midlip

Rank 0
midlip
PostedFeb 11, 2013 11:14 pm

DS ACV Solo Guide

Soloing Weavie Style ;)
Bosses Breakdown
Molitda
This little minx has a reflect buff... 100% chance to reflect 30% damage. And to top that off, she gives a debuff to reduce your hit rate by 40%? Be careful for that reflect. You can 1-3 hit yourself if un-prepared
the reflect buff is exactly the same as a sage's buff. Just look out for that 'yellowy/greeny' buff. It's kinda hard not to see XD And the de-buff? Dont worry about it Wink

Toroso
He is one tough cookie for Darkstalkers. Especially with his +100% attack speed buff and his +200% attack damage. Toroso's buffs are bright yellow and bright blue, easy to see when they proc (especially the attack speed buff. Looks like he is jammin to techno! XD)

Yanna
To be honest, I dont really pay much attention to yanna's buffs and debuffs... I never have. (can anyone fill in on this? XD)

Baha
I havent really payed much attention to baha's buff/debuffs either XD But no need to worry, there is method to my madness. ;D
------------------------------------------------------------
Talent Combos
PSW (1-1-x-x)
Samurai (1-2-1-x)
Destroyer (3-2-2-x)
Apparition (3-1-3-3)
Fast Walker (1-3-1-x)
That's all i need, and all you'll need too Razz
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Armour
My preference is DS Legacy for the extra HP, but you can use the lvl 70 sprite set and 65 pvp set as well. (I havent tried with this set tbh...) Legacy Soloing is possible with +5-7 on legacy, but it won't always be a 'fo sho brah' kind of run XD. +9 will easily be enough to do a safe run and still get some speed
Level 70 Sprite Set Some prefer the lvl 70 sprite set for the damage reducton, but that damage reduction is for "physical" attacks only. This makes it kind of useless for yanna and baha who are both magic based
Level 65 PvP Set It is possible to solo at level 66 with this set and be pretty speedy with +9 equips... That's all I can say on this topic because i havent used this set
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weapons
Level 60 Bodor Yellow Sword
This little beauty is a beast! Im level 80 and still love the damage this little nipper does! "20% chance for tripple attack damage"

Level 65 Grandelion Yellow Sword
I only switch this sword in when I need to hit some crits to leech back my HP. Mainly with Toroso and Moli... Just proc it, and switch out. i dont really find it that useful (thats why i gave it to my sprite >.<)

Level 66 Fallen Emperor Orange Sword This is a life saver when duel weilded with the 70 dark knight. Truly amazing. If you are ever in a "OH MAI GOD IMMA DIEEEEE" kinda moment, play this card. no more pooping the bed, or chair, or where ever you like playing GF XD

Level 66 Shining Winds Melody Bow / Level 70 Brilliant Jade
This is KEY for Toroso. I mean, how can you go wrong with +20% evade, and -45% phisical crit damage?! How?! No waiting around for shizzle wizzles to happen no more. Its a plug-and-play kinda bow. Toroso will not be coming to your parties if you show him this

Level 66 Bahados Devilfish
It has +55% crit damage... +55%...+55%...+55% -echo echo echo- just having this in your aresnal will come in handy

(And Finally)
Level 70 Dark Knight Yellow Sword
This is the one, for me, this never leaves the left slot on my character screen [C]. Like, never ever!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prefix's and Slotting
Lv 70 Sprite Set
~ With this set, you want it at least +9 for Yanna and Baha, dont worry about Moli and Toroso. More skill in my eyes is required to kill them than Yanna and Baha
~ drill it with +6 Vit stones (maybe the +6VIT and +1% evade stones if you can) just to add to the damage reduction build. Smile The stones are fairly cheap too... compared to the rest of the ancient variants in AH (remember, 2 stones in chest pieces!)
~ ideally, you want to continue with the damage reduction build, so you have a choice of the "Blessed" "Cordinated", or "Persevering" prefix. I'm currently working on persevering. -10% crit damage per piece is worth more than -1% damage (magic and physical) and Premonition 4 coveres the recived crit rate

Legacy
~ again, at least +9 if you're going to stand a chance again Moli's reflect and Toroso's huge crits
~ you can actually drill legacy, although I havent really taken any thought into drilling mine. If I did drill it, I would choose between STR, AGI and VIT... STR+9 VIT+2 stones seem like the logical way though. The legacy is missing a lot of attack, and the VIT for the extra litle bonus :3
~ Prefixing legacy can't be done

Lv 65 PvP set
~ I have pretty much no info in my GF data banks about this set XD Just +9 it and hope for the best! (sorry XD anyone else got any info on using this set for soloing ACV? :3)
~ you can slot it
~ you can't prefix it. Enough said XD

All Swords ~ +9 and above on everything if you can :3
~ because us DS's have one of the highest crit rates, and its also to cap crit damage, so in all of my sword ive gone for x2 damage stones and x1 rate stone (i can cap crit damage and rate at 80 using this build. so yeah >.<)
~ Prefix's, eh? For soloing, damage would be good. so "Death", "Deathly" and "Strength" would work fine in my opinion, but that is of course if you decided to opt out on PvP and also sell runs, go for the "Accuracy" prefix. "Accuracy" would also help with moli's -hit rate debuff, and its a good PvP prefix for obvious reasons. so thats the one i would recomend (more about crit damage / crit rate later)

Lv 66 Shining Winds Melody (And its yellow counterpart)
~i havent +'d my bow... XD the bow is there for the proc and stats, thats how i see things anyway
~On my bow i have x2 damage stones and x1 rate stone
~"Deathly" prefix but again, "Accuracy" would work too, helping with Moli ^.^

Lv 68 Bahados Devilfish gun
~In My gun, i have x1 damage stone and x2 rate stone, with a "Deathly" prefix again (see below on why)

Crit Rate Vs Crit Damage
Sword 1
16% / 1.5%

Sword 2
16% / 1.5%

Bahados Devilfish Gun (with deathly prefix)
63% / 5%

66/70 bow (with deathly prefix and lash out3)
66% / 6.5%

accessorie 1
8% / 2%

accessorie 2
8% / 2%

cape
8% / 2%

masteries
15%

[ mastery + cape + acc 1/2 49% / 6% ]

costume 5% / 5%

combo (Speedy Scout 3-1-1-1/2)
10% / 11%-14%

DS Party Buff
0% / 5%?

All in all...
157% / 35% gun build
152% / 25.5% bow build

KEY: Crit Damage% / Crit Rate%
(300% crit damage is the cap, but your character already has 150% base crit damage sooo, anything over 150% is a waste)
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Plan Of Action
This is the part all of the preperation (all that gobbldy goup above) pays off Smile

Note
~ Prop buffs are the bomb! allong with lover buffs too!
~ you'll need to learn how to switch out and switch in to allow for easy multi proc'ing using your hot key bar
~ The Stealth trick. Before stealthing, turn your talents to "Apparation" combo (3-1-3-3), and then stealth, then Bring up your map and click where you want to go, then swich to "fast walker" combo (1-3-1-x). This (I've been told) is the fastest way to run while in stealth... apparation removes the running speed when stealthed, and the fast walker combo gives you that little push Smile
Im naming it for ease of use with the plan of action ahead XD imma name it... "Zoomer"

Right, First up, Molitda
~ from the entrance to Moli, use the "Zoomer" (seen above) to hurry you up to Moli XD Don't forget those amazing prop buffs if you have one in your party :3
~ once you arrive at Moli, you want to switch your talents from 1-3-1-x to 1-1-1-2. PSW gives you the needed hit rate when it comes down to Moli hit rate debuff
~ Dual wield the Leech Brothers! So when you're low on HP, you just need to 2-3 hit it, and you're fully healed. Maybe a couple more if the reflect proc is up - (Don't use skills if you're low on health! skills = no leeching)
~ Using the 70 sword + 60 sword when reflect is up is not recomended, i know the 70 heals the same amount as the reflect gives, but the 60 sword will kill you, trust me
~ Keep following these bullet points until you get to about 2/3 HP. This is when Moli starts stunning you, but dont worry about it. It wont be enough to kill you. just when you come round from the first stun, buff yourself up and use "Ham String" to lower her attack speed; making the stuns less often Smile
~The -CastSpeed skill wont do much because there isn't a cast time on the stun or reflect. They are both inst-a-casts
~ if you can, get that stacked poison on her! Keep that DPS on her! Even if you're stunned, you're still dealing damage Razz
~ the last few hits... Just leech them so you're ready for the squirmy bugger ahead! The DS Trolloso >.>

2nd up, Toroso
~ do the "Zoomer" combo and get to Toroso. Once you arive, switch your talents from 1-3-1-x to 1-2-1-2 AKA: Samuari. Samuari gives -30% crit damage, along with Premonition for that extra little damage reduction
~ Lv 70 Leech dualed with the Lv 60 Bodor - with an option to switch it out for the 66 leech. and bow, Keep the Lv 70 Brilliant Jade on (or the orange version) and have the Level 68 Bahados Devilfish Gun at the ready to be switched (Only switch out if you are comoftable with killing Toroso)
~ Once you're just at the top of the stairs, and that annoying partrolling ant is there, shoot Toroso from the opposite side of the ant, saying at the top of the stairs though (like a step down from the top) i like to use armour cutter for my first hit ^.^
~Step back half way through the corridor and buff up with 1 evade buff

*Note*
180-190+ buffed evade seems to be the safe spot for Toroso. Also, try and time your buffs with his buffs (yellow buff = use Speed Demon. Blue buff = use Lightening Reaction)

~ Once he gets to you, he usually buffs himself with the attack damage (yellow buff one I believe) straight away. Don't worry, it wont be easy for him to hit through your evade. And if he did, you have the damage reduction build or the legacy, so either way he wont kill you with 1 hit
~ Once you see both of his buffs down, swap in the Bahados devilfish Gun and go crazy! Keep an eye out for his buffs though. Even one hit now could put you off your stride and you'll be back at the starting point again
~ at about 2/3 HP, He just buffs more regularly. Now might be the time to stop messing around with the Bahado gun and play it safe with the bow and the Leech Brothers Razz
~ dont get too much of a big head. If you're gonna die, now is the best time for him to kill you! XD Play it safe and just leech the rest of the battle. Maybe drop a poison in here and there when his buffs are down.
Toroso dead? \o/ Congrats!

Easy Peasy Yanna Squeezy
~ honestly, Yanna is a piece of cake for physical classes (very much a pain for magic classes). Just "Zoomer" to yanna! XD
~ swap your talents from 1-3-1-x to 3-2-2-2 (high crit time >Smile )
~ now it is safe to equip the gun until Moli again. You will want the Level 70 leech + Level 60 bodor equipped, with the option to switch the Bodor and Grandelion around
~ Yanna is the easiest of them all in ACV, it will be over in under a minute. Just keep finger bashing the keyboard >.<
~ Yanna doesn't stun; just has a bit of an AoE that hurts a little. It's nothing to worry about though. Just save those charges and hit her with "Deep Sixer". Honestly, you have nothing to worry about with Yanna ^.^

Bahahahaha!
~"Zoomer" dewd. 'nuff said.
~ Baha is honestly a retard. Why? You know, that part when he turns you into a freaky looking verion of your garden gnome? He actually takes away the attack animations too, so spam dem skills. i mean seriously, spam \o/ the HP lost shouldnt be a worry ^.^
~ go for the same build as Yanna. Just get it over and done with. Baha doesn't really hit hard
~ admittingly, Baha does have the most amount of HP in the whole dungeon (or is it defence that makes him so tanky? o.0), but this makes him a bit harder than Yanna. Though, still easy :3

Well Very Happy This is the end, Cya later o/
P.S. anything i missed out? o.o
P.S.S probably some typos floating around there

Weavie ~ Ponchee ~ Lv80 ~ DS. Fazion ~ Ponchee ~ Lv4X ~ Zerk. WeavNonsense ~ Ponchee ~ Lv30 ~ Mage.
Advertisement

sababafiddle

Rank 3
sababafiddle
PostedFeb 11, 2013 11:47 pm

nice guide

xD
One note; Toro's attack that can potentially 1shot a ds is magic, if you have enough mdefense you don't have to worry about it tripling up and killing you. AKA use a four seas mdefense buff that gives the whopping 800 mdefense more. Anything over 4k mdefense is fairly safe, and over 5k is golden. Also Samurai is great for him, but I would reccomend adding Negators Instinct to Samurai to help tank the magic and to help add back evade that you lost by using Deathblow Attack. As for the evade to really make him miss a lot you need northwards of 230 evade buffed, if you cant come close to this than just make sure your mdefense is enough.

Of the sets you listed pvp set is by far the best to use, much more dps than the others and plenty of evade/tankability. The sprite set is only amazing for tanking physical damage which is a non factor for the ds class in acv.

Also you don't need +9 or any higher to easily consistently do the dungeon solo. Pvp set can be +5 and you can start soloing it with consistency by lvl 66 and up.

Personally I found Devilfish gun to be useless, since it was easy for me to cap crit rate and crit damage without the gun at 70, so there never was a reason to use the gun. I found 70 bow to be a good balance, 38 gun to be great in a pinch and if you don't have 66/70 bow you can even get away initially using an assassins finger lol. You can even use 60 sword on moli even thru reflect if you use sprite set/38 gun/sprite procs on it. Or if you want something that will really increase your dps you can use 60 bow as long as you dont mind the knockback, but you can learn to shove the bosses into a wall so they stop knocking back while you kill them.

65 sword and its orange counterpart are only useful for the runspeed unless your strictly using 70 sprite set, since you can build a samurai talent tanky setup that allows you to tank crits and still crit at a high rate yourself. Basically if you never plan to get pvp set and just gonna sprite set it than 65 sword is worth looking into if not than forget about it.

midlip

Rank 0
midlip
PostedFeb 12, 2013 12:01 am
toroso using magic makes a lot more sense for those 30k+ crits he used to hit on me XD

i havent used the 65 pvp set, but i have see a youtube clip of a 66 DS soloing with that set, and it was a pretty nippy run too!

Weavie ~ Ponchee ~ Lv80 ~ DS. Fazion ~ Ponchee ~ Lv4X ~ Zerk. WeavNonsense ~ Ponchee ~ Lv30 ~ Mage.

angelh1990

Rank 0
PostedFeb 12, 2013 12:05 am
Samurai dont work at all for me i still die alot on toro instead i used PSW 1-1-1-2 and i kill him all the dang time now without fail =]]

sababafiddle

Rank 3
sababafiddle
PostedFeb 12, 2013 12:18 am

yah

becuz
if you don't have enough evade and you switch to samurai AND you don't use negators instinct and your mdefense is under4kish, you will die plenty to Toro. Samurai is best IN combo with negator's, also if your sprite set is rerolled to Preserving or you have at least 220-230 evade buffed with samurai on. That can be tough to do with any sets that aren't pvp or GW, you can do it with sprite but you need to be well geared in that case, think good accs and Ancient stones. And if you have the 800 mdefense pot getting over 4k mdefense should be extremely easy even if you aren't forted high. In your case you HAVE to use PSW because your losing too much -damage and too much evade, you are currently lacking in the mdefense and evade department to do otherwise, which is fine if its working well than no need to try and "fix it", even so it wouldn't hurt to use Negator with PSW for the extra evade and -mcrit rate (1-1-1-3). Because if/when Toro 1skills you hes doing it with an Mcrit attack, if the skill doesn't crit it shouldn't kill you either. Assuming ofc that your not highly dependant on lash out/fatal blade for offense.

rjgrandfantasia

Rank 0
PostedFeb 25, 2013 5:26 pm

Quick Question o.0?

So, people recommmend the bow to stand a chance againts toro right?
But the bow gives -45% physical crt dmg...but u people are saying that toro's crits are magic o.0...

So how does the bow help againts toro's crts e.e...or is the bow just there for the evade?

This guide's really impressive. O/ gave me some good points esp that "zoomer" or whatever ya called it xD

/m/

Posted By Aeria Mobile

angelh1990

Rank 0
PostedFeb 25, 2013 7:24 pm
i Never die on toro with PSW! =]

Darthkiller_26

Rank 2
PostedFeb 25, 2013 7:30 pm

Re: Quick Question o.0?

rjgrandfantasia wrote:
But the bow gives -45% physical crt dmg...but u people are saying that toro's crits are magic o.0...

So how does the bow help againts toro's crts e.e...or is the bow just there for the evade?

This guide's really impressive. O/ gave me some good points esp that "zoomer" or whatever ya called it xD

/m/  

the evade i guess? o.o

Baden8572

Rank 2
Baden8572
PostedFeb 25, 2013 9:03 pm

Re: Quick Question o.0?

rjgrandfantasia wrote:

/m/  

I'm pretty sure he doesn't just do magic attacks. ._.

rjgrandfantasia

Rank 0
PostedFeb 26, 2013 4:35 pm

Another quick 1xD

What would be the safest set to use againts toro...coz I'm always on pvp set when I run ACV, but like 1 outa 5 runs, he kills me e.e
My hp with pvp set is around 16.9k and with sprite set its only 12k( that's y I'm wondering, maybe if I use sprite set with 12k hp, he'd troll the shiz outa me Q.Q)

So,any experts out there wanna help me out o.0 would be greatly appreciated o/

Posted By Aeria Mobile