GodofAcid

Rank 1
GodofAcid
PostedFeb 08, 2013 2:47 pm

Stun Talent, for better or worse..

The following is an opinion piece by me. You're free to respond and disagree, but please respect my opinion as I'll respect yours, that's all I ask.

...In my opinion it's for worse. Much worse. I feel that it's dumbed down PVP. There used to be strategy involved. Now it's just pump XP into this stupid talent and hit your Q key, else you stand no chance in PVP. I used to enjoy matching skills against other players, having it be about the route you went with your skills, of course there are many other things that go into it but that was one and it was fun. Well, when people just jack up this talent and you get stunned for 1, 2, sometimes more rounds in GA or whatever, congratulations, that aspect has been completely removed from the game by pressing one key. It took brain power to chain your skills effectively to win. It takes no brain power to press one key. Feel free to discuss.
Advertisement

andraxxusbear

Rank 0
PostedFeb 09, 2013 10:45 am

Worse thing to ever happen to the game thus far ......

Yes you read that right, it's not the "wake up at 5 in the morning to play guild battle". it's not the "super high levels not letting you get out of the battleground" the seal is much much worse. Why is that you might ask ? Well for starters it takes all the fun and logic out of the game each time I used to play against one of the stronger players I felt that at least there was some improvement but now all they do is stun.

Now don't get me wrong I know why they implemented it (to stop people from leveling too fast or at least that's what I think it is anyway) but it is quite game breaking because like the OP said all it takes is massive amounts of experience and a press of the Q button.

No need for tactics, no need for any other thing just Q+xp and pretty much every attack results in a stun, of course you will also tell me to level it up but that is besides the point no matter how much you do that the players that are much higher in level and have no real reason to save that xp for better items will always have more to spare.

Obviously there will always be stronger than each of us as I am sure that even the strongest players on this server would lose to the people on the other servers but a 3 turns stun is extreme to say the least, I'd much rather have it do a ridiculous amount of damage and stun for just 1 turn max.

At the highest level just like at the low level skipping an attack round will result in most cases in losing the fight so having a single skill be the deciding factor in the fight is indeed game breaking like I said.

I will write more on this topic but now I am a bit short on time. Hope to hear more people on this subject. ^_^

DingleMouse

Rank 0
PostedFeb 10, 2013 4:19 pm
Put it in perspective of non VIPs. Once you get to the high levels no point in playing. Non-VIPs have a hard time keeping up with xp and now they get stunned every battle for 1 to 3 turns. Otherwise non-VIPs spend days leveling Holy Seal thus falling way behind in levels. Either way not having a VIP is now very crippling. I think this will cause non P2P people to leave. This will become more obvious once the new BG is released with 1.5 update.

Holy Seal works too well when the level difference is great between players. This decides battles. I do not mind seeing something to slow down leveling, but this is a horrible choice. Holy Seal should not be a in an attack & stun. I think it should be unique passive ability to each class ability, only used for increasing talents, or an increase in luck/drop rate for all items.

Battles are pretty much the same now. Everyone with a decent level of Holy Seal spamming it.

I think Holy Seal should be changed.

herotoya

Rank 0
herotoya
PostedFeb 11, 2013 10:26 am
Holy seal does in a way bring something new to knights especially going against our arch enemy class - the mage. Before this knight need to plow their way thru enemy troops before can land a hit on oppoenent mage, while the mage pound us w/ barrage of aoe atk. And if we r more unlucky, the mage single atk also directly hit us instead of the troop.
Archers also have atk that can randomly hit any target, sometime bypassing the troops to hit straight to main char. But theres no such option for knight.

Yes we can start w/ ultimate slasher n pray that it will targeted the main char but w/ holy seal it make it a confirm target. Else we need to hack n slash thru enemy troops 1st and hopefully when we reach the main, we still have enough hp to kill them lol. Yes we have shield but it wont last long specially in high lvl pvp.

I think holy seal also does make ppl rethink their strategies - fast lvl to get new skill point is good but also risking getting stun in pvp; too much xp spent on talent making lvling slow n missing important skill... theres always a pros n cons to it.

Imo, it does give some advantage in a way but not totally OP.

Just my 1 n 1/2 cents Laughing

GoodNameTaken

Rank 2
PostedFeb 26, 2013 10:08 am
Yah stun pretty much made the pvp STUPID friendly.

We pretty much got used to living with 1 hit kills from Some people.
They paid for it might as well accept it (with out them spending $$$ the game prob wont be here).

But now stun gets dropped in - pretty much stagnating people at various lvls above 50 to max this out to even have a chance to do anything pvp wise.

PvP has pretty much turned into Q fest.

It has basically took any form of thinking and skill to chain together what skills you got to win a fight, really DUMBED down the skill lvl of this game.
Even an untrained monkey can spam the Q button.

And since you are forced to lvl this talent up to 15 just to lvl other talents again makes it pretty much game breaking.

mpmd23

Rank 0
mpmd23
PostedFeb 26, 2013 2:53 pm

/ agree the stun skill thing is messing up the game makeing it no fun to even fight in battle grounds or in guild wars since they can just stand thier and stun you to death because stun dose damage as well GM"S or PGM"S either nerff this skill or take it out of game all togeather it is one of the things that is messing up the game .

Sine_Amore

Rank 3
Sine_Amore
PostedFeb 26, 2013 3:11 pm

Re: Stun Talent, for better or worse..

mpmd23 wrote:
/ agree the stun skill thing is messing up the game makeing it no fun to even fight in battle grounds or in guild wars since they can just stand thier and stun you to death because stun dose damage as well GM"S or PGM"S either nerff this skill or take it out of game all togeather it is one of the things that is messing up the game .  

I feel I must point out that Aeria Games GMs, PMs, nor any other staff have the ability to alter the game. That responsibility is strictly up to the Developers of Wartune. However, if you all add your idea/suggestions/comments to the Wartune Suggestion Thread, they can read it and pass it on to the Devs. (:

mpmd23

Rank 0
mpmd23
PostedFeb 26, 2013 3:15 pm

Re: Stun Talent, for better or worse..

Sine_Amore wrote:
mpmd23 wrote:

I feel I must point out that Aeria Games GMs, PMs, nor any other staff have the ability to alter the game. That responsibility is strictly up to the Developers of Wartune. However, if you all add your idea/suggestions/comments to the Wartune Suggestion Thread, they can read it and pass it on to the Devs. (:  
will do thank you for the info

GodofAcid

Rank 1
GodofAcid
PostedFeb 26, 2013 7:28 pm
Just for the record, I made this thread merely to discuss opinions on this Smile I was interested in where the community stood on the topic. I actually did post my opinion in the suggestion thread as well. I didn't make this thread expecting any kind of game changing consideration to come from it Smile I'd also encourage people to post their opinions in the suggestion thread if you have suggestions to tweak the talent system.

DingleMouse

Rank 0
PostedFeb 27, 2013 2:47 pm
Since playing all I see is stun. The only people that get frustrated are the ones being stunned. Pretty easy to see who has a high level of stun among the top 100 level players. Seems lots of people have been level 65 for a few weeks. Level 65 to 70 M Dungeon is near impossible.

I have seen a few battles where a person is stunned the entire round. What fun to not do anything.

The talents should be reworked. Level 1 is huge jump and level 2 is a joke increase. Might as well max out Holy Seal after getting a few level 1s.

Stun strategy: (Really not much of one)
Arena -> Attack then stun. Stunning first takes too long to use.
Everything else -> Stun then attack. Can stun the player very easily first when vs the computer.