Lyyrian

Rank 5
Lyyrian
木ノ葉隠れの里, Konohagakure no Sato United States
PostedFeb 13, 2013 6:36 pm
Sigh, It's funny both sides actually complain about each other, and say the same things about each other. Can we please at least keep the thread civil and not go at each other. If people feel the need to debate, it's best to do so in a civil manner. If one can not do that best to take to one's inbox via PM or not post anything at all.

Advertisement

.absthegod.

Rank 2
PostedFeb 13, 2013 7:11 pm
EricSchreiber wrote:
Awww lights QQ about everything..

If you are NOT tough enough to take the 1st few hits after you port in, then maybe you dont deserve to be invading.
Lights enter on their ponies and start to run then whine because they got attacked and killed right away before their summon bots can take them away to hide and seek.

These whining lights are the same ones that terrain hack over the mountains strait to colony kobolds and 1st mobs.

Stop the AoL whine and bend over and take it. Twisted Evil  

thats not terrain hack its a legit climb Razz

Check yourself before you wreck yourself

rbaugh18

Rank 0
rbaugh18
PostedFeb 13, 2013 7:35 pm
LordKotaro1011 wrote:
rbaugh18 wrote:

But ya know what?.....go ahead....tell a few more of your AoL faction to come and post their idiotic remarks here so it further proves my point correct that all are slightly slow and short in life of a drool bucket! Bravo Sparky!  

I keep both factions and their oppinions at a distance. Why would I bring more AoL to this thread to fight? I didn't come to divide people in this game or to fight anyone. If anything both factions seem bitter and stuck in there ways and it needs to stop.

This is TRUE. BOTH factions get a stern bug up the patooty when it comes to someone "reporting" or "ticketing" on offenses which are clearly legal tactics of game play. So , in both cases for AoL and UoF...this post is more so aimed at the ignorance of GM's banning people for such mysterious offenses and to the twirps in game (whether they be Union or Alliance) for QQing about rules they do not fully understand.

I supported your first post, did I not?

Lordkotaro1011 wrote:

Secondly.
Rules of the OP
+1

Yes, you did. I apologize for over seeing this and much appreciation for your efforts.

Stop being so defensive and judgmental.  

Defensive...yes....judgemental no. I judge no one. I only call what I see....and speaking as a fury, I obviously am only seeing AoL crying when they get the beat down or out numbered. This could be perhaps due to the time zone which I play or the raids which I participate in, but at these times of day, tend to be more populated with whiny Aol "OMG, I am reporrrrrrrting you 'cause you killing in a no-kill zone!!!"....then what happens?....2 days later players are banned unjustly.

I also asked what the ruling on tickets were....because in the instances of the players whom got banned...HAD a GM reviewed the dmg log and read in the normal chat...they would have clearly seen where said AoL members WERE INDEED active and NOT idle...they would've seen that they indeed did move, but returned to the spawn spot and sat on top of idle players. They skilled, buffed....ect ect. So how is that a bannable offense? That...to me...seeems to be an AoL member being the cheater in this circumstance.

MerlinMcTav

Rank 5.1
MerlinMcTav
PostedFeb 14, 2013 5:31 pm
Please try and keep this civil and leave out the faction bashing. It's childish and pointless and will result in the thread being locked and the bashers being reported.

To the OP:
You are absolutely correct, if someone moves or gives any indication they are active then they are fair game.
However, if you are going to attack them you need to be absolutely certain that you only use single target attacks. If you use an AoE and you damage or kill someone who has not moved then that is illegal and you may be subject to disciplinary action.
If you are sure that you only used single target attacks on someone that had moved previously then send in a ban appeal explaining why the ban is unfair.
Yes, sometimes the GMs make mistakes and don't check the logs as far back as they could. They are very busy people and sometimes things happen that are not as they should be.

And if anyone reading this is one of those people who baits people into attacking like that, you should be ashamed. It's a pretty low way to attack someone. In no way could anyone consider that a "win".
I don't normally advocate ticket PvP, but if you see someone obviously trying this tactic, then screen shot it and report it - baiting has always been illegal too.

RIP Kizzd

JamesGodden

Rank 5.1
JamesGodden
PostedFeb 15, 2013 1:13 am
MerlinMcTav wrote:
Please try and keep this civil and leave out the faction bashing. It's childish and pointless and will result in the thread being locked and the bashers being reported.

To the OP:
You are absolutely correct, if someone moves or gives any indication they are active then they are fair game.
However, if you are going to attack them you need to be absolutely certain that you only use single target attacks. If you use an AoE and you damage or kill someone who has not moved then that is illegal and you may be subject to disciplinary action.
If you are sure that you only used single target attacks on someone that had moved previously then send in a ban appeal explaining why the ban is unfair.
Yes, sometimes the GMs make mistakes and don't check the logs as far back as they could. They are very busy people and sometimes things happen that are not as they should be.

And if anyone reading this is one of those people who baits people into attacking like that, you should be ashamed. It's a pretty low way to attack someone. In no way could anyone consider that a "win".
I don't normally advocate ticket PvP, but if you see someone obviously trying this tactic, then screen shot it and report it - baiting has always been illegal too.  

Indeedy, although with the particular spawn in question, it is one of 3 spawns (per faction) that it is a stupid rule for

rbaugh18

Rank 0
rbaugh18
PostedFeb 15, 2013 2:46 pm
Here's an example of what I mean...as the dmg log indicates, I am receiving hits from a player BEFORE I have fully logged and am able to move, buff or skill. In the matter of seconds, I am dead.

Now....this spot is a legal kill zone! However, it is SPAWN point...and according to rules of PvP and ToS, it is illegal to hit a character until they have shown evidence of fully spawning into the point. As previously stated by others...it is important to NOT use aoe's in this area as you may hit a player who is not fully spawned in yet (and in these photos it is evident that no other players are near me, so the person attacking me is in violation of the rules).

And...by NO means whatsoever is this post a faction attack....I know all too well that I (as well as other fury) have accidentally hit players in the spawn point.

The sad part about this SS is that the AoL raid had GS Tonka and GS Joe in it....yet this activity continued.

LordKotaro1011

Rank 4
LordKotaro1011
PostedFeb 15, 2013 5:00 pm   Last edited by LordKotaro1011 on Feb 15, 2013 6:05 pm. Edited 1 time in total
I Agree.

Maybe they did ask the raid to stop the attack, but were too slow. A lot of players either don't read the party chat quick enough or are just ***'s and take their time or don't listen full stop. Like today in the other raid.

rbaugh18

Rank 0
rbaugh18
PostedFeb 15, 2013 5:24 pm
LordKotaro1011 wrote:
I Agree. It is wrong.

Maybe they did ask the raid to stop the attack, but were too slow. A lot of players either don't read the party chat quick enough or are just ***'s and take their time or don't listen full stop. Like today in the other raid.  

+1 and 100% agreed, which is why I refuse to ticket this instance. crap happens and most of the time IF you catch urself making a mistake such as this...a simple "Ooops sorry" suffices and no ticket is really required for corrective action.

LordKotaro1011

Rank 4
LordKotaro1011
PostedFeb 15, 2013 6:08 pm
rbaugh18 wrote:
I refuse to ticket this instance. crap happens and most of the time IF you catch urself making a mistake such as this...a simple "Ooops sorry" suffices and no ticket is really required for corrective action.  

Just arrived back to that spot earlier when I died. [GS]Kali had been there, he said something about having it on fraps.
Problem is both sides don't have a respect for GS's. GS Joe is the one who isn't respected on Light side, Kali on fury.
Can't say much more because I'm PvPing in VR now. Don't wanna be hypocritical.

-Retired.