nightbringer09

Rank 4
nightbringer09
PostedFeb 09, 2013 5:29 am

Launcher won't work

Not sure whats going on here, but on 7/2/13 i went on the launcher and it has a really long download (not sure what its for as i couldn't find anything on it) and when it gets near to the end it says 'http cannot connect' I've had this problem before a few years ago as norton wasn't working properly then so i uninstalled it and re installed but this time it isn't broken, I've put eden eternal on my allow list completely and I've sent a support ticket which didn't work as the fullcheck file didn't want to work. I have tried the forum post for this problem before and it didn't work so i didn't do it now as i dont think it will work again. Does anyone know whats wrong with it.
Advertisement

Gahloman

Rank 0
Gahloman
PostedFeb 09, 2013 11:29 am
1. Just to clear it up, you said you originally had the "Http Cannot Connect" issue a few years ago and as of now you're having it again? The day in mention was the day after maintenance (for most people depending on where you're located), so that's what the Launcher's loading would have been. However, the game has come a long way since it was released, so the main fix here is still the main fix for the issue. It only takes a few minutes to try.

2. Did you uninstall and reinstall from the same link? I would suggest trying a mirror if you haven't to try something new.

3. Did you use the Fullcheck on the launcher? That Fullcheck is usually unreliable, as there is a better one in your C:/AeriaGames/EdenEternal folder as fullcheck.bat that works much better.

If none of those work, the best thing you can do is work with Aeria by following up on that ticket in hopes that they can resolve the issue, as those are the main fixes. Though if anyone knows anything else, they'll give some input.

nightbringer09

Rank 4
nightbringer09
PostedFeb 10, 2013 7:38 am
Would turning off norton when I'm playing on it work, as I've tried all the others things you listed

Posted By Aeria Mobile

Merushii

Rank 3
Merushii
PostedFeb 10, 2013 8:10 am
nightbringer09 wrote:
Would turning off norton when I'm playing on it work, as I've tried all the others things you listed  

That may help. Try turning off Norton and see if it works. If it does not, I'll hand you a link to a freshly updated installation. ^_^

nightbringer09

Rank 4
nightbringer09
PostedFeb 10, 2013 11:41 am
It turns out that i can't disable it or there is nothing on it, but apparently i can delete the files on the allow list and this is where i went: norton > settings > program control, would I have to delete the launcher off of it or are there any other files to delete off the list. I have deleted the launcher but still get the massive and annoying download, did this download appear on 7/2/13 or is it something annoying.

sleepingroosje

Rank 4
sleepingroosje
PostedFeb 10, 2013 12:56 pm
did you try the stuff in the HTTP cant connect thread? (link)

might be a different issue you are experiencing now then before.

nightbringer09

Rank 4
nightbringer09
PostedFeb 10, 2013 1:02 pm
a gs told me that the site downloader is outdated which is why there is a massive download so im gonna download it from bnb