gmebilfish

GameMaster: USA
gmebilfish
PostedFeb 14, 2013 10:51 am
Thanks MPure for creating this and everyone providing their feedback. Please have everyone contribute to this post so we can better gauge a good time frame for most people.

Things like which time frame you agree and disagree, along with suggestion on time frame.

Thanks everyone!
Advertisement

Bryan.Fury

Rank 3
Bryan.Fury
PostedFeb 14, 2013 11:20 am   Last edited by Bryan.Fury on Feb 14, 2013 11:51 am. Edited 1 time in total
filipvarga wrote:
10 PM+ isnt really fair for people that get up early for Classes every morning.

Like mykolag wrote, a range between 7pm - Midnight CET seems acceptable. One or two Sieges should even be 1-2 AM CET as they used to be, US only.  
You can't ask for time that into USA is BEFORE afternoon..

so ANY time that is before 13.00 is off limits for USA. This mean that we can't ask them to go to Hard because we have our times in the range from 22.00 to 00.00

For 7 years i did sieges at 05.00AM. Really i don't want again these times, BUT i can't ask for times that are only for ME or MY time zone (CET). I MUST find a "MID time" that can be "fair enough" for the majority of people..

So, 22.00-00.00 CET (GMT+1) is 13.00-15.00 PST (GMT-8). THAT is fair enough for everyone.

filipvarga

GameSage: DK Online
filipvarga
PostedFeb 14, 2013 11:26 am
If I got the idea of changing Siege times right, which was supposed to be "Changing Castle Siege times so everyone is able to attend", which does not mean everyone has to attend every Castle Siege, the Idea was to allow more players from different Time Zones to attend Castle Siege.
US players got cut off with this change because they wont be able to attend every Siege from now on, but it made it accessible for European players 3 times per week, which seems fair in my opinion.

Magician2011

Rank 0
PostedFeb 14, 2013 12:44 pm

Re: Castle siege time discussion/feedback

MPure wrote:
I have mixed feelings about the times, I understand why they were changed.. but let's see what everyone thinks.

It's impossible to please everyone, but I think it could be much better.

Current times

Labonia: Tues - 1pm PST / 4pm EST

Halland: Wed - 8am PST / 11am EST

Lubdier: Thu - 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Baston: Fri - 7am PST / 10am EST

Tourhut: Sat - 3pm PST / 6pm EST

Braden: Sun - 10am PST / 1pm EST

Well, it's clear that the weds and Friday sieges are aimed towards European / Asia playerbase. I'm fine with this and don't want to start a debate, but I'll just say that I and many others chose to play NA games because we expect times to be compatible. We would be elsewhere otherwise. That said, 2 per week isn't a huge deal.

Some suggestions though. Halland is currently the most fun castle siege to be in due to the field. I think it deserves a weekend slot for maximum potential.

Halland to Saturdays slot
Tourhut to Thursdays slot
Lubdier to Wednesdays slot

I also think Saturday's siege should be an hour or two earlier.

If the morning sieges are proving to be dull(Which I think they will be) Either one could be bumped up to match Labonias time, which is actually also fairly EU friendly. I really think baston should be bumped up to 1pm pst.  

OK I'm an EU player but even I think these timings are becoming alittle absurd now.

Labonia: Tues - 1pm PST / 4pm EST / 9pm GMT

Halland: Wed - 8am PST / 11am EST / 4pm GMT

Lubdier: Thu - 6pm PST / 9pm EST / 2am GMT

Baston: Fri - 7am PST / 10am EST / 3pm GMT

Tourhut: Sat - 3pm PST / 6pm EST / 11pm GMT

Braden: Sun - 10am PST / 1pm EST / 6pm GMT

With those timings most of the time either I wont be able to attend or my mostly NA based guild members. The timings should stay between 21:00-23:00 GMT or 22:00-00:00 GMT to be more convenient for us EU players as they will also be convenient for the US players. This game is for EU and NA anyway. I am all for the Asian players joining us but timings should be appealing to us for our convenience first Smile.

dgj381

Rank 0
PostedFeb 14, 2013 1:19 pm
Labonia: Tues - 1pm PST / 4pm EST / 9pm GMT

Halland: Wed - 1pm PST / 4pm EST / 9pm GMT

Lubdier: Thu - 1pm PST / 4pm EST / 9pm GMT

Baston: Fri - 1pm PST / 4pm EST / 9pm GMT

Tourhut: Sat - 1pm PST / 4pm EST / 9pm GMT

Braden: Sun - 1pm PST / 4pm EST / 9pm GMT

mykolag

Rank 1
mykolag
PostedFeb 14, 2013 2:27 pm
Every day the same time - VERY BAD idea!

filipvarga

GameSage: DK Online
filipvarga
PostedFeb 14, 2013 2:49 pm
Even though the Times are acceptable for both Time Zones. The times should vary from +-1-3 hours and at least one Siege should be after 8 PM PST.

MPure

Rank 1
MPure
PostedFeb 14, 2013 3:30 pm   Last edited by MPure on Feb 15, 2013 11:13 am. Edited 1 time in total
Suggested #1

Mon: 1 PST / 4pm EST / 9pm GMT / 5am SGT (Tues)

This time allows people in Europe to be home from work/school. Most people on PST can't attend, and EST is half half depending on work hours. 5am is brutal but they have to expect that by playing here and not on their local hosts, and is actually possible if they wake up before their work/school starts.

Tues: 4:30 pm PST / 7:30 pm EST / 12:30 am GMT / 8:30 am SGT (Thurs)

Most Americans can show. Dedicated Asians and Euros can. This range should be the general hotspot and focal point.

Thurs: 9am PST / 12pm EST / 5pm GMT / 1am SGT(Weds)

This time is essentially non-American and only good for euro/asia, although 1am is bad I don't think there will ever be a good time for them. I really think there needs to be only one really early siege like this.

Fri: 6pm PST / 9pm EST / 2am GMT / 10am SGT (Saturday)

This siege is perfect in that everyone can show up. There is no reason to make friday a morning siege, it should be a late siege because it carries over to the weekend for Asia and Europe. Friday time is the main one in need of change. It's rough on Europe but this siege could quite possibly be the best siege of the week, and I suggest Halland to be here.

And, believe it or not there are people on PST who have jobs and won't get home till 5-6.

Sat: 2 PST / 5pm EST / 10pm GMT / 6am SGT (Tues)

It's a weekend time that most people can attend.

Sun: 11am PST / 2pm EST / 5pm PST / 3am SGT(Mon)

Another siege that is good by the vast majority of the game.

There's room to fill in the holes if/when we get Raden/Ledise/Emtlant sieges. I think the times I've posted are quite reasonable in that everyone should be able to attend at least half of them.

Suggested #2

4pm PST everyday wasn't even half bad. That's 7pm EST, 12am GMT, and 8am SGT which is actually possible for everyone. Don't change what isn't broken? Maybe have four sieges at 4pm PST, then one earlier and one later. With weekend sieges everyone should realistically be able to attend half or more under that time frame.

Friday would be the late siege, and any weekday the early one.

Xardas42

Rank 1
Xardas42
PostedFeb 14, 2013 3:42 pm
MPure wrote:
4pm PST everyday wasn't even half bad. That's 7pm EST, 12am GMT, and 8am SGT which is actually possible for everyone. Don't change what isn't broken? Maybe have four sieges at 4pm PST, then one earlier and one later. With weekend sieges everyone should realistically be able to attend half or more under that time frame.  

I read this just minutes after suggesting it on RaidCall to my mates. This would satisfy the majority of our guild, INCLUDING those of us from the UK. Even an hour or two early might be attainable.

End of the day, it's up to AGE & the majority of players. The fact that my work & commute schedule is often erratic is nobody's problem but mine. If I can't play ... I simply just can't play. I do want what's best for the community, so good luck with your decision.

I sure am going to miss Castle Siege. Rolling Eyes

mykolag

Rank 1
mykolag
PostedFeb 15, 2013 4:13 am
Suggested #1 is Perfect. Guilds have chance to find best time for their members.

IMHO, to have Castle siege always at the same time - bad idea... with different time You at least have chance to attend (minimum 1-2 times per week)...