kastrum

Rank 0
PostedFeb 07, 2013 8:26 pm

Priest Skills Question

Hi Game Sages,

I'm a lvl 81 Scion priest on S2. I want some guidance with selecting priest skills and armor. First off, I'm a hybrid priest. I use Master Blood Beam and Curses from Blood. I use Light Heal, Heavenly Protection and the Buffs for Holy. All my points go to INT right now. Here are my questions:

1. If I choose Holy Skills for Attack, should I put points to Intellect?
2. If I choose Blood Skills for Attack, should I put points to Endurance?
3. There are two types of armors for Priests, Savior and Saint. Is the Savior for Blood Priests, and the Saints for Holy Priests?
4. An eidolon priest told me that the Blood Priest skills (scion and eidolon skills) are bugged? Is this true?
5. Should a Blood Priest (Master Blood Beam) increase their HP for greater attack or increase MATK? (I am referring to adding Gems)
6. Can someone explain the skills: Demon's Grasp and Sacrifice? What do you mean by "Channelling skill"?
7. I can understand how Holy Priests need Casting Speed increases, but what about Blood priests? Master Blood Beam has zero casting time. Does Attack Speed increases help a Blood Priest?

Thanks in advance for your answers.
Advertisement

sdsdssdsds

Rank 3
PostedFeb 07, 2013 9:26 pm

Re: Priest Skills Question

kastrum wrote:
Hi Game Sages,

I'm a lvl 81 Scion priest on S2. I want some guidance with selecting priest skills and armor. First off, I'm a hybrid priest. I use Master Blood Beam and Curses from Blood. I use Light Heal, Heavenly Protection and the Buffs for Holy. All my points go to INT right now. Here are my questions:

1. If I choose Holy Skills for Attack, should I put points to Intellect?
2. If I choose Blood Skills for Attack, should I put points to Endurance?
3. There are two types of armors for Priests, Savior and Saint. Is the Savior for Blood Priests, and the Saints for Holy Priests?
4. An eidolon priest told me that the Blood Priest skills (scion and eidolon skills) are bugged? Is this true?
5. Should a Blood Priest (Master Blood Beam) increase their HP for greater attack or increase MATK? (I am referring to adding Gems)
6. Can someone explain the skills: Demon's Grasp and Sacrifice? What do you mean by "Channelling skill"?
7. I can understand how Holy Priests need Casting Speed increases, but what about Blood priests? Master Blood Beam has zero casting time. Does Attack Speed increases help a Blood Priest?

Thanks in advance for your answers.  

I'll answer this best as i can since I'm a lvl 89 scion priest on s3, but I don't know everything so answers may vary depending if other people respond to this thread.
1)yes
2) From what i've seen int beats end in damage scaling no matter what.
3). From what i've seen in game not entirely, but again other players prefer one thing over another. If you are Grand Duke honor ranking by chance I suggest getting purple slayer as that armor is way better.
4). Certain ones are yes *don't remember exactly* but i heard one skill was taken out of the game.
5) still would say MATK in this case.
6) Not sure as of yet. Don't have those skills, but possibly can take a look into it
7)I don't think it neccesarily helps in any way for blood. Mainly people have stated higher casting speeds regarding holy priests.

astralkid0114

Rank 1
astralkid0114
PostedFeb 09, 2013 1:36 am
"A channeled skill is a skill with a long casting duration that constantly applies some effect while it is being cast, rather than causing that effect at the end of its cast as normal skills do. Every time a player channeling a skill is hit, the spell loses some of its total duration, so that a character under heavy and rapid attack that begins a channeled skill may find its effective duration reduced to practically nothing. Stunning a player in any way while they are channeling a skill instantly ends the channeling without restoring the skill's cooldown. "

from http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Channeled_Skill

couldn't have said better myself. if you've ever played mmorpg games before, you'll know what they are talking about. DotA has tons of channeling skills.. though an atk/stun etc will interrupt it there. Not sure about here.

INT/MATK i agree
slayers also agree

sacrifice - does magic damage to a single enemy target. restores of portion of damage done as health to the caster. (60% damage as hp lv1)
so if you do 1k damage, ull get 600hp back. 10k dmg, ull get 6k hp back.

demons grasp - channeling skill. stuns target for a short period of time during channeling. lasts 4seconds.
so this you will stun a target while you are channeling this skill. a good way to think of channeling is 'using'. if i throw a bucket of water at you, thats just a skill. if i continuously spray you with a water hose for 4 seconds, thats channeling. i can cancel the water at any time. if you tie a knot (aka stun) in the hose, it will also stop. you can move as well to stop channeling. basically you and ur target are both 'stunned' persay for that 4 seconds, but you can do something about it, they cant. once u do anything else, the channeling stops.

i hope this helped. im not a priest but i have exp[erience with mmorpgs. anything you dont understand lemme know ill try to explain better xD

n.pizzey

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
n.pizzey
PostedSep 18, 2013 11:40 am
Would help if i could mate Very Happy