misakinyan

Rank 0
PostedDec 16, 2012 2:42 pm   Last edited by misakinyan on Dec 16, 2012 2:52 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Screen flashes Black upon start up

I installed AVA on Steam, I wills tart up the game, and then a black window will pop up, but it will flash.

My video card drivers are up to date and my systems specs are VERY much able to play this.

Any help? Thanks

Here's a video to show the problem.
Advertisement

The2009RKO

GameSage: Alliance of Valiant Arms
PostedDec 16, 2012 2:51 pm
Didn't heard about this issue, try installing A.V.A. through Aeria Ignite

Then go to "Action Games", press A.V.A., Install and try to play through Aeria Ignite.

misakinyan

Rank 0
PostedDec 16, 2012 2:53 pm
I edited the post and added a video.

The2009RKO

GameSage: Alliance of Valiant Arms
PostedDec 16, 2012 3:00 pm
Ok, on Steam try this:

1: Go to Library and Right Click on A.V.A. and then Properties;

2: Click on Local Files

3: Click on "Verify integrity of game cache"

4: Wait until it's done, and try again.

misakinyan

Rank 0
PostedDec 16, 2012 3:52 pm
I ended up uninstalling the steam version for attemptiong ^That fix.

But I get the same problems from the Aeria Ignite version.

medevilgamer

Rank 0
PostedFeb 11, 2013 11:20 pm

AVA Flash Start-UP "Unofficial" Fix

This relates to the problem where AVA starts after logging in but becomes unresponsive.
First you need to locate the AVA game Config folder

[list]
[The default folder should be "C:\AeriaGames\AVA\avaGame\Config" or possibly "C:\Program Files\AeriaGames\AVA\avaGame\Config"]

Within this folder should be a file called "AVAOptionSettings.ini" (the ".ini" may not be there depending on your folder options)

Within this file should be a line called "bFullScreen=true" and we will change this to "bFullScreen=false" Save the changes and close out any open windows and start the game.

The reason why AVA has the screen issue is because sometimes with fps games, there lobby window cannot properly be played in full screen on some systems. This change will tell the game to change the lobby window from full screen to windowed mode (but do not worry, the game will play in full screen)

I have tested this fix for the past week and had found no current issues. However, if there are any further questions or concerned about this fix, feel free to contact me at "phuque2spam@yahoo.com" (btw this is my actual email lol)

BTW, you do not need to include the quotation marks ("")