Leucos1996

Rank 0
PostedFeb 14, 2013 2:10 pm

Server Merge

When does it happen?
I have been hearing all kinds of rumors about a merge that is to take place with apocolypes
some say it will happen, some say it will never happen
and i cant find a gm or gs to confirm anything!!!!
Can someoen tell me the truth please so i dont lose my mind over this rumor!!! =\
PLEASE???
Advertisement

EquinoxBlade

Rank 2
EquinoxBlade
PostedFeb 14, 2013 2:43 pm
The rumors are just that, RUMORS. There are no plans for a merge, so no need to worry. ^-^

Neritti

GameSage: Aeria Browser
Neritti
PostedFeb 16, 2013 1:03 am
Same as last time, it was all a "rumor" until a few weeks before it actually happened. Seems to be a merge approx once every 4-6 months and we're already at 4 months since the last one now. Gonna take a not so wild guess at sometime in April.

It's all good, worst case scenario is that I do all this planning so I can just rework it for when one DOES happen. At least i'll have adequate supplies of hot dogs, marshmallows and beer for my city burning parties and won't be stuck with unhappy party guests. ;P

loligath

Rank 0
PostedFeb 20, 2013 6:26 pm

Server Status!

new server
I think we really need a new server cuz this 1 is gettin pretty boring...

serasocial

Rank 0
serasocial
PostedFeb 23, 2013 9:47 am
where there is no announcement there is no server merge. pm Memphis didn't do state of February affairs so there's no telling. this isn't saying that one is coming there might be but not until an announcement is made formally and they usually give a week or two before it happens. Just keep in mind if a server merge happens you got to be patient with aeria cause server merges although meant to be good can be messy and very bad. So those who are sending rumors stop because really we need players to stay.

Memphis

Aeria: Product Manager
Memphis
PostedFeb 23, 2013 10:10 pm
serasocial wrote:
where there is no announcement there is no server merge. pm Memphis didn't do state of February affairs so there's no telling. this isn't saying that one is coming there might be but not until an announcement is made formally and they usually give a week or two before it happens. Just keep in mind if a server merge happens you got to be patient with aeria cause server merges although meant to be good can be messy and very bad. So those who are sending rumors stop because really we need players to stay.  

To clear things up with everyone, we have no ETA on when a server merge will happen or not. At this moment in time, we do not plan on merging the servers.

-Memphis

Neritti

Neritti
PostedFeb 25, 2013 1:11 pm
Well, I kind of recall from the last merge that it was denied left and right by GMs etc until about a month before the actual merge was to take place. So really, no surprise that someone is going to deny it at this stage. Wink However, I predict Apoc's population will begin a dramatic decrease in the next month or two if a merge DOESN'T happen, heck it's already starting you can probably see that from the amounts being spent on the past couple promos. There is exactly ONE Kingdom with actual power here and it will take many more months for another Kingdom to rise in power enough to even stand a chance at being a feasible rival. In the meantime, I know of numerous people who DO spend and are now completely bored and either quitting or taking extended breaks.

This server NEEDS for something to change, cuz right now it's just Farmville and i'm pretty sure that's not why many of us came to this game. Heck, we even separated one alliance from the rest of Kingdom recently to have a war out of boredom. Because there are NO real issues on Apoc to actually fight over and these people are actually allies and good friends, it lasted all of a week then ended cuz we got bored again fighting for no reason at all. Now we're back to Farmville because everyone has adequate wonders and no shortage of grain spots here. This server's lack of action isn't really why i've spent money acquiring and upgrading heros, in the hopes that Apoc *would* get another merge and have some good solid competition and battles. That is why most of us wanted to play this game to begin with.

In short, you've got an excessive population of stronger players on Titans and a severe lack of enough of them on Apoc to actually have some decent war entertainment. Maybe a merge isn't needed if you can figure out some possible way of injecting one of the stronger Kingdoms from Titans onto our server? Sure would be fun getting my cities burnt to ash again and actually having SOMEONE to fight against and someTHING to fight for. Very Happy

serasocial

Rank 0
serasocial
PostedFeb 25, 2013 3:42 pm
I guess you kinda missed the part where I said a merge although meant to be postive would be negative. Here is why its negative during server merge there are often issues with lost troops - up to armies and for the bigger players you talking any where from 100k - 1 million troops per army. Decreases in level in already maxed out buildings. wonders not working, gold missing , maps not working lost accounts and characters etc. Server merge is the biggest killer of the bigger player. they work long and hard for their stuff to see it go poof in one day. Last server merge my alliance alone lost at least 5 players with a few threatening to leave if there's another merge.

Heres an idea In titans the bigger players are there because of the more seasoned players helping the newer players out. We have bigger players that are as new as nine months. WE had a kingdom come into one of the power houses newly formed in something like 6 months give or take. YOu will see world chat as a help desk and advice and just general chit chat with trolls not being tolerated. So if your so bored heres an idea grab an baby kingdom help them out in tutoring gear exchanges etc. Stomp out trolls by having a few trolls troll them and you got a great server. The reason why apoc. is struggling from what i been told is because of the trolls and there are a lot of bigger players picking on the little players. If you all work together come up some agreement and be patient you might actually see it worth it. You also will see that alliance and kingdoms become stronger with a little help. Titans players are strong because we help each other out we also scratch each others back on occasion. . Even if we can't stand someone or theres a rivalry we still are a great group who stand up with each other and wipe out the threat. In titans its more of a friend-enemies situation that actually we hate you and we gonna kill you type thing.

Neritti

Neritti
PostedFeb 25, 2013 5:00 pm
The majority of new players to Apoc don't want to get bigger faster. They want to farm and be social. The ones who DO want to get bigger, have no problems at all with obtaining gear etc to do so. Our alliance DO take in smaller players and help them with growing. We've had a number of them in our alli AND our sister alli which is much smaller, who have risen up and started becoming a lot stronger. However, gear is only a small fraction of the equation in growing stronger. You can't get your cities up to spec to support LARGE troop sizes unless you pay gold to play catchup, that's where the part of the kicker is. Combined with the fact that a large portion of the newer players to this game just don't start it with fighting in mind as their goal. There are no grain or island resource spot shortages, generally smaller alliances are left to grow and flourish. But you can't FORCE someone to grow strong and have that fighting spirit if that is not what their own goal is.

serasocial

Rank 0
serasocial
PostedFeb 25, 2013 8:03 pm
ok then let those play how they want to. Although I hate to tell you wrong about needing coin to level your cities. I am a free player i have 1 maxed out city , in two days my second city will be maxed and my third and foruth will be maxed in a roughly in a month.that is what alliance store is for you can buy construction orders from your alliance or even resource boosts .No matter how you cut the beans to big a big player you have to farm whether your a cash player or not. You can also get the contracts to buy grain or sell grain. I am a social player and I farm as well as fight/ people often just need a reason to fight. My reason is because i like to be annoying bug on everyone's windshield something i work one constantly. here is a idea to motivate people. A server wide contest on who can eat the bigger players for lunches groups are welcome of course a set of rules need to be set. To make a server work you need it to be a community wide thing not an alliance thing. I am sure your alliance is not the only one who wants to better your server maybe you should stop whining why there should be a server merge and actually ask what can be done you might find theres a lot you can do to make it more fun in your server.