XiaoJyun

Rank 5
XiaoJyun
PostedFeb 02, 2013 3:39 am
davieboy127 wrote:
clanallard wrote:
davieboy127 wrote:
Sr3m doesn't belong in competitive matches lol, mp7 and veresk are WAY better.  

SR-3M has a higher DPS then para. Why does it not belong there?  

Because mp7 and veresk are better by a long shot Smile  

they are not, the only thing they have over sr3m is mobility (which seems the only reasson people play PM in comp, since para makes their DPS obsolete) and the ROF

othervise SR3M is a sick powerfull gun, even with its rapid damage drop off and bloomy nature it still has a chance even at mid range since bursting controls the bloom well, theres no recoil and the starting damage is so high, it can maintain some even at range

if para and xm8 were actualy balanced a bit (cut their DPS by decreasing ROF) this would be a big thing, also since many people are going to xm8 instead of para nowadays, this becomes more viable option

just because nobody used it in comp yet doesnt mean you need to be so short-sighted to not notice how strong it is

sr3m and famas mk3 are definately top tier, even if nobody used them yet...

Why do Zombies want your Brains? Because you do not use them anyway!
Advertisement

MyGun1

Rank 0
PostedFeb 06, 2013 6:44 am
Kudos to this Chinese Xiao dude, pointing out Famas mk3. It can outDPS para in CQC so it deserves a mention, HOWEVER ... unlike para, this gun becomes as effective as ur side-arm at longer ranges.

slimeyava

Rank 3
slimeyava
PostedFeb 07, 2013 9:15 am
I only posted this thread for my competitive guide thread. I only include guns that are time tested and used reliably in real matches.

SR-3M, AWM, etc. might be good but in iesf or aic I don't think they would stack up against the new guns.

AWM was used because fr-f2 isnt allowed in iesf.... but with asw and pgm coming up the awm age will end 100%

Sr-3m is good but im hesitant to call it competitive yet.

XiaoJyun

Rank 5
XiaoJyun
PostedFeb 14, 2013 5:24 pm
slimeyava wrote:
I only posted this thread for my competitive guide thread. I only include guns that are time tested and used reliably in real matches.

SR-3M, AWM, etc. might be good but in iesf or aic I don't think they would stack up against the new guns.

AWM was used because fr-f2 isnt allowed in iesf.... but with asw and pgm coming up the awm age will end 100%

Sr-3m is good but im hesitant to call it competitive yet.  

AWM was used cause it has fastest zoom, great moveshot, perfect accuracy, great penetration (even better than TPG i believe) the only downside is random damage (and thus random 1HK), nonetheless, this is almost neligible when the pro scope aimed for guts always where all bolts are guaranteed to 1HK at most ranges.

nonetheless I am not saying its a big thing now, but it was in the past even if not noticed much, much like how famas mk3 and sr3m are

and as I said the main reasons for lack of sr3m usage is the fact that RM class is OP compared to PM as it is, and it lacks mobility

if you can call mp7 top tier, than this certainly is top tier too

negasweep

Rank 1
negasweep
PostedFeb 14, 2013 6:41 pm
MyGun1 wrote:
Kudos to this Chinese Xiao dude, pointing out Famas mk3. It can outDPS para in CQC so it deserves a mention, HOWEVER ... unlike para, this gun becomes as effective as ur side-arm at longer ranges.  
Except for shotguns and scopes, no gun can outdps the para cqc. Sorry but para can 2shot kill to the body and 1shot hs. CQC + para's rof = way better than sr3m.

XiaoJyun

Rank 5
XiaoJyun
PostedFeb 15, 2013 5:36 am
negasweep wrote:
MyGun1 wrote:
Except for shotguns and scopes, no gun can outdps the para cqc. Sorry but para can 2shot kill to the body and 1shot hs. CQC + para's rof = way better than sr3m.  

thats the main reason no pointman gun is used other than mp7 and veresk (and even those mostly for mobility)

and yeah DPS wise

para > famas mk3 > rest

TTK wise para is also best due to highest damage and penetration

sr3m would be the good choice oif:
a) para ROF was nerfed
b) sr3m had better mobility

fullonpsy

Rank 0
PostedApr 05, 2013 6:29 am
SR-3M is a great weapon for a PM if you master it. I see no reason why veresk would be better but that is just me, and if you ask me this is one of the best guns in the game for the PM class.

my2c

oldschool style

Urbanophiler

Rank 4
Urbanophiler
PostedOct 15, 2013 2:55 pm
SR3m still no competitive, ghoster wins this one!

<3 vShape, TimmyPurno, IShinZ, Lerth, Fluxgen, Playdough, Liber7y, Ryouichi aka 4lex, mangoTea aka Vicii -ESL Acc: http://goo.gl/iAcXs2 Current Team: Rev!Ze .