I've noticed that there are many who ask how to get a hacked account back. And since this isnt in the ava forums alrdy, i decided to make this topic in the ava section of the forums also.
My account was hacked! What to do?
- If the hackers didn´t change your password and email adress. Do it as soon as possible!
How to change it? Go to My profile-->Edit Profile-->account-->Email/Password and change it.
- If you cannot access your account anymore, create a new account and send the ticket from there involving all the info as shown below.
- You have to send a ticket and explain the issue there. As a ticket is your only hope to get the account back.
However You will have to prove that the account really belongs to you.
You should be very polite and try to write understandable english.
Therefore You will receive a response with these questions:
1) Account name
2) Server(s) your character(s) are associated with
3) Name(s) of the character(s)
4) Items which the character(s) have equipped and in the inventory
5) The transaction #'s for the last 5 items purchased (including dates, times, and
6) The transaction #'s for the last 5 items purchased
7) The original and current email address associated with the account
8) The date the account was registered
9) Your I.P Address ( feel free to use whatismyip.com)
- If you change your ip adress or you get a new router, make sure you saved your IP addresses to a text file.
In order to speed things up, you should answer to these questions in the very first ticket you are gonna send.
I sent the ticket. Now what?
After the ticket has been sent, You will receive automated responce that will include your Request Tracker # (RT#).
If you won´t receive a reply from a GM within 48 hours, you may ask a Game Sage (GS) to forward the RT# for You.
Make sure You have checked the junkmail first before asking a GS to forward the ticket!
GM may ask you for more information in the ticket, please be patient and answer to all question they may have as that is the only way how to get your account back and they are trying to help you.
What can I do to prevent getting hacked?
- Never give your password to anyone! By never I mean NEVER! GM´s or GS´s will never ask for you password!
- Do not share your account with anyone! Its is against ToS and can be bannable
- Do not visit any suspicious sites, especially the ones with cheats and hacks.
There is a high chance you will unknowingly download a keylogger from such a site and practically let them to hack your account.
- People may try to sell their account to you, but these sellers are just out there to trick you. Not only is it a violation to AeriaGames ToS (Terms of Service) but it's an easy way for you to get scammed. If the "seller" writes a ticket to Aeria giving all correct information of their account the GM's will give their account. If you've found that you have been scammed this way they try to refund your money if you've used PayPal or your CreditCard both quite easy to regain your money back.
- Make sure you have antivirus program installed and regularly updated
- Your E-Mail address, which is linked to AeriaGames is one of the most easiest ways to get into someones account, to prevent this I propose that you use an E-Mail address just for Aeria or an e-mail address no-one knows also.
- Create a strong password. Make sure it doesn´t contain names of your family members, pets etc. Make it as random as it can be. Also if you registered account on some different forums, game site etc. do not use the same password!
For more information about how hacks work please visit these threads: Hacking knowledge
and Account Theft