raikoohero

Rank 1
raikoohero
PostedFeb 12, 2013 5:08 pm
Only solution to the fortification problem I can come up with is to lock the fortification is to different arenas.

Sprite Arena Max Fortification, No limits

Hellfire Arena Up to +13

Whitesand Arena Up to +9

People with higher fortification gets temporary reduced.
Like if someone has +10 and goes to Whitesand, temporary reduced to +9 until the arena is over or if they leave.

Dai LV 56 Paladin Bodor <CrystalArcXV> Ad finem temporis! To the end of time! Everybody relates to others and shares something with them. That's why we can never truly be free.That's what makes us feel joy, sadness and love.
Advertisement

sababafiddle

Rank 3
sababafiddle
PostedFeb 12, 2013 5:37 pm

ofc I love the idea of limiting fortifications

however
I think it should be based on level, not the different pvp arenas. IE 30 has the lowest fort allowed, 90 has the highest/current cap.

If we did it based on arenas well it would definetly put everyone in one arena, like the previous post would result in only whitesand starting regardless of level...JS

humaniixviiiix

Rank 0
PostedFeb 14, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: ofc I love the idea of limiting fortifications

however
sababafiddle wrote:
I think it should be based on level, not the different pvp arenas. IE 30 has the lowest fort allowed, 90 has the highest/current cap.

If we did it based on arenas well it would definetly put everyone in one arena, like the previous post would result in only whitesand starting regardless of level...JS  

This idea is imposible because people ready +18 in all brackets.
They even +18 they gears in lvl 30 bracket lol.

There are way to make it posible but i bet geared people never want it happen.

-Down % defend and attack add of each fortification level to +2%
-Limit number of fortification = half of lvl of gear , for example lv 30 gears only +15 at max and lv 90 gears can +45 .
It a solution for high geared player in low lvl brackets (mainly 30 and 40 , but the OP players will lost 40% gear power lol) But people ready +18 in 30 still have 6% more than +15 player .
This way you can make pvper in low brackets (30&40) happy enjoy they game and high brackets (70 to 90) have more goal and work , give they change to spend they unlimit gold and make them more bright.
Add something Like after +30 , they get change to to lost fortification level when failed and you have to spend more AP for master stone to keep your gear success. (aeria will happy if this happen lol)

But this have to do now or it will late when time pass hahaha.

There are other way too , but to me this is best solution . Of couse it just funny talk so don't mind much.

coolsasuke

Rank 2
coolsasuke
PostedFeb 15, 2013 2:28 am
Simply suggesting a limit to fortification is an ridiculous idea and has a clear answer. That would be no. For one Dev's would need to do a bunch of programing which of course = work. Which I myself don't think they should complain about as it is their job and they should do what they are paid for. Also secondly a limit would mean less MFI and such being bought from item mail which of course = less AP spent WHICH of course = less money for Aeria. You should try and keep all ideas realistic on this threat and actually try and come up with something that is do-able and will help our community. Think before you type. Thanks.

ston102

Rank 0
ston102
PostedFeb 15, 2013 3:43 am   Last edited by ston102 on Feb 15, 2013 6:17 am. Edited 1 time in total
iBambi wrote:
minuzaki wrote:
We don't feel a reason to start FA. Yes. There are enough people to join PvP. But as you stated, there is virtually no incentive for us to. We have nothing to gain. At all.  

This is what's wrong. Why are the other servers, that are language restricted, able to start end-game PvP at a higher amount of people needed, without having any incentive we don't? Even though I'm fully for adding more incentives, that's only because PvP is dead. Personally the only "incentive" I need to join arena is the fact that PvP is fun, and this seems to be enough incentive on most versions of GF.  

Easy answer.if someone comes on to play and all they do is pvp they still need a good economy to fortify and stone items. Me and 7 other 90's left game for this reason.we loved pvp, but no point in doing it if out of pvp we cant survive properly.The sink has its benefits don't get me wrong but its killing the game along with other things like the rates that were lowered.Its one of the topics if talked about it gets removed. you are right about the having fun part, u do pvp just for the love of it, but if you are to keep up with OP classes and economy then its hard. Some of the people who post on here have never try making more than two 90 weapons, they just sit in kaslow all day waiting for the next best thing and have never gone past +15 and yet cry about pvp wont start. This post has made me load two other versions of the game, to those who never did, the games are the same in a major way.the only difference include they don't have sink to the level that we have it.little things like tele tax, Fortification rates, and better tables and clays rates put them over us.everything in society is linked in one way or another, i only wish that people would stop trolling on here and look at the bigger picture that pvp was never like this before all the sinks. The question i always wanted an answer is, at what point will it ever be removed.if you ask me i think never cuz the company benefits.

I MEAN NO DISRESPECT TO ANYONE I JUST TELL IT AS IT IS.

skuxemup

Rank 1
skuxemup
PostedFeb 15, 2013 4:59 am
ston102 wrote:
iBambi wrote:
minuzaki wrote:
We don't feel a reason to start FA. Yes. There are enough people to join PvP. But as you stated, there is virtually no incentive for us to. We have nothing to gain. At all.  

This is what's wrong. Why are the other servers, that are language restricted, able to start end-game PvP at a higher amount of people needed, without having any incentive we don't? Even though I'm fully for adding more incentives, that's only because PvP is dead. Personally the only "incentive" I need to join arena is the fact that PvP is fun, and this seems to be enough incentive on most versions of GF.  

Easy answer.if someone comes on to play and all they do is pvp they still need a good economy to fortify and stone items. Me and 7 other 90's left game for this reason.we loved pvp, but no point in doing it if out of pvp we cant survive properly.The sink has its benefits don't get me wrong but its killing the game alone with other things like the rates that were lowered.Its one of the topics if talked about it gets removed. you are right about the having fun part, u do pvp just for the love of it, but if you are to keep up with OP classes and economy then its hard. Some of the people who post on here have never try making more than two 90 weapons, they just sit in kaslow all day waiting for the next best thing and have never gone past +15 and yet cry about pvp wont start. This post has made me load two other versions of the game, to those who never did, the games are the same in a major way.the only difference include they don't have sink to the level that we have it.little things like tele tax, Fortification rates, and better tables and clays rates put them over us.everything in society is linked in one way or another, i only wish that people would stop trolling on here and look at the bigger picture that pvp was never like this before all the sinks. The question i always wanted an answer is, at what point will it ever be removed.if you ask me i think never cuz the company benefits.

I MEAN NO DISRESPECT TO ANYONE I JUST TELL IT AS IT IS.  

I agree the gold sinks have crippled our community far beyond a point that they're still viable the only fixes on our communities is another merge (to stimulate and keep us going for another couple months) and eventually removing gold sinks and reinstating 20 MO limit
(MO limit does not effect me unless I need lover coins I wont run Dung's).

lvl90 Hawkeye, lvl90 Saint, lvl8X Avatar, lvl70 Proph, lvl80 Proph, lvl40 Sage ~~~Illannia~~~ ^It's BritneyBish^

rena_ishtar

Rank 0
rena_ishtar
PostedFeb 18, 2013 9:06 pm
there are only a few things i wouldn't mind being 'fixed', pvp is nice and we, ourselves, can make it better. nothing really needs to be implimented to make it better. sure i can't stand those level 40 people (sometimes 30) with plus 10-16 gear nurfing on poor beginners who just want to try out the pvp system and find themselves outclassed.

people, stop talking!!! people just seem to get into a shouting match with each other and say the most awful things. what point is there to that? can't you just form parties and talk with each other? must you guys shout insults at each other every match? i just don't yell or say things as it would help no one.

i've found it vary hard to get into 21-30 Hard fire in Quill. people just don't believe that they can pvp without highly fortified gear or lega armor so people just don't play. in ponchee i have just started a character there and have played 3 times more games in 21-30 bracket than the last half year of Quill with my level 30. disparingly i have also seen highly fortified chars mixed in with the usual assortment of random pvpers.

the only thing i think that could be implimented is lowering the HFB players required in the 21-30 but it seems only Quill is haveing a problem with it. smaller player base perhaps?

humaniixviiiix

Rank 0
PostedFeb 18, 2013 9:58 pm
rena_ishtar wrote:
there are only a few things i wouldn't mind being 'fixed', pvp is nice and we, ourselves, can make it better. nothing really needs to be implimented to make it better. sure i can't stand those level 40 people (sometimes 30) with plus 10-16 gear nurfing on poor beginners who just want to try out the pvp system and find themselves outclassed.

people, stop talking!!! people just seem to get into a shouting match with each other and say the most awful things. what point is there to that? can't you just form parties and talk with each other? must you guys shout insults at each other every match? i just don't yell or say things as it would help no one.

i've found it vary hard to get into 21-30 **** fire in Quill. people just don't believe that they can pvp without highly fortified gear or lega armor so people just don't play. in ponchee i have just started a character there and have played 3 times more games in 21-30 bracket than the last half year of Quill with my level 30. disparingly i have also seen highly fortified chars mixed in with the usual assortment of random pvpers.

the only thing i think that could be implimented is lowering the HFB players required in the 21-30 but it seems only Quill is haveing a problem with it. smaller player base perhaps?  

hahaha , in ponchee people ready +18 in 30 and 40 bracket not just +16.
yeah , HF in ponchee cool down about 30min to 1h because of larger player base , thank for that people can finish newbie arena quest before change they second class.

And about how funny that people need to +18 in beginer bracket , they have they right as long as they spend money for it.

You can't take away they joy of crushing beginer and tell them get of to they right bracket.

But ... *sigh* if only they get off and play with they main character bracket , maybe highbie will stop compare about how they bracket not start because of lack player.
I don't understand why they don't enjoy they end game bracket and play at beginer bracket where belong to newbie and noob.

Well , everyone have they own way to have fun so we try our best to not get in other people's way.
About +18 legacy in 40 bracket , i feel it rilicious for PVP but i still see it as wise chose , since you could use it even in lv 70 , and it still worth to wear in 70 bracket because of great defend and hp (but normaly they don't wear it lol)

rena_ishtar

Rank 0
rena_ishtar
PostedFeb 18, 2013 10:29 pm
honestly i prefur Hard fire, it's more chaotic and fair. it's hard to play it in the later areas because of WSB. fewer people required means sooner (sometimes instant) replays.

sadly no one needs to fort to +18. someone just does so and the others around them whine about how broken it is or just beef up themselves, then yet more people whine. it will be endless.

truely i can live with OP people. i sometimes end up on their team. it's the attitude and lack of sportsmanship that bothers me.

Lordbladexxx

Rank 0
Lordbladexxx
PostedFeb 18, 2013 10:45 pm
Ima just put my input here tbh.. in the lower lvl brackets say 30 and 40. alot of new players are entering these brackets. and they are starting to get to pvp. but lets be honest. the +18 geared players in this bracket kinda ruin it for new players. and completely destroy them. Now im not saying get rid of +18 gears in the lower lvl brackets. but. you cant lie it is kinda OP. think of a new person with just a lvl 30. sprite set. up against full legacy. or full pvp gears +18. with weapons. i really dont see how that said new player is goona win at all. the damage reduct on +18 is pretty high. even my gears at +9 and +10 can barely hit thro +18 x.x its sad really and then comes the problem. ur makin all the newbies pretty much rage quit out arena. and leaving the other team. with basically no players to compensate. i think it would be a good idea. to put fort limits. on the arenas to even out the battles. (dont say its impossible because its definitly possible. alot of games. have done it. learn to leave the aeria community and u will see.) having that said. we need some fairness in pvp. tbh because in ponchee. its pretty hard. to get a HF going or whitesand. like it takes forever.. in the 30, 40, and 50 brackets. Because the newer players just dont wanna play at all because they get killed in a matter of 3 seconds.. its kinda pointless and its not fun to play. ive seen it happen. some even outright quit the game.