ch21001 wrote:
whoiskangaru wrote:
ch21001 wrote:
whoiskangaru wrote:
check to see what you have set as your default video device in the bios  

How? lawl  
googel

also plug in the sata power plug on the disk drive  

The SATA power plug was plugged in. The optical drive turns on but it does not eject (turns green).  
gg
idk

paperclip?  

Just managed to do that Very Happy thanks, but do you know if the Video card is supposed to be like that until i install the drivers or is the gpu not being recognizeD?  
gpu not being recognized

find the option in the bios to autoselect video output. it should use the graphics card if it's plugged in.  

thanks ill try it now
EDIT: It's already set as default. PCI_E as primary Graphics Adapter. Not sure what's wrong.  
reseat. don't use a molex>6pin adapter, use the 6pin that came with your psu  

Will do, thanks. Ill let you know what happens, appreciate the help kang  
gpu might be dead

if you have a 2nd x16 slot on your motherboard, use that  

Don't think it's dead because i kept myself grounded the whole time, even kept a piece of metal from another computer case under my foot. Also, i have another wire connected to my PSU (not manually connected, pre-connected) and i have no where to place it. It's two 4 pins connected on 1 wire.

EDIT: GPU fan is also working.
Advertisement

sumaniv

Rank 1
sumaniv
PostedFeb 06, 2013 10:17 pm
if windows is not installed yet some things might not detect.
plug out everything except your SSD/HDD and install your oss, connect only 1 sata cable 1st, after installing drivers, connect the rest of the cables. also install all the drivers for the gpu/ motherboard / and everything else along with audio.

nothing is dead just make sure all the wires are properly inserted and make sure you hear a clip. also make sure ur using all the cables from your power supply

make sure these are plugged into your mo/bo

8-pin
24-pin

in the graphics card make sure you have the PCI Express connecters put in.
as for the extra cables put them back in the power supply box.

and keep all ur boxes and packaging in case u need to call in warranty or RMA

also please push all the cables behind the gromits and do some nice cable management. -.-

sumaniv

Rank 1
sumaniv
PostedFeb 06, 2013 10:21 pm
also do the following

take out the graphics card, optical drives and any other hard drives (except the drive your installing your OS on)

turn on the computer with the built in graphics.

make sure the ram is put in

make sure all the front panel connections and rest of your connections are properly installed
you should hear a click for some of them

also make sure in the BIOS for the mo/bo all the SATA ports are enabled and are put into AHCI mode

it should say SATA Controller [Enabled] SATA Mode [AHCI]

sumaniv

Rank 1
sumaniv
PostedFeb 06, 2013 10:25 pm
also all the cables should be routed bh the case like this, the tidier you keep it the cooler and longer the components will last/stay.

also use the 6-Pin PCI Express Connecter from the Power Supply Unit to power the Graphics card.

the one your currently using is Molex to PCI

its better to use it directly from the PSU.

4DD1

Rank 2
4DD1
PostedFeb 06, 2013 10:57 pm
I would suggest you go to tomshardware they have some really helpfull tips and have answers for like every computer problem. There website helped me out alot when i built my first gaming rig and i had tons of problems.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

TheNerd_

Rank 0
PostedFeb 06, 2013 11:18 pm
Make sure you have the most up-to-date Bios for that board on their site they say it's V 1.30 because for that CPU they say you need the Bios V 1.20. I saw similar problems with other boards in the past that have problems with the new CPU's and their Bios.

Make sure you have the PCIE switch in the bios set to 3.0 it is supposed to do it automatically but sometimes it doesn’t.

And I wouldn't bother using the IRST driver that’s only used in RAID and can make some HDD's disappear/not detected.

Intel i7-2600K, Gskill 16GB (2 x 8GB) 1600Mhz, Samsung 830 500 GB SSD, WD 500 green HDD, EVGA GeForce GTX 460 SSC+ In SLI, Asus P8Z68-V PRO/3GEN, Cool Master Half X Case, ThermalTake Grand 1200, Win 7 x64

ch21001

Rank 0
PostedFeb 07, 2013 1:36 pm
Thank you everyone, when i install my OS (need to get a DVD to burn it on first) I will let you know the results.

sumaniv wrote:
if windows is not installed yet some things might not detect.
plug out everything except your SSD/HDD and install your oss, connect only 1 sata cable 1st, after installing drivers, connect the rest of the cables. also install all the drivers for the gpu/ motherboard / and everything else along with audio.

nothing is dead just make sure all the wires are properly inserted and make sure you hear a clip. also make sure ur using all the cables from your power supply

make sure these are plugged into your mo/bo

8-pin
24-pin

in the graphics card make sure you have the PCI Express connecters put in.
as for the extra cables put them back in the power supply box.

and keep all ur boxes and packaging in case u need to call in warranty or RMA

also please push all the cables behind the gromits and do some nice cable management. -.-  

Cables are really hard to push behind because the case does not allow it in some places and it does not have the best cable management because it's only a 35$ case Razz Thanks for the suggestions though, also i'm now currently using PSU PCI-E directly to the GPU, still not detected. Maybe I just need to install OS.

R.I.P Zyzz, Forever Mirin' Check out my Youtube Channel Here

AgnosticM4

Rank 4
AgnosticM4
PostedFeb 07, 2013 2:37 pm
DontCaeria wrote:
Wayzata wrote:
WOW!
your pc sure looks way cleaner than mine..

Woah you have two AMD Spider cards?  

Removes all system bugs.

.Pois0n.

Rank 4
.Pois0n.
PostedFeb 07, 2013 5:02 pm
AgnosticM4 wrote:
DontCaeria wrote:
Wayzata wrote:
WOW!
your pc sure looks way cleaner than mine..

Woah you have two AMD Spider cards?  

Removes all system bugs.  

Hue

<marquee>huh</marquee>