kikix12

Rank 5
kikix12
PostedFeb 14, 2013 6:36 pm
Killa_1112 wrote:
Either way you have just blown your point about defs guards 'needing to be nerfed' apparently it matters not if they are.  
I wonder...where did I do that in your opinion.

Killa_1112 wrote:
Whereas my point still stands, Defs have no range and against any ranged opponent, they are weak, UT gives time, sometimes your opponent slips up giving you an opening or sometimes you can land a lucky stun with a debuff wep allowing you to close the gap using fear.  
Your point never stood.

If this was 1vs1 as originally intended...then I guess your point would have some validity. Well, that is, if archer have a non-pottable immobilize or stun that they can use over and over. I honestly don't know. I guess debuff lapis could count, but if I remember correctly, their trigger chance never was high.
That being said, if they can stop defender from getting close to them using debuff lapis, so can defender to stop them from running. And remember that attacking stops the character. In the end, defender will reach that archer that attacks him. An archer that does not attack...well, he won't stop on his own.
As it is, honestly...I don't think that archer would go and run around like a beheaded chicken, instead picking different opponent in the first place. The defender possibly wouldn't go for the archer at that time either...Using their untouchability, they'd go for the hardest hitter, fighter, without all the bothersome interruptions.
In fact, fighter is the single class best against archer, going by skills alone. So would defender even be bothered by that archer in the first place?!

Since this is a group vs group, being weak against a single other class was not a point from the very beginning.

I'm surprised that one of the top two overpowered classes in the game, is the one that needs the most "help" in your opinion.
Why not help mage by forbidding hard-hitting skills?!
Why not help ranger by forbidding potions?!
The answer is simple. Because these rules never had any chance of making the battle in any particular way balanced between classes. They were supposed to make the battle more interesting, preventing it to get drawn-out. Heck, resurrection is banned! And I don't see a single priest (or non priest for that matter) crying here that it is their poster skill, hand in hand with dispel and heals.

Well, not like I don't know what your answer in general will be.

Advertisement

Killa_1112

Rank 5.1
Killa_1112
PostedFeb 14, 2013 6:56 pm
Finished?

- Courtesy of the Great Avyn

b3def

Rank 4
PostedFeb 14, 2013 7:04 pm
Meh, it's impossible to choose 7 people out of our very active guild. It wouldn't be fair on the rest... This is supposed to be for fun, why are there so many restrictions that make no sense?

The post is awfully formatted, with slightly bad English, which makes it hard to understand certain parts of the rules.

The prizes/winnings still haven't been announced on how they will be split. Limiting it to 1 Team per guild may make you struggle to find 16 different teams.

I was looking forward to this, but now I'm not. Why rush the post if it's barely even completed and the rules aren't even decided or clear and you don't have the time to update it "because it's late."

consider.ez

Rank 4
consider.ez
PostedFeb 14, 2013 8:11 pm
b3def wrote:
Meh, it's impossible to choose 7 people out of our very active guild. It wouldn't be fair on the rest... This is supposed to be for fun, why are there so many restrictions that make no sense?  
And how would you do 7vs7 in same guild? Confused

b3def

Rank 4
PostedFeb 14, 2013 8:24 pm
consider.ez wrote:
b3def wrote:
And how would you do 7vs7 in same guild? Confused  

Just take 1st and 2nd place prizes in same guild if it happened and guild could decide who would take 1st and 2nd... Or you could nominate a player from each group and have them 1v1 to determine the winner... There are plenty of ways.

Finding 8 teams from 8 different guilds per faction may be hard.

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedFeb 14, 2013 8:36 pm
JamesGodden wrote:
Rekikyo wrote:
Basically what you are creating, is a scenario where Fighters/Warriors can full chain in 18 seconds, with a total of 10 hits, all supplemented by damage additions, and 8k attack, versus Guards with around 7k attack.  

Your post maks sense to me xcpt your attack powr numbrs are low for both those classes Very Happy at least they are if they ar trying to be full on Warrs and Bguards and not trying to hybrid too much rec/abs into their builds (there have been 2 full rec fighters relying on the bas atk of their wapons n str links, both were also useless at DPSing)  

Last I heard most maxed warriors are around 8400 attack, and maxed Bguards are around 7.3k attack (I think last person I discussed this with was either Rapture or Econo.... can't remember which).

This might be changing with xmas lapis and double max OJ's; I havent drawn up a sheet to see it though. I think you said you as a sin had like 6.3?

My Guard on full rec (albiet not complete) is at 4600, and can probably squeeze 6.1 if everything were perfect.

But yeah.... you get the point: without UT's, Guards are pretty much skill-less warriors.

b3def

Rank 4
PostedFeb 14, 2013 8:42 pm
Rekikyo wrote:
JamesGodden wrote:
Rekikyo wrote:
Basically what you are creating, is a scenario where Fighters/Warriors can full chain in 18 seconds, with a total of 10 hits, all supplemented by damage additions, and 8k attack, versus Guards with around 7k attack.  

Your post maks sense to me xcpt your attack powr numbrs are low for both those classes Very Happy at least they are if they ar trying to be full on Warrs and Bguards and not trying to hybrid too much rec/abs into their builds (there have been 2 full rec fighters relying on the bas atk of their wapons n str links, both were also useless at DPSing)  

Last I heard most maxed warriors are around 8400 attack, and maxed Bguards are around 7.3k attack (I think last person I discussed this with was either Rapture or Econo.... can't remember which).

This might be changing with xmas lapis and double max OJ's; I havent drawn up a sheet to see it though. I think you said you as a sin had like 6.3?

My Guard on full rec (albiet not complete) is at 4600, and can probably squeeze 6.1 if everything were perfect.

But yeah.... you get the point: without UT's, Guards are pretty much skill-less warriors.  

It will have been Rapture you talked too, my gear is sub-par atm. 7.3k is about what he has, with [20] but not double rec'd and no costume, zhao has about 8.7k and his gear is pretty much completed.

minideth

Rank 2
minideth
PostedFeb 14, 2013 9:04 pm
Ok i know i said i was not trolling this post but.. thought point was fury against light? And why can't a guild have more then one team? And why can't there be teams of several guilds/non guided/friends. Rules were you can't be on more then one team, you can have 2 alterntates listed that are not on another team and it's 80. And for those just trolling the post.. can we stop reading all your garbage? Just join the compation and show what you got, your forum pvp is boring and fills the entire thread with your quotes of eachother.

Sin.Paz

Rank 0
Sin.Paz
PostedFeb 14, 2013 9:38 pm
b3def wrote:
Rekikyo wrote:
JamesGodden wrote:
Rekikyo wrote:

It will have been Rapture you talked too, my gear is sub-par atm. 7.3k is about what he has, with [20] but not double rec'd and no costume, zhao has about 8.7k and his gear is pretty much completed.  

your a bit off on the max guard attack !

Perma Retired, I'm sorry Anna

b3def

Rank 4
PostedFeb 15, 2013 12:15 am
Sin.Paz wrote:

your a bit off on the max guard attack ![/quote]

I did hear people have gotten 7.7 - 7.9k attack on Guard Razz