NaraEnkidu

Rank 0
PostedJan 03, 2013 9:51 pm
reoow wrote:
Durabilities only affects the divination buff, but I dont like that buff anyway because it give some chance to turn you into a fisherman which has some glitchs(slower movement speed, unable to attack sometimes). If you want the buff, you can always go to someone else's island to receive it. Other than that, having a burning island doesn't give any bad effect, although it may discourages you from maitaining your island.

One thing I learnt from this game is that sometimes, you need to change yourself to adapt to the game rather than asking devs to change the game so it will fit for you. If you aren't AP buyer and dont have a highbie character who can make a lot of gold, then you shouldn't care about the island's durability.

I only go to my island once a day to fishing(10 pulls to receive 50exp), visit a lv2 or lv3 island to fishing on the small islands(25 pulls to receive 50exp), collect hammers and oclay. You shouldn't use the hammers and oclay right away, instead store them in your backpack. The fishes you got can give some hammers too. When you have 15 hammers, use them all at once(receive 1-3exp for each repair and 50exp for daily event = ~80exp in total). Check the alchemy table daily, when you see the +8% crit damage stone on round 3, its time to use the olcays you have accummulated. Hehe, I have never been able to make that stone but it worth 1-2k gold so it may be worth your patience. I have successfully made a +3 VIT stone(sold for 300G on AH), a +6 STR +3 AGI stone, a saphael mat x2 on round 5(sold for 120G) and several moon, sun platinum fragment x60(sold for 50G on AH) from the oclays I received from my island in less than one month, quite an income for poorbies XD.  

I'm not asking to get it changed, i'm asking if that will happen, meaning if it was planned or something.

i started playing about a week ago and have only 1 chara in lvl 40 and 1 in lvl 20 so i will eventually hit high levels (eventually.... been slow at leveling tho) and will be able to mantain it properly... still, as you said, seeing it burn is quiet a demotivation... games are to be enjoyed and i'm stating i dont enjoy that. i'm not an AP buyer nor am contributing with any money to the server so it would be ilogical to reclaim for it, but i believe it is not bad to state your own opinion.

also, adapting to stuffs that you dont consider right is a kind of mediocrity. i dont plan on adapting to have my island burning, i plan on getting it back to how it should be eventually... still watching it burn till i'm able to is still something i do dislike

as i said, not begging nor reclaiming anything, just stating my point of view (also sorry if i messed with my grammer somewhere up there... english is not my first language)
Advertisement

mgracev4

Rank 0
mgracev4
PostedJan 22, 2013 12:48 pm
Just started with this Sprite Island thing. Before I go on, let me say that I've only purchased AP once, to obtain the flying mount. I am not a regular AP buyer. So, no, I am not a hardcore GF player. I am mainly playing the game casually.

Sprite Island seems a very promising development in the game, so I wanted to try it. After playing with it for a week, here are my observations:

1. The BURNING condition helps nobody. I realize that the game developers want you to keep logging into the game to maintain your island, but no matter how painstakingly I maintain it as an active player, the moment i stop logging in, even for just a week, my island will EFFING BURN.

This makes island maintenance an absolutely exhausting task, to the point that you will NOT WANT TO ESTABLISH AN ISLAND if you KNOW you're not going to be able to play for an extended period of time --[say, you're from vacation and school is about to start again]. Even if I were an AP spender, I am not going to throw away my money on repair mallets that can only repair 7-9 points out of the 300 that my island has. No. Just, no.

It's also very discouraging to go around hopping from island to island and seeing burning houses everywhere. This tells me that the player has either not logged on for a very long time, or has simply stopped caring. If other people no longer care for their island, why would I care for mine? Come to think of it, why care about SPRITE ISLAND altogether?

If you want players to keep coming back because of maintenance reasons, then let the island SELF-REPAIR the moment the player logs in. I would definitely keep logging in, even if I have nothing to do in game, just because I know my island needs repair.

2. Fishing stuff clogs the inventory. I second the motion on the suggestion from another player here that items from Sprite Island should have an inventory of its own. Fishes, fishing rods, mallets, feeds, etc. should not be clogging up my already limited bag space. If you're really profit-oriented, I think it would be more economical to sell a PERMANENT [i.e. not something that disappears after 30 days of use] cash shop item that allows you to keep Sprite Island stuff in a separate bag. I'd curse you to high heavens for giving me more reasons to get AP, but I would anyway.

3. The light balls could use some enhancing. Please note that there are glowing flowers that give off their own cute light balls in the Sprite Plantation. Unfortunately this spot is also where these effing lights love to hang out, so good luck in spotting the light balls there. I find myself ALWAYS dropping from my dragon and zooming in just to see the **** things. And since they are LIGHT balls, they have a way of blending into the island's BRIGHT YELLOW sand. God freaking ****.

4. ISLAND EXP gain is DISMAL. Considering that it takes thousands of EXP for the island to reach the next level, it makes me facepalm when I only get 1-3 EXP for every lightball I destroy on a friend's island. And there's a limit of FIVE lightballs every island. Even if I were to get the maximum 3 EXP every lightball, that only comes to a grand whopping total of 15 EXP every island.

Why?

WHY?

I mean, is there a reason for this? I genuinely want to know. I want to be able to talk to one of the designers and hear him say "hey, you know why we made the EXP this small? I'll let you know. It's because of blah blah... blah............ blah................." I really want to hear it coming out of their mouths, and watch them slowly stop talking as self-realization gradually sinks in, hearing that inner voice from deep within their pure hearts saying that what they just told me made absolutely NO SENSE.

Changes are good, and I am a pretty adaptive player in that I never complain about anything game related. I have played about 10 MMORPGs at this point [SWTOR, Ragnarok Online 1 and Ragnarok Online 2, Flyff Online, Pirate King Online, etc.] and whenever changes come up, I just accept them and go with the flow. But Sprite Island absolutely boggles me and I can't think of a reason why it was designed this way. It's like the designers just wanted to piss the players off, had a meeting and decided to make Sprite Island. Oh wait--

Dawnshadow033

Rank 0
PostedFeb 03, 2013 2:42 pm

Question

Lvl up ur island
How do you level up your sprite island? I am lvl 1 and i want to become lvl 3. Very Happy

rayzstyle123

Rank 0
PostedFeb 05, 2013 10:39 pm

Hello

I finsihed the quest that says to visit the Sprite from kaslow jale and ilya, i finsihed it and yet my island still not opened. now im level 38 and wanted to try.

Izzeth

Rank 2
PostedFeb 05, 2013 10:42 pm

Re: Hello

rayzstyle123 wrote:
I finsihed the quest that says to visit the Sprite from kaslow jale and ilya, i finsihed it and yet my island still not opened. now im level 38 and wanted to try.  

masterwinstonx wrote:
YOU MUST GIVE YOUR ISLAND A NAME BEFORE IT WILL ALLOW YOU TO ENTER IT.  

dawnsin

Rank 0
PostedFeb 10, 2013 2:04 pm

statues

alright so i wanted to ask this real fast sorry if it's in the wrong spot but how do you get more statues in you're spirit island i have two killed the third monster on the list but it says i don't have the statue for it am i missing somthing?

Aelitalily

Rank 0
Aelitalily
PostedFeb 11, 2013 2:39 pm

Sprite Island

Its easy if you know how
First off I want to give props to GSDesu for the amazing guide at the start of this thread, I found it very helpful first starting out on my island. I faced ALL the issues that lots of ppl complain about, and starting out is very hard as it is challenging to find anyone who knows what they are doing to give good advice + share island experience with. Everything changed for me the instant I found a lv3 island friend! They knew what they were doing and were able to pass this knowledge down to me :3

The answer to the most complained about topic "burning island" is AUTO FISH! It takes around 20 mins for a rod to be depleted autofishing so if you are going to watch a show, or go afk for any reason its SUPER easy to hit fish and go about your business. If you have multiple chars on the same acc you can send excess fish to them so they can also build up extra mallets. Essentially you will yield more then enough mallets to maintain your island + a friends if you want to, especially if you have more then one char Very Happy The higher level your fishing char is, the better quality things you will get out of your fish, for example, more grade A att and def scrolls.

Fishing manually for the "daily" exp bonuses in lv1 area AND lv2 area (anyone with lvl3 island have access to Chord Rock, the lvl 2 fishing area) is also a must for speedy exp, again if you are doing it on multiple chars you get hundreds of exp daily. Using 15 mallets in one day getting 50 "bonus" exp daily ontop of the base exp you already get really helps with leveling to get your own island to lv3.

Lastly, if you've been collecting all that fish food, once you find a friend with lvl 3 island and with something inside their fishery, feed that fish like mad until you have no fish food left! If you autofish you will get plenty of extra fish food also, more then you will ever need. You can spam feeding the fish to get hundreds of exp, even when they are "full".

My island is half way to lvl 3 right now and Ive only been doing these things for a couple weeks! Very Happy It really is easy if you have access to your pc even while your busy. Be warned that the exp bar only gets bigger the higher lvl you get Razz I am hoping to have my island to lv3 soon and everyone is welcome to come and visit me! PM me if you need any help and/or have any questions in game :3 Aelitalily / VioletLilly are my 2 mains if anyone wants to add me and check out what an awesome island looks like! Very Happy

Side note; this is my first time posting here so I really hope I got it right LOL

Aelitalily

Rank 0
Aelitalily
PostedFeb 12, 2013 8:15 am

Dying fish

please help!
I feel incredibly sad right now Sad Shortly after my post we had mait. After mait we can longer feed fish AT ALL the interface seem broken :,( My friend's fish have now died and we wont be catching any Magenta Lilifish today. The worst part is this didnt happen on my island, it happened on my friend's and since they are capped on exp I have been the "sole" caretaker of her island. Please help me figure out how I can fix this and make it right T_T

mgracev4

Rank 0
mgracev4
PostedFeb 12, 2013 6:24 pm
****, and I haven't even set out to try your tips. =_=

can someone confirm if this is a bug please?

Aelitalily

Rank 0
Aelitalily
PostedFeb 22, 2013 3:04 am

lvl3 /o/
Okay so I can definately confirm that there is a fishery bug currently which the devs are aware about, so hopefully it will be fixed soon ^_^
I finally leveled my island to 3 and I want to invite everyone (On Ponchee Razz) to visit Smile
Ive had a lot of people ask me how to visit when they arent in the same area as me; just add as friend and view them, then "view island" Smile
Once the fisheries are back and running I will be actively utilising them to provide everyone with rare fish only available on lv 3 islands currently Smile

So on that note yay /o/ and I cant wait for devs to bring on the lv4 and up island data!!! Very Happy

My ingame char name is Aelitalily and my island is called Mysidia :3