOY hour long events.

-Interrupt regular gameplay, leading to even smaller attendance (Getting interrupted 8 times a day for a 30 minute event with very small benefits, isn't going to get most players feeling interested. The common reaction would probably be, to ignore the event even more).

Note: Increasing Frequency is fine, because it makes it more available for casual players.

 


Now, Dione has stopped attending altogether, where when the periods were an hour 3 times a day, they still showed up. The Three hour, 30 minute duration schedule is killing their interest, because it is doubling their exposure to losing, and it's interrupting their other tasks. So instead of pvping, they decide to do other things.  


PM me a link to your suggestion, please.

As for the 30 minute duration, I prefer it; I would rather not devote an entire hour to RvR when I could be out leveling and/or drop hunting. However, the reason many of the Dione faction stopped attending is because of a certain Eos guild which exploits a certain terrain glitch, earning BP for themselves and causing us to lose Glory Points (and sometimes XP). When only a few of us show up, there's little chance of success in attacking on one front and defending against an exploit on the other front. There's no point in attending an event that will only earn BP for one faction and deplete our Glory Points in the process.

I've reported a few terrain glitches and their potential for being exploited. Hopefully the Devs will fix them soon.

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
Joined
25 Nov 2008
Posts
8492
Location
Gaia Adrion Necria United States
PostedFeb 17, 2013 7:21 am
Giovanna_X wrote:


PM me a link to your suggestion, please.

As for the 30 minute duration, I prefer it; I would rather not devote an entire hour to RvR when I could be out leveling and/or drop hunting. However, the reason many of the Dione faction stopped attending is because of a certain Eos guild which exploits a certain terrain glitch, earning BP for themselves and causing us to lose Glory Points (and sometimes XP). When only a few of us show up, there's little chance of success in attacking on one front and defending against an exploit on the other front. There's no point in attending an event that will only earn BP for one faction and deplete our Glory Points in the process.

I've reported a few terrain glitches and their potential for being exploited. Hopefully the Devs will fix them soon.  


You just supported my claim that decreasing the duration of the event increases your interest in doing other things. I know you are not max level yet, but people who are, are losing the ability to find other things to do. There are at least 7 players who have Legendary Emplant weapons already, and they are have the largest fortunes, and are level 42, and most are also people who attend every RvR.... (Why is it that they have accomplished everything you are trying to accomplish, in a lot less time?).

I know I can't coerce you to play like them, but it drives a point home: Your playstyle is not as productive as their playstyle. That doesn't mean that you have more or less fun than they do, as you may very well enjoy a slow, social grind, and tyou may log less hours playing (given how much I see the GS's in Shoutbox, I'd say this is accurate).

So the question that I'm leading to is, Should we design the game to cater to unproductive play styles, or should we encourage players to become productive?

As for the comment about exploiting borders:

1. If Ruemon pvp were global, this would be a non-issue. There are multiple exits to every town, teleports to hunting grounds, and once you are on a large immense map, it is harder to hunt you down.
2. I don't buy this excuse. The persons you are claiming exploit the border to kill people on entry, have been doing so since week 1 of the Open Beta (I know who you are talking about). Because Dione used to be leading, they actually got alot more kills (BP) before Requiem Switched factions, because every time some Dione stragglers showed up late to join the swarm at the top of Ruemon, These players could harvest 2-3 people every few minutes. That didn't stop Dione from coming then. In reallity, the biggest complaint I hear, is that Dione players like to blame 2 guilds defecting to Eos. They would rather blame those two guilds, and play the Victim role, than they would play the Creator role, and solve their problem by creating leaders and organizing. The runner up excuse, is Dione players are claiming they are less geared. They tell me when I question them, that "soon we'll be able to come. At this time I am farming and trying to become uber first." Dione used to have bless 24/7, and most of the players are the same. So why aren't they just as if not more uber than Eos? This isn't exactly a game where any top guild hoards all the drops .... Runes are easy to acquire and so is gear.

While it's an interesting excuse you bring up, it's the first time I've heard of it being a "primary" excuse.

mykolag

Rank 1
mykolag
Joined
20 Jan 2013
Posts
310
Location
Germany
PostedFeb 18, 2013 6:29 am
Hi all,

Would be nice to increase price for "drop items" by factor 10 and may be reduce 10-25% gold drop from mobs.
3 hours farming on 30 level: +380K gold by mobs and 11.8K by sale drop items to NPC...

With Best Regards, FireBall

filipvarga

GameSage: DK Online
filipvarga
Joined
06 Dec 2008
Posts
2568
Location
Porec Croatia
PostedFeb 18, 2013 7:44 am
There will be Gold Drop Increase Tonics (or whatever they are called) available for purchase in the Item Mall. I believe you also get one of those with the Gift Code some received per E-mail or could redeem by registering on some of the Partner MMO Websites.

mykolag

Rank 1
mykolag
Joined
20 Jan 2013
Posts
310
Location
Germany
PostedFeb 18, 2013 8:10 am
@filip: Yep, 2 items to increase golden drop rate:


Superior Midas Tonic (X day)
Increases Gold gained from hunting by 20%.


Booster Package (X day)
A package containing enough item boosters, gold boosters, and experience boosters for X Day.


My point was different. Right now, NO SENSE to collect drop from mobs.
No receipts, no usage, ... no profession for such resources.
IMHO, should be used in the game....

Thoreac

Rank 0
Thoreac
Joined
15 Apr 2012
Posts
134
Location
United States
PostedFeb 18, 2013 10:31 am

Re: Producer Blog - February 8th, 2013

Update on current concerns and a peek at things to come
Taz wrote:
Game Improvements
In the next few months you will see us start building on and improving current game systems.
  • Crafting - We are looking to make this system more robust and interactive
  • Auction House - It is in development, sell your items while out enjoying the game
  • Skills - There are new skills coming, as well as further balance to current skills
  • Guilds - There will be more rewards for guild levels
  • New Race & Class - Yes, the long awaited Archer class is indeed coming


 


WOOHOOOOO!
+9 !

( reserving an extra +1 for later stuff... Wink )

deatheater59

Rank 5
deatheater59
Joined
14 Jul 2011
Posts
4442
Location
Swag City United States
PostedFeb 18, 2013 10:33 am
The stuff is actually interesting and waiting for more information Wink

tony_caruso

Rank 0
Joined
05 Feb 2013
Posts
8
Location
Canada
PostedFeb 21, 2013 1:30 am
Lots of interesting content guys , nice Smile , ok well I got only one suggestion for RvR, one of best pvp experience I ever had was in Iris online "catching the flag" pvp , that was fun and hilarious lol. They had it set up 1 st team gets 5 flags win pvp, there was 5 flag bases that respawned after shortly after being takin and brought back to base, DKO could make it lil different by making it random spawns in RvR map, no more bridge camping Smile
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: