wizardmerlin

Rank 2
wizardmerlin
PostedFeb 12, 2013 5:26 pm
iSnacks wrote:
Spikerip wrote:

i guess the big question is what are the other servers doing that is making theirs so popular VS the EN version?  

I play EN, PT, IT and TW and the only differnce really is the community's attitude. the worst attitudes and overall sportsmanship is in this version. PT has a bunch of nicee people and the drama only starts really with the bigger guilds

Nah you cant really say its the APs items/prices cuz TW is not cheap AT ALL lol. It really comes down to people dont rq or treat each other like crap in the other versions people play for fun and dont try to cheat every other match. not to say they dont have drama at all cuz they do but its nowhere like the nasty attitudes in EN. people here scare off new players like its a sport  

+1 I couldn't agree more. It's all about the current communities attitude. If people would change their attitudes towards others then the EN server might actually turn around and start growing again, arena might actually open more or maybe run all the time if it was fun for everyone rather than a slaughter house for most, and a feeding ground for a few. Allow others to enjoy and stop feeding on them and they might just join again.

The way this community reacts to other players is just like how Aeria is with their rates and tiered spenders. Back in the day when Aeria was generous with their pixels players were typically nicer to other players. Arena opened a lot more, players had more fun, and we got the stuff we needed to enjoy the game. Now it's all cut throat, and self centered, even from EN Aeria themselves. This needs to change if the EN server is to survive! Games are entertainment, if it's not fun people won't play it. And it all starts with each and every one of us to make it fun.
Advertisement

sababafiddle

Rank 3
sababafiddle
PostedFeb 12, 2013 5:29 pm

idk

about that
I mean I wouldn't say EN has much of a community at all anymore, its just a ghost town at this point in time and patches.

skuxemup

Rank 1
skuxemup
PostedFeb 12, 2013 6:26 pm
DEAD Game is DEAD

lvl90 Hawkeye, lvl90 Saint, lvl8X Avatar, lvl70 Proph, lvl80 Proph, lvl40 Sage ~~~Illannia~~~ ^It's BritneyBish^

xPesmerga

Rank 0
xPesmerga
PostedFeb 12, 2013 7:35 pm
what makes others versions more popular than the EN version...

good question,

as player from the GF PT version, i will highlight some points. (sorry about my english)

Guild vs Guild rivalry, they don't want just to see the other guild lose the battle, they want to see it destroyed! (Madaya server specially).

player vs player rivalry, some players wants to be the "top player of the server", making them investing tons of money on their characters (if you go on the community, you will see, mostly of the threads are about "who is the top player", ego stuff)

they have a lack of engagement with the community (some don't want to get evolved, because it's boring or they think it's not of their concern - util they get banned or when they have some problems with AP, password or when something bad happens like an rollback..

they only goes massively at the forum when it's Wednesday, when the game is at maintenance. just to ask "is the game online yet?".

some players are aware of what is missing in the game, missing content, translation errors, game bugs, they think the game is going bad to worse. paradoxically, they keep playing it anyway. they just don't want to quit playing, despite of everything.

i don't know what else to say and sorry about mey english once again.

dx0520

Rank 3
PostedFeb 12, 2013 7:46 pm
xPesmerga wrote:
what makes others versions more popular than the EN version...

good question,

as player from the GF PT version, i will highlight some points. (sorry about my english)

Guild vs Guild rivalry, they don't want just to see the other guild lose the battle, they want to see it destroyed! (Madaya server specially).

player vs player rivalry, some players wants to be the "top player of the server", making them investing tons of money on their characters (if you go on the community, you will see, mostly of the threads are about "who is the top player", ego stuff)

they have a lack of engagement with the community (some don't want to get evolved, because it's boring or they think it's not of their concern - util they get banned or when they have some problems with AP, password or when something bad happens like an rollback..

they only goes massively at the forum when it's Wednesday, when the game is at maintenance. just to ask "is the game online yet?".

some players are aware of what is missing in the game, missing content, translation errors, game bugs, they think the game is going bad to worse. paradoxically, they keep playing it anyway. they just don't want to quit playing, despite of everything.

i don't know what else to say and sorry about mey english once again.  

LOL

I've reiterated many times, different regions don't make a difference, humans are humans.

I bet the only difference is the imbalance between geared and ungeared is lesser there, that's all.

Synith.

Rank 0
Synith.
PostedFeb 12, 2013 8:40 pm
Ehh I'd avoid the Quill server because it's deffinitely not as active as it used to be. I've been playing since last summer. Lots of people have left, and the game is pretty inactive late at night and early in the morning if you're PST. It's also very difficult to get into parties as most people already have "favorites" established prior to reset time.

wizardmerlin

Rank 2
wizardmerlin
PostedFeb 12, 2013 11:54 pm
skuxemup wrote:
DEAD Game is DEAD  

^^ and yet you still expect competition in arena... amazing that you think a dead game will give you what you desire... and it's the attitudes from you and a few other that are killing the game. Hope you are enjoying what you are creating.

Not mention if the game is so dead as you put it, and the competition you desire is not happening, then why are you here? Surely there have to be other games with what you are looking for...

skuxemup

Rank 1
skuxemup
PostedFeb 13, 2013 12:43 am
wizardmerlin wrote:
skuxemup wrote:
DEAD Game is DEAD  

^^ and yet you still expect competition in arena... amazing that you think a dead game will give you what you desire... and it's the attitudes from you and a few other that are killing the game. Hope you are enjoying what you are creating.

Not mention if the game is so dead as you put it, and the competition you desire is not happening, then why are you here? Surely there have to be other games with what you are looking for...  

That's merely a observation, an attitude is what you are bringing to the table.
If you want baby mode go play Pokemon.

And ofc there are far more PvP orientated games out there whether or not I play them is of my concern and no one else's.

lvl90 Hawkeye, lvl90 Saint, lvl8X Avatar, lvl70 Proph, lvl80 Proph, lvl40 Sage ~~~Illannia~~~ ^It's BritneyBish^

iBambi

Rank 5
iBambi
PostedFeb 13, 2013 1:00 am
I met a lot of nice people on GF PT, but overall they make most of the "drama" here on EN seem nonexistent. With almost all the high lvls being cramped into two competing guilds, and no real follow up on harassment, I don't see how the community attitude there is sooooo much better to the point that they're game is highly active, while ours is just.. this.

cmartly48

Rank 0
cmartly48
PostedFeb 13, 2013 1:43 am
LordRapthorne wrote:
Spikerip wrote:
iBambi wrote:
haozoPT wrote:
Portugues version from Brazil right?

PS: just because I'm portuguese from portugal, I don't have nothing against them I'm just asking..
and I don't know why but sometimes they don't like us... or just some of them. I'm not going to tell you why I know this  

I'm not sure if the Portuguese version is from Brazil or Portugal, but I've met people from both countries there. Personally I think playing on GF PT is a lot more fun, due the super high activity and better economy, but the language barrier is what's keeping me on EN. I would say you should give GF EN a try first, but if you find the population to be too small, I would recommend checking out the Portuguese server. o/  

i guess the big question is what are the other servers doing that is making theirs so popular VS the EN version?  

Their population contains less QQers and self entitled ragers, pretty much  

I really agree with Lord's statement. There's a lot of people who are very self-entitled here, and rage the most. I guess it's general understanding that the EN version of GF is most customized and has had a lot of work put into it for a very ungrateful few people, and those that are heavily ungrateful are very vocal about it. I'm surprised that the EN version is still getting active updates, to be completely honest. I've been here for a few weeks and I can already say that there is a dwindling population.

For those that complain about the population, maybe the ones who complain about everything drive away a lot of potential players. "This game sucks" "Don't play" "Don't spend your money" If you're unhappy, don't spread it. Aeria is a very substantial company. I doubt losing a few AP spenders, heck, even losing GF, wouldn't really "damage" Aeria anyway, not fiscally.

Being overly critical and "ragey" isn't going to help. For future: being logical and explaining things in a very commonsense approach is easier than saying "GM FIX THIS Y U SUCK," and it carries farther.

tl;dr
Stop whining in EN.