RollaR_50248

Rank 2
RollaR_50248
PostedFeb 06, 2013 4:13 pm
GoodNameTaken wrote:

yes we all agree the lvl limits of wild however yoru trying to compare apples to lead pipes
The rewards from bg vastly differ and effect the game more then the handful of gold and few kyn u get from wilds.

As far as a chore lol spoken by someone who fully does what being discussed.

You are given what 3-5 minutes (BG is usually way to late for me to do but 1 day a week) of wait before the match even begins. Am quite sure everyone checks who they vs. and got more then enough time to check out the opponents before things start moving.

can pretty much bet the farm when in BG you NEVER challange anyone your level, u single out those many many many levels below you. Cause you dont want COMPETITION.  

No what I'm talking about is a game principle. As a game principal, you CAN farm people 10 levels +/-. As a game principal mobs 10 levels +/- count towards quests, as a game principal you get exp from dungeons until you're 10levels over the dungeon level. If the devs thought this was inappropriate they would not have the bg tiers as every 10 levels they would cut it shorter to 5 levels.

With the new 1.5 patch there will be 10 bg held throughout the day, had a bad bg? guess what, you can leave and wait for the next one to get your honor there.

As for bg itself, I usually do 1 bg a week (2 max if I don't fall asleep) since bg is at 5am for me. But if you mean, do I go round attacking Euphoric, Lord Tri or Sithlord? Answer is no, for same reason that you wouldn't attack me. I'm not so stupid to start a fight I know I can't win. Do I go round attacking Horic, Madacidman or Anankhimel? again no because as I said already I try NOT to attack guildies unless I am low on hp and would rather they get honor from me instead of a non-guildie. Do I attack other high levels? Lelander, PrincessTT, AngryNoob, IronStar when he played? yes, if they are there however many of them no longer do bg or do not appear in my bg. But I am not going to wait the whole bg for when they are free and attack only them. Do not claim to know something about me when you clearly do not.

I try to play fair, I try not to single out any one player too many times and I try to let people get carts first before I attack them. If I feel like I've attacked one person too many times I apologise. But that is because we have both been put in an undesirable situation. Will I be doing that with the new bg set up? Probably not, since in my honest opinion I think the 10 levels gap for those if entirely fair and appropriate and everyone will have more opportunity to gain honor. And yes I am all for the new changes being proposed, I am actually looking forward to finally being able to actually do bg for a change.

Further, what is being proposed doesn't affect me, since I am level 65 and will be for some time as I am planning to max my talents for my level before I move on, this puts me in +/- 5 for both ends of my bg tier. I was making and justifying an observation.

Be realistic, this game has pvp elements, which means you will almost inevitably meet people who are much stronger than you in a fight. This will happen in wilds, bg, gw, arena, party arena etc. Without limiting bg to being everyone the same level you will always meet people several levels higher than you at some point. For now you might be the low end of your level grade but later you will be the high end. It works both ways.

Irrespective of that, I am against bullying in bg, no one should be singled out as an attack victim repeatedly by a single other player, which is why I thought having a limit on attacks per player might be nice, but I doubt will be implemented for all sorts of reasons.
Advertisement

tswamp

Rank 0
PostedFeb 07, 2013 1:35 am
LOL I didn't mean to stir up so much stuff. It seems I'm not the only one dealing with this issue. But I do like the 10 tiers for each battle ground. That would be nice. Or here is another suggestion. The more a Player hit's the same player they get less honor everytime they win.
Untill they get 0 honor everytime they kill the other player. That way if they want to get the kills and the star points it won't affect them. Because I no alot of the bigger players want the honor. And if it's an easy kill Y wouldn't they attack way smaller players. But for singling them out. That is why I think if you give them less honor the more they kill the singled out player they would go try and find someone else.

Euphoric77

Rank 0
PostedFeb 07, 2013 2:10 am
tswamp wrote:
LOL I didn't mean to stir up so much stuff. It seems I'm not the only one dealing with this issue. But I do like the 10 tiers for each battle ground. That would be nice. Or here is another suggestion. The more a Player hit's the same player they get less honor everytime they win.
Untill they get 0 honor everytime they kill the other player. That way if they want to get the kills and the star points it won't affect them. Because I no alot of the bigger players want the honor. And if it's an easy kill Y wouldn't they attack way smaller players. But for singling them out. That is why I think if you give them less honor the more they kill the singled out player they would go try and find someone else.  

I do love the fact though that you start this thread with bringing up that you have read a lot about BG. Apparently you have not since it has been rather common knowledge that the new tier range and cross server BG would come for quite some time.

Either way I agree fully with RollaR here - personally I try to get the BG honorbuildup over with as quickly as possible so that after I am done farming honor I can either go and grab carts or help my Team from being bullied.

Either way as RollaR says in PVP there will always be stronger players and with the new tiers coming rest assured that a lot of players (including myself) will get slapped around the batleground - It is part of the game and it's part of the pay-2-win system in the end. Those who drop money into the game will simply be stronger on the short run, those who don't will have to have a lot of patience.

Also the people not levelling up to be the strong ones in their tier, will most likely be slapped around as soon as they decide to proceed to the next one - a stronger medaillion will not help them that much at that time.

RollaR_50248

Rank 2
RollaR_50248
PostedFeb 07, 2013 2:24 am
tswamp wrote:

This is actually a not too bad idea but again hard to implement. No doubt people will complain that honor decrease isn't fast enough or maybe too fast lol.

To be honest I don't know why losers (when they have been attacked, not when they attack) in a bg fight don't get honor too. Obviously it would be less than the player who wins but some token amount of honor (say 5) that would make being attacked more palatable. I am pretty sure that fewer people would afk during a battle or complain about facing stronger players if they had minimal rewards for each individual fight not just the end of battle rewards which require no participation other than just turning up.

Also have some way to reduce the honor loss for higher ranks other than through VIP would be nice. Not everyone can afford to spend enough to reach those levels of VIP that reduce or cancel honor loss, maybe such as a scroll that can be bought in shop or only be found in battleground chests but is rare.

I am not optimistic about any changes being implemented, the change to bg format is a big one and will deal with most grievances, but hopefully people will feel better about bg even if it is not perfect.

GodofAcid

Rank 1
GodofAcid
PostedFeb 07, 2013 2:33 am
RollaR_50248 wrote:
Also have some way to reduce the honor loss for higher ranks other than through VIP would be nice. Not everyone can afford to spend enough to reach those levels of VIP that reduce or cancel honor loss, maybe such as a scroll that can be bought in shop or only be found in battleground chests but is rare.  

This right here. See once you hit Sader, you have two choices really.. unless you're Euph or Tri and don't really have to worry about being killed

1. Bully the living heck (the other word was censored? wow) out of lower levels, many would do this anyway
2. If you have a problem with 1, well you're sorta screwed. Now that lower levels will sacrifice themselves 4 or 5 times and then gun for you to take 400 honor off you.. what exactly are you supposed to do?

Forget trying to cart in many cases. You're usually either picked on by someone higher level than you, and in many situations like Roo brought up, people will single you out just to be jerks (and I'm such an advocate against this disgraceful behavior) or those lower level dryad individuals will be gunning for you so they can gloat that they took you down and took 400 honor from you. I mean add this all up and you can see why many people don't bother with BG and the frustration that comes with it.

ToBeFeared

Rank 4
ToBeFeared
PostedFeb 07, 2013 8:52 am
RollaR_50248 wrote:

I already said this, you can plunder people +/- 10 levels in wild so when new bg comes out this shouldn't be any different, and should not be limited more.  

You were right when you mentioned this the first time, I just misunderstood what you said.

RollaR_50248 wrote:
as a game principal you get exp from dungeons until you're 10levels over the dungeon level. If the devs thought this was inappropriate they would not have the bg tiers as every 10 levels they would cut it shorter to 5 levels.

I don't believe this is accurate though. Once you lvl out of the dungeon, you will no longer get exp. It doesn't have to be 10 levels over the dungeon. I was lvl 48 and I was not getting any exp in Void (40-45).

As for changing the BG instances to 5 level intervals rather than 10 level intervals, I do not agree. Yes you will die a lot faster and you have the potential to be picked on if you are on the lower end of the spectrum, however, this should motivate and give the incentive to level to the higher end of the spectrum rather than comfortably attempt to PvP against those that have put forth more effort than you.

Love what you do and do what you love.