AnimeFan9001

Rank 2
AnimeFan9001
PostedFeb 13, 2013 12:03 pm
iSnacks wrote:
Trading in PVP or any arena is exploiting thats common sense.

I will say I dont understand why you keep saying 'you miss the old gms cause they had great communication' because gms only tell you what theyre allowed to say. If their management tells them to shut up then duh they have to or be fired and frankly who would risk their job for a bunch of ungrateful players. I agree that I would like details all the time but really what team here at Aeria does that? I dont know of a single game here thats more open about addons, rules and changes more than GF especially in comparision to the other versions. PT has had a channel down for 5 days and we STILL CANNOT GET AHOLD OF A GM TO HELP US. you guys should honestly be grateful sometimes for stuff

we dont get a report with stuff the gms are working on, **** we cant even FIND GMS FOR WEEKS. we never get patch note updates on time or even know when we get a new gm or lose one or when bugs are fixed 90% of the time  

I agree with you. Personally I'm pretty sure the GM team is trying their absolute best to get stuff done. Moko answers plenty of threads, and they've gone so far as to make reports as to what they're currently working on. So yes. I'm grateful for our GM team. Especially in terms of support.

Advertisement

Iressa

Rank 1
Iressa
PostedFeb 13, 2013 12:35 pm
AnimeFan9001 wrote:
iSnacks wrote:
Trading in PVP or any arena is exploiting thats common sense.

I will say I dont understand why you keep saying 'you miss the old gms cause they had great communication' because gms only tell you what theyre allowed to say. If their management tells them to shut up then duh they have to or be fired and frankly who would risk their job for a bunch of ungrateful players. I agree that I would like details all the time but really what team here at Aeria does that? I dont know of a single game here thats more open about addons, rules and changes more than GF especially in comparision to the other versions. PT has had a channel down for 5 days and we STILL CANNOT GET AHOLD OF A GM TO HELP US. you guys should honestly be grateful sometimes for stuff

we dont get a report with stuff the gms are working on, **** we cant even FIND GMS FOR WEEKS. we never get patch note updates on time or even know when we get a new gm or lose one or when bugs are fixed 90% of the time  

I agree with you. Personally I'm pretty sure the GM team is trying their absolute best to get stuff done. Moko answers plenty of threads, and they've gone so far as to make reports as to what they're currently working on. So yes. I'm grateful for our GM team. Especially in terms of support.  

No one said they don't do their best or at least I'm not aware of it.

Iressa 90 SL // kiwiboo 8- Saint

wizardmerlin

Rank 2
wizardmerlin
PostedFeb 13, 2013 12:41 pm
skuxemup wrote:
wizardmerlin wrote:
skuxemup wrote:
Stuff  

I was referring to Sai3L or whatever her name is.
I know your Avatar is noob and is why you keep QQ'ing about fear as well as your DK, it's the only one that can't take chunks of HP off a Saint so the logistical fault is with you and the way you use your characters, like I said don't try trolling a Saint knowing that if you do we will troll you right back and even if we didn't it's not like you have a god mode on either of your characters so why expect the rest of us to baby you in arena.

Get over the accusations of
"somethings wrong with everyone else's attitude & not my own"
because it's most likely your attitude at fault not EVERYONE else's.

& I would rather one or two challenging arena's a day than ending up in a stacked arena on baby mode.

Seeing that I'm rarely ever in arena, not likely I QQ much. But you are right fear locking is so competitive what was I thinking... I don't care to be in god mode, it would be nice to 'play' in arena now and then rather than sitting still staring at a saint that is so bored all they can do is fear lock for 20 mins. So much fun there... preventing other from being able to play. I just figure if all the troll saints are going to do is fear lock why bother playing at all. So I don't bother. Let you guys enjoy the dead arena. I'll find something more constructive to do.
And yes there are good saints that don't fear lock and actually know how to play the class. Fear lock = baby mode for them cause that's all the fear locking saints seem to know how to do.

iBambi you say it's exploiting. so if I go into FA and only go for the crystal, I don't pot up and I die in one hit because I'm under geared and your not getting your ego satisfaction of all powerful that I'm exploiting by feeding you kills. Interesting concept.

If 2 players go in HoJ at 1% to try and get max points not trading kills but doing their best they can for what they have it's exploiting.... hmm have to think about that for a bit. Seeing at 1% it's whomever hits first is going to win that round I don't see much exploiting but go ahead and go for the lower points, max hit points, so you can feel all mighty.  

You're missing one of my very obvious points which is, if you attempt to sleep spam or root spam me or any other saint you're going to get it back only diff is we do it better.

Personally my experience with you in arena has been that you've tried spamming me in one way or another then when I react and fear you back you go to whispers trolling me because I've reacted.
I'm sure this is the same with the other Saints in 90's arena we enjoy Healing/DPS'ing but when someone pushes our buttons we will go out of our way to re assert ourselves in whatever situation just like anyone else with any other class.  

I find this so funny, seeing in the past 2 months I've only joined arena 3 maybe 4 times and I don't spam root, sleep, or anything, I don't care enough to try. I am not competitive in arena, I don't have anything to prove. I wouldn't mind getting a couple points here and there for a pvp set but I can get other armor sets just as well. I don't get pvp sets to play pvp as I prefer to do dungeon runs. But for some classes the pvp sets are better for dungeon runs. But you clearly don't know me as I've only gone up against you once in arena, I attacked you once and you fear locked me while your WS team mate killed me at which time I choose to not participate in that match as I clearly saw you were nothing more than a fear locking saint that can't handle being attacked.

Only issue I have with arena is being fear locked and not allowed to play. Kill me 100 times I don't care, I still get to die and try again. Being fear locked I can't do anything, even if I can get a way for a moment I find the saints that do fear lock hold grudges for whatever reason and stalk you and continue to fear lock. Simply no point in playing when that happens and you are one of those saints that do that. So yeah you bet I will RQ with you in arena or simply sit the match out, why waste 20 mins with you stalking me and fear locking me simply for trying to play a game. I can simply RQ and wait to find decent players that understand the point of arena... having fun playing a game and not holding grudges against others for attempting to get a kill for points or heaven forbid an attempt to help their team win. Fear has it's uses but I'm sure the dev's didn't intend for it to be used to prevent players from participating in arena.

I don't pay attention to the class or name of who I'm attacking. Tab, Hit, kill or die, go at it again. I don't care, it's a game to eventually get a pvp armor set. Give me another way to get the pvp set and I would never join arena. Arena with this community is simply is not fun. To many aggressive power hungry god mode wanna be players.

Yes I'm +18 and OP on most of my mains but it's not for arena, it's so I can tank Bosses/Emi's and solo dungeons. And your right my AV is noob, it's under geared it's not +18 and it's worthless outside of arena. But it's one of the classes that do better with the pvp/gvg sets. So yeah I do take it in arena to get the pvp set eventually. I don't care who I'm attacking and don't care if I die, I still need points to get the set, losing points will do just fine I'm not in a hurry. But with the 90 yellow set I won't have to bother taking my AV into arena, so I'm happy about that. Maybe if the few bad apples figured out they are the cause arena doesn't start then maybe more would join and have a good time. But I'm sure I'll get a troll reply just to prove my point.

ston102

Rank 0
ston102
PostedFeb 13, 2013 5:19 pm
Iressa wrote:

No one said they don't do their best or at least I'm not aware of it.  

Wow topic still open that's a first, time to get me some popcorn.And yes the Gm's do work hard and i am not gonna say no,keeping order is not an easy task. but am gonna go with Iressa on this one I'm not aware of it. by the way guys no matter what new events that comes to gf, players will always try to cheat it or find ways to bypass the system. Its a fact,if anyone can tell me 1 event that no one has ever try to cheat or use tricks then grateful to know.After my post on GF rates that was a big hit on here and the pvp issue by another guy i just sit back and laugh.so much people get personal at times.The answer is really clear, every topic that gets open Tell me how much suggestions will ever get considered. I took time to review the pvp post by Mokona and lol everything got a big NO and 1 got a maybe, So my question is this why rage about GF so much to the point of getting personal. There are pvp mmo's way better.better to just relax take it as it come or rage quit like the rest of us though i don't encourage, or ask your self a question deep inside. The key Mistake of GF is the back bone of the game that got played with too much, so events like the HOJ everyone still raging about, the reason is, if it was not so hard to get ANYTHING in game now maybe just maybe things would be better. This my last post on this, The word on here is NO NO NO NO NO.
FIX THE ECONOMY AND THE REST WILL FALL IN LINE >.<

I MEAN NO DISRESPECT TO ANYONE I JUST TELL IT LIKE IT IS

sababafiddle

Rank 3
sababafiddle
PostedFeb 14, 2013 4:28 pm

question

if
everyone "cheats" is it still cheating or is it an adjustment made by the community to give, in this case an arena an actual purpose/use?
(pretty sure a good 90% of HOJ participants trade or are willing to trade)

Would HOJ even be used if trading wasn't going on?

Does anyone actually mistake duels for pvp?

I can essentially do HOJ anytime anywhere by walking up to someone in my level bracket and requesting a duel...lol.

What do we sometimes equate duels with...learning a class/preparing a character for pvp.

What would be better at accomplishing that, legitametly dueling even when there is a huge gear gap between you and your opponent and the point totals for winners and losers as well as the time taken to complete the match fall well short of the points earned from trading. And by trading you are able to get lots of points enabling you to buy lvl 5 blueprints that can actually make you stronger.

edit: its worth noting that this is an EN server which means majority of players are highly familiar with a democratic environment, and as such regardless of the set rules if enough players feel that something is justified and allowed than that justification becomes the standard and accepted as an appropriate option.

sakura_naruko

Rank 0
sakura_naruko
PostedFeb 14, 2013 6:03 pm
HOJ being boring is opinion and GMs cant do anything
they made HOJ because they new players would like it and as u can see many players enjoy it

dvdljns

Rank 0
PostedFeb 20, 2013 9:33 am
Kalashnikovaa wrote:
AKFrost wrote:
I'm not condoning this behavior, but let's not be so quick as to condemn our region for it.  

Why not? Our region is the only region who has most of the problems we're having. It's pretty normal to have logical assumptions and crappy expectations given the history of this community.

Besides, to my knowledge no one said it was only our region doing it. So, no parade really rained on.  

I don't care what other regions are doing. Why would would someone care if other regions are doing something if they are playing in this region?
Most of the good players have left and about all thats left are cheaters and whiny liile kids and face it . The game devs and hosters don't care.

rena_ishtar

Rank 0
rena_ishtar
PostedFeb 20, 2013 9:54 am
dvdljns wrote:
Kalashnikovaa wrote:
AKFrost wrote:
I'm not condoning this behavior, but let's not be so quick as to condemn our region for it.  

Why not? Our region is the only region who has most of the problems we're having. It's pretty normal to have logical assumptions and crappy expectations given the history of this community.

Besides, to my knowledge no one said it was only our region doing it. So, no parade really rained on.  

I don't care what other regions are doing. Why would would someone care if other regions are doing something if they are playing in this region?
Most of the good players have left and about all thats left are cheaters and whiny liile kids and face it . The game devs and hosters don't care.  

they do care. or they should if GF goes down there is no garentee that people will go to their other games and spend ap with memories of how 'horible' GF was to them.

as for HoJ it is my favorite PVP arena. only 1 person asked for a trade and it was simple; they wanted to kill 1 person for the day for the daily event. they got their kill i got my 240 rep. perhaps i shouldn't have (it was amoral to do so) and when i faced them again they RQ after 1 death (well raging is the wrong word to use. it was a the resignment of a defeatist).

with poor success with blueprints i just don't get them or try for the dragon mount with the normal pvp areas. the pots you can get from HoJ rep have saved me time and again in WSB and i helped my team win. i do HoJ for fun, fame and pots. little else in the rewards holds any value at all to me.

ston102

Rank 0
ston102
PostedFeb 20, 2013 9:57 am
dvdljns wrote:
Kalashnikovaa wrote:
AKFrost wrote:

Very Happy

I MEAN NO DISRESPECT TO ANYONE I JUST TELL IT AS IT IS

Skylarias

Rank 0
Skylarias
PostedFeb 20, 2013 11:00 am
HOJ should deduct fame and/or exp from anyone that leaves the arena and quits.

They should also make it so that the buff where you can see stealthed people lasts for 1 minute so that people can't hide away stealthed the entire time just so that you can't kill them a third time -_-.
Or! As every 10 seconds pass, the arena grows a little bit smaller to force the 2 players to fight. If people aren't within bow+arrow/firearm range after 20 sec of fighting time, at least one of them isn't trying.

That way, people have to enter HOJ with the intention of actually trying, and face consequences if they run away like the little babies they really are. So many weak players enter and run away if its a tough class or the person is stronger than them (aka, they have a full set of armor or yellows).

elf_20121212_182715 <font><font>Skylarias</font></size>