CalvinHew

Rank 0
CalvinHew
PostedFeb 02, 2013 9:28 pm

Blade dancer help?

Okay so I'm just about to get BD, Lv 49 ATM and I've been looking around for builds. It's clear that bd should have really high EVA & I understand that. But can someone give me a list of recommended items(armor etc)/trophies/certificates that can help get my EVA to 75%+
I know there is a boost in EVA using a kp talent.
I'm just worried because my knights EVA is horrible ._. So yeah please help me out ><

Posted By Aeria Mobile
Advertisement

katashi65

Rank 3
katashi65
PostedFeb 02, 2013 9:38 pm
At your level, the Secret Claw set is amazing. Shadow Lacerater is good Eva proc Dagger you can use offhand for more Eva. Thief's Agility certificate seems to provide a lot of Eva, but you can also choose among Eva certs from Knight, Bard, Illusionist, and Thief again. You don't have to use them all since what's Eva without a little power behind it, eh? Try using the cert combo bonus with 2 melee dps certs for +2% Agi. It's a small boost, but every bit helps especially if you have high base Agi from gear (such as by using the Secret Claw set).

I can't think of any significant trophies, so you might want to go with dps for the moment. See how far getting Secret Claw and enchanting it will get you; don't gem it unless you're serious about using it for a long time.

By the way, using a shield helps a lot, too. Closer to endgame, Block becomes much more reliable than Eva for PvP due to players being decked out with pretty high Accuracy. However, Eva is adequate for soloing and such, especially before level 60.

CalvinHew

Rank 0
CalvinHew
PostedFeb 02, 2013 10:23 pm
Wow thanks for such a quick & helpful reply! It means a lot ^^
I'm thinking of investing for a secret claw set but how long do you think that'll last me for? Like during what level will it become ineffective/less useful. Or is the EVA boost good enough to last a while? I think I might be underestimating how good the armor set is >< I'm guessing it really does increase the EVA by a lot?

Okay so do you think I should get the +8% EVA certs or do you think +4% should be enough for now?
Because my knight, illusionist don't have their +8% yet. Do you think it is worth leveling them up?
& can you give me an idea of what certs to use :S like STR? Because most of the builds I find have a bunch of EVA certs but I think they're outdated.
Thanks again for all the help

Posted By Aeria Mobile

katashi65

Rank 3
katashi65
PostedFeb 02, 2013 11:20 pm
It really depends on you what you like. The Secret Claw set is really good for Eva, but you sacrifice a lot of power. Later on, it gets easier to balance damage and Eva. At level 60, the Cruel Peryn set is a definite upgrade from Secret claw, but the 53-55 set can be skipped over if you treat the Secret Claw set well (gems, enchants, and fortifications, though fortification is extremely expensive these days, and especially so for fame sets). The Secret Claw set is a fame set, so fortifications cost more than ten times as much as normal crafted armor. It's good, but expensive.

+8% Eva certs are really helpful, so I suggest at least leveling Knight for it (Illusionist is much harder to level for non-magic users and you might not use all the Eva certificates). As for a certificate layout, one made for Eva might look like:
[Agi] [Eva] <-- Thief/Thief
[Str] [Crit Rate] <-- Martial Artist/Blade Dancer
____[Double Hit] [Crit Dmg] <--- Thief/Hunter
____[Eva] [Eva] <--- Knight/Bard

mrdolphin

Rank 2
PostedFeb 02, 2013 11:22 pm
You may want to consider your damage output. Eva is nice and all, but BD is still a DPS class. In a party setting, a low eva BD with high damage output is still more valuable than an eva BD with low damage since mobs die faster. This holds especially true for OP parties. Though if you have a group of friends, this may not really apply to you.

Looking ahead, if your goal is to be an Eva first BD, the fame Eva/Attack speed (not sure if Secret Claw is eva/attack speed, not logged on atm xD) is probably the better choice. I believe it has the highest base agility out of the LAs. For weapons, highly consider using a combination of the Awakened Sword (or purple sword) + Awakened Dagger. Awakened dagger has an agility proc and more important a 25% triple hit proc (on normal hits). Awakened Sword gives a lot of Crit Dmg (which you could be lacking due to the armor set you've chosen) and gives a slash debuff on mobs when proc'd. The dagger suits both your offensive (attack speed) and defensive (eva) purposes.

Gem wise, I'd probably go for agi ultimate speed (many use agi plus, but you get more bang for the buck with agi ultimate speed in regards to attack speed). If going with the attack speed/eva set, your attack speed will be really really good and you can abuse Awakened Dagger this way. BD AoE's have a cooldown between spamming, so what you cant kill from doing AoE's you can quickly dispose. This also means your damage at bosses will be a bit decent. Enchantment, go full eva on everything (besides legs which gale is better). Your attack speed should be fine, unless you want to save the enchantments to add some crit rate into your build.

Accessory/trophy wise, don't focus all on Eva if with the ideal gear you've reach max anyways. Try to smooth out your build, probably having crit rate/luck procs instead. There are quite a few crit rate procs to choose from (magnetic ring, king strike/journey, lunar reflect, trophies) at end game, so mix and match and see what makes you feel comfortable.

KP wise, you may stretch it out a bit. I wouldn't invest everything in Eva, at most 10 levels into it. Your build will lack crit rate severely if going the above. You may want to consider putting points into sword mastery to get your base attack up, the KP for the 2 AoE moves, etc.

Cert wise, you would have to see just how much base eva you already have + what procs will you be using. Using 4 orange certs gives a nice 8% weapon increase which helps (plus 2 of the available certs are agi and eva certs). The remaining 3 can be attack speed, eva, or crit rate cert.

I've never made an eva character so a lot is speculation and from lacking crit rate. The ideal solution is luck/agi/attack speed/crit dmg/crit rate fortification bonus on every armor piece and all your problems are solved, but I'll say that won't be feasible.

Lvl 7X <br> Warrior(DPS)/Thief/MA/BD/Samurai/Ranger/Engi <br> <a>YT channel</a>

RayAles

Rank 0
PostedFeb 03, 2013 6:46 am
Just gonna put it out there; the fame sets all have higher luck stats than crafted armours.

Anyway at lvl 50 onwards AGI/EVA gear becomes more common; so if you think you lacking in the EVA apartment then there are the lvl 50 daggers (which katashi mentioned) which if you wish to solo Delphi mobs to lvl are nice with heal rings i.e. PSR, FDR and hurricane ring.

At lvl 60 there are the orange and yellow sword which give 417 eva each when proced.

As for your knight: which armour r you using? If you aren't already and you want high eva the fame armour is really nice (fame armour is expensive but nice Very Happy)

Just to show you what stats you can expect with secret claw:
[img][/img]
This is with secret claw set no gems and no buffs ... 15 kp into eva, 10 into agi and all eva and agi certs ... and it being a thief because im not lvling any time soon but it is useful for soloin dungeons and beating guild bosses (just got sebaster's trophy!)

You can always switch your certificates around when you start and change them depending on your situation.

criss8427

Rank 2
criss8427
PostedFeb 06, 2013 5:19 am
If you are going EVA, use attacker trophy enchants because those give more of an EVA boost as well as P-ATK and Crit Rate. You can also get some glyphs to boost your base EVA. Some include:

-Song of Patience (BD) Lv.55
-Defender's Strength (MA) Must be lv.50
-Cruel Slashes (Thief)
-Fearless (Knight)
-Flash Bomb (Hunter)
-Aerolite (Illu) Lv.50
-Extreme Magic (Mage)

I pointed out glyphs in your level requirement or close to your level.

With an EVA build using AGI Ultimate Speed Gems would fit that build however I would see your EVA after enchanting your armor and getting your EVA set, equipment. glyphs, and certs. Attack speed is not too hard to cap as you level so you may be able to use luck fatals in your armor set to boost your crit and put Agi ultimate speed gems in your weapons. Depends on what your final EVA stat is.

CalvinHew

Rank 0
CalvinHew
PostedFeb 07, 2013 6:13 pm
Thanks for the help everyone. You've all been really helpful & I appreciate it Smile so I've been spending the last week grinding venin & others to save up money for aven fame. I honestly didn't know it'd take sooooo much to get it to 2k. & I've only got 3/5 of the secret claw set since I can't find any more material for the nature seeker fame ._. My eva is only just above 40% but it is much better than before... I know it'll probably increase more when I complete the armor set. It took me 10+ armor boxes to get the brigidane which i bought from auction. I got the PSR & that cost so much too. I think I've spent around 2000g already xD including the fame materials
So do you think I need the 8% certs? My thief and knight are at 35 so it'll take forever to Lv them up & I'm in an awkward timezone where arena is either on during school or midnight :/
I put most of my kp into EVA and AGI so far as well. & I've not even looked at enchants yet since I have next to 0g.
& in terms of trophy, I managed to claim the kenny's smbefore anyone else from ulta but some ******* ninja'd it & no one in my party even cared. I ninja'd the guy's trophy from gamera & everyone started to block/report me to peer ._. But I really wanted the black flame stone...
Any more recommendations for weapons? I doubt I can get the dagger from ulta now ._. But any swords that are decent (lv50-55?) I know the awakened weapons are good but that'll take up a lot of money & I'm not high level enough yet. I'm not sure what to use before I can access them.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

CalvinHew

Rank 0
CalvinHew
PostedFeb 07, 2013 6:14 pm
& I don't really plan to use my knight further so it doesn't have any fancy eva armor xD
So far BD is really good, been soloing dungeons much easier, especially with PSR!

Posted By Aeria Mobile

manu005

Rank 0
manu005
PostedFeb 08, 2013 9:26 am
you must think if you really want to go to a full eva type or try Eva with dmg , coz its easy to achieve a full eva BD but then you'll go feel the less killing ability that a BD must have