broken415

GameSage: Aura Kingdom
broken415
PostedJan 23, 2013 7:06 pm

Rogue stat/skill build

Trying to find out what stats/skills is for a pro rogue!
Hi guys! ^^ I just recently started playing Crystal Saga, and I was wondering on what is the best build for a rogue for both stats and skills. So far I put all my stats on strength. As for my skills, i just maxed out slayer speed. I'm not sure on whether to put my skill points on shadow or combat. I would like to be good on both pvp/pve. Any feedback would be most appreciated! Very Happy

IGN: GS_Kira Server: Siren Class: Brawler/GS
Advertisement

mccool_2012

Rank 0
mccool_2012
PostedJan 24, 2013 5:51 am
if you're going shadow, then 1 str, 2 agi... occasionally a point in end. Max stealth, stun and crit, hit and dodge passives, and the attack which stealths you( I cant remember the names) Otherwise, my attack skills are pretty limited, but I still pwn in seng... if youre on S3, contact Stadanko in game, and I can better explain lol

luan200

Rank 0
luan200
PostedJan 24, 2013 8:45 am
Get ready for nerdy suggestion. Razz

Stats distribution? Full agi all the way. Need PATK? get that from gear, wep, wings and most important SOUL. Start it early, get to L5 ice fast to unlock Brilliance (red soul) and start pumping those attack stats. Donot divide the stats you gain from levelling, it should only belong to agility. Why? because agility increases critical, dodge and hit ratings...all very very important to rogue, since if you dont crit, your damage will be really low ( us rogues hits 2x, our damage is halved), if you cant hit ppl you cant kill em..and dodge....needless to say anymore.

Skills, till 50 stay shadow, increases survivability in seng and dungeons. Since your stats are agi based, you will need to harness your power from skills. Grind blindly to 40, dont even think about entering seng. After 40 you unlock 20 skill points. You are now ready to venture into seng.

Normally your stock skill set up should be like this:

Shadow Tree

1) Assasin Thrust (5/5) 25% damage increase and 100% defense ignore at L5, sick vs squishies or fatties alike when you crit. This will be your main DPS skill since it has fast 6 sec cooldown.

2) Shadow rush (1/5) Leave it at 1 for now, 2 second stun is more than OP. If you cant kill someone in 2 sec, dont try to kill him/her in first place, since seng fights dont last more than 2-3 secs.

3) Slayers Cloak (1/5) Just to stealth. Later 2/5 is more than enuf if you would like a lil more time under stealth.

4) Shadow Strike (1/5) Just to go back to stealth during combat.

5) Slayers Speed (1/5) for now at 40 but should be upgraded to 5/5 as you level.

6) Slayers Call (5/5) need those critical % be pve/pvp.

Combat Tree

1) Double Cut ( 1/5) only to unlock the next skill

2) Blade Twist (5/5) This is what that will make you a god. L5 gives 35%+199 attack increase plus -35% defense reduction.....stun, hit Sin thrust then this...kaboom.

Thats basically it. Also getting Choke hold (1/5) in shadow tree after 40+ is advisable since it deals good damage and slows down opponents ( if they try to run after stun wears off).

After 50 though, when reversal gets unlocked, its advisable to switch to combat. I'll leave that for another day, but for now, stick to shadow, get those kills, upp that honor, unlock Savage. Enjoy the game.

martelsurop123

Rank 0
PostedJan 24, 2013 9:43 am
[url=http://forum.r2games.com/showthread.php?23939-Combat-Rogue-Killing-Machine-Guide]

THIS IS WHAT I FOLLWED.. SO FAR I DIDNT REGRET IT...

the damgae and skills are good Very Happy

--awww. MArtz.-- (O.o) </3 (o.O)

GMtk421

GameMaster: USA
GMtk421
PostedJan 24, 2013 2:47 pm
Glad to see all the community help here Very Happy

broken415

broken415
PostedJan 24, 2013 6:56 pm
Thank you all for the help! I really appreciate all the information you guys have provided me. If you guys dont mind, I would also like to know which gems are best used for a rogue. Any other information that you guys think i should know, go ahead and tell me! I really do appreciate all the help you guys give Very Happy Thank you guys again! ^^

Fuchie

Rank 0
PostedJan 24, 2013 8:35 pm
I originally put two points in agility and one point in strength up to about level 20, but I realized that agility really doesn't as much utility as I had initially thought. Agility accounts for critical chance, dodge and hit ratings. While it sounds good at first glance, you'll need many, many points in agility to ever notice even a mediocre difference. Dodge rating is useful in PvE at higher levels (35%+), but is easily bypassed in PvP by Savage equipment, the PvP armor of choice, which grants a lot of hit percentage, effectively negating dodge. All of the stats that agility raises can be gained more easily though equipment without sacrificing your attribute points in strength.

I recommend a full strength build because the rogues objective is to kill as quickly as possible. If you don't kill your PvP target with your first barrage of strikes, you're in trouble. Having maximum strength gives you the best chance to achieve that objective. Don't bother with intellect or endurance, as you'll have more than enough mana for your abilities, and enough defense and cunning to tough out bosses in PvE.

As for my skills, I've experimented with both the Shadow and Combat builds, and have found that the Shadow is overall more useful, for both PvE and PvP. This is my current build, which isn't exactly what I want, but I haven't had the opportunity to reset my skill points.

Shadow
Left Column (in descending order of skills)
1, 5, 1
Middle Column
1, 5, 1, 3, 1
Right Column
5, 3, 1

Combat
Middle Column
1, 5

Were I to reset my skills, I would max out my first two Shadow passives, and invest a few points into Combat passives. The goal of my current build is to make PvE as safe as possible, while also being powerful enough to take out most PvP enemies (knights will always be a problem as a rogue).

In PvE dungeons, mobs will be your real problem. It's very difficult to perform when you're being attacked by multiple enemies, so try to avoid small mobs as much as possible (this is where Slayer's Cloak is useful, and Shadow Strike if you have too many mobs on you and need to dump agro, as you can't use Slayer's Cloak while in combat). One-on-one with bosses, it is still tough as you'll take massive amounts of damage. Always try to open up with Shadow Rush, and follow up with Shadow Strike after the stun wears off of your target in order to cloak and Shadow Rush again for another four second stun.

Myself, I have two pets with the ability "Charm", which prohibits enemies from attacking for a few seconds. Until you have at least one pet with that ability, I wouldn't recommend attempting to solo dungeons, as you will not be able to keep up your healing with the boss' damage. When you do have a pet with Charm, hotkey that pet and another pet into your toolbar. Charm has a long cooldown which can be bypassed. After your pet uses charm, switch to your reserve pet. This will reset all pet ability cooldowns, meaning that as soon as the cooldown for switching pets is over, you can summon your pet with Charm and get a Charm in much sooner than you normally would be able to.

Learning how to synchronize my own stuns with my pet's stuns is my key to soloing dungeons. Whether or not it's the most efficient, I don't know, but it's very easy to learn and execute.

In PvP, always open up with Shadow Rush, avoid standing next to teammates (as many classes have AoE attacks which will break your cloak, and your advantage) and avoid knights (they just have too much defense and health to be able to take down, even with the four second stun). Follow up with Blade Twist (to reduce defense by 35% at level 5) and then Choke Hold or its improved variant (to reduce enemy movement speed). Use other skills if you have them as they'll likely do more DPS than your normal attack alone.

Combat rogues, in my opinion, are more suited for PvE and group play. Being unable to cloak means that they need to rely on quick movements and hard-hitting skills. They do get many good attacking skills, which are well-suited to taking on PvE bosses, but again, being unable to cloak means you lose a lot of survivability, which means you need to rely on other players to heal or tank for you. I chose a Shadow rogue over a Combat rogue because they just have more utility, but Combat rogues are capable of inflicting massive amounts of damage and should not be underestimated in PvP combat.

Sorry for the long post; there was just a lot of information to cover. If I missed anything or you have questions, feel free to ask.

broken415

broken415
PostedJan 24, 2013 8:44 pm
Fuchie wrote:
I originally put two points in agility and one point in strength up to about level 20, but I realized that agility really doesn't as much utility as I had initially thought. Agility accounts for critical chance, dodge and hit ratings. While it sounds good at first glance, you'll need many, many points in agility to ever notice even a mediocre difference. Dodge rating is useful in PvE at higher levels (35%+), but is easily bypassed in PvP by Savage equipment, the PvP armor of choice, which grants a lot of hit percentage, effectively negating dodge. All of the stats that agility raises can be gained more easily though equipment without sacrificing your attribute points in strength.

I recommend a full strength build because the rogues objective is to kill as quickly as possible. If you don't kill your PvP target with your first barrage of strikes, you're in trouble. Having maximum strength gives you the best chance to achieve that objective. Don't bother with intellect or endurance, as you'll have more than enough mana for your abilities, and enough defense and cunning to tough out bosses in PvE.

As for my skills, I've experimented with both the Shadow and Combat builds, and have found that the Shadow is overall more useful, for both PvE and PvP. This is my current build, which isn't exactly what I want, but I haven't had the opportunity to reset my skill points.

Shadow
Left Column (in descending order of skills)
1, 5, 1
Middle Column
1, 5, 1, 3, 1
Right Column
5, 3, 1

Combat
Middle Column
1, 5

Were I to reset my skills, I would max out my first two Shadow passives, and invest a few points into Combat passives. The goal of my current build is to make PvE as safe as possible, while also being powerful enough to take out most PvP enemies (knights will always be a problem as a rogue).

In PvE dungeons, mobs will be your real problem. It's very difficult to perform when you're being attacked by multiple enemies, so try to avoid small mobs as much as possible (this is where Slayer's Cloak is useful, and Shadow Strike if you have too many mobs on you and need to dump agro, as you can't use Slayer's Cloak while in combat). One-on-one with bosses, it is still tough as you'll take massive amounts of damage. Always try to open up with Shadow Rush, and follow up with Shadow Strike after the stun wears off of your target in order to cloak and Shadow Rush again for another four second stun.

Myself, I have two pets with the ability "Charm", which prohibits enemies from attacking for a few seconds. Until you have at least one pet with that ability, I wouldn't recommend attempting to solo dungeons, as you will not be able to keep up your healing with the boss' damage. When you do have a pet with Charm, hotkey that pet and another pet into your toolbar. Charm has a long cooldown which can be bypassed. After your pet uses charm, switch to your reserve pet. This will reset all pet ability cooldowns, meaning that as soon as the cooldown for switching pets is over, you can summon your pet with Charm and get a Charm in much sooner than you normally would be able to.

Learning how to synchronize my own stuns with my pet's stuns is my key to soloing dungeons. Whether or not it's the most efficient, I don't know, but it's very easy to learn and execute.

In PvP, always open up with Shadow Rush, avoid standing next to teammates (as many classes have AoE attacks which will break your cloak, and your advantage) and avoid knights (they just have too much defense and health to be able to take down, even with the four second stun). Follow up with Blade Twist (to reduce defense by 35% at level 5) and then Choke Hold or its improved variant (to reduce enemy movement speed). Use other skills if you have them as they'll likely do more DPS than your normal attack alone.

Combat rogues, in my opinion, are more suited for PvE and group play. Being unable to cloak means that they need to rely on quick movements and hard-hitting skills. They do get many good attacking skills, which are well-suited to taking on PvE bosses, but again, being unable to cloak means you lose a lot of survivability, which means you need to rely on other players to heal or tank for you. I chose a Shadow rogue over a Combat rogue because they just have more utility, but Combat rogues are capable of inflicting massive amounts of damage and should not be underestimated in PvP combat.

Sorry for the long post; there was just a lot of information to cover. If I missed anything or you have questions, feel free to ask.  

Thank you Fuchie! You have been very nice to me in game! Very Happy Thanks for taking your time to help me out ^^

MelissaI_10077

Rank 0
MelissaI_10077
PostedFeb 06, 2013 9:14 am
From personal experience, I feel that at first, mostly str and a little agility works well for grinding at low levels since rogues aren't the best at soloing dungs. After rebirth, full agil has been working wonders for me. This works best in pvp and pve since 1) bosses will miss you 70-90% of the time if you have a high dodge rate and 2) pvp balancers add patk, end, a little bit of crit dmg and crit %, but it does nothing to your dodge. Therefore, by going full agility, you have the dodge advantage that many rogues neglect.

Also, if you focus on your void soul, you may have a low patk (at first, you can work on that more later) but your strength is really hidden in your crit dmg. My patk is less than the full str rogues but I crit for 310% my patk 97% of the time so there is no surprise as to why I out-damage them in avernal.

Skills wise... go shadow at first to make it easier to survive pvp events.. afterwards, combat is more advisable for pve (but that is only when you have built up your skills/equip well... especially after getting slayers). Like they said before, work on your dodge passives and max your stun skill early! If you have the points, maxing blade twist is good for the defense reduction that works great on bosses and tanks. After that, you can max shadow strike (gives the same effect as maxed slayer's cloak) so that you can remain in stealth far longer than your cooldown and do a good deal of damage in the process.

KingStealther

Rank 0
PostedNov 08, 2013 7:48 pm

Scion

I am a level 52 Scion Rogue. I went Full Str until 25 and then full agil til rb Until i hit scion i was a sengolia killer. I used to wipe 5 Eidolons at a time and still kill seng. If you are looking into a shadow rogue then take this guide.

Bosses will hit u no matter what depending on the dungeon level and difficulty. I did not rebirth at 80 i rebirthed at 85 after i attempted exelorn. Sloth hit me at 133% dodge on hard and trust me it aint pretty. When you start out i would suggest go with 3 str until level 25 this will give u enough attack for the monsters. Level 25 dungeon will come around and DO NOT BUY ANY GEAR FOR LEVELS 23-29. It is not worth it. Instead of buying Dreamwalker gear Just wait until level 33 and Nightmare runs will drop Epic Etheral Shards. This gear will carry you out until level 53 when you get Epic Bloodforged Shards. On my server all epic shards are worth 1 silver each. So it wont be a bothersome to attempt to farm the dungeon for the shards. For a rogue you will need the epics gear. It will pay off i guarantee you. When you rebirth Quick Death is a Must. 10 attacks in 2 seconds pays off if you have enough attack speed like i do it is actually 10 attacks within 1 second. The following skills are the skills i use That makes my character Overpowered.

Slayer Cloak 5/5
Shadow Strike 5/5
Assassin Thrust 1/5
Shadow Rush 1/5 (Note: This skill only needs to be at rank 1 because it is useless to upgrade)
Choke Hold 1/5
Improved Assassins Thrust 5/5
Slayer Speed 1/5
Slayer Call 1/5
Slayer Speed 4/5
Brutality 1/5 (This Skill is worth upgrading the max is 50% Crit increase over 8 seconds)
Double Cut 1/5
Blade Twist 2/5 (It is important to upgrade this skill asap Pair this with assassins thrust and u will deal alot of damage especially to knights)
Triple-Strike 1/5
Improved Double Cut 5/5
Blur 1/5
Scion Skill: Quick Death 3/8 (Only is upgradeable every 15 levels)
For the rogue skills i have been on both sides of the tree just ask if certain skills are necessary. But i do know this. If you go shadow and u need more dodge max out Vagabond's Swiftness. I have 83% Base with armor and stats.... +2% from title.... +16% with seal broken blessing... +7% with HP lvl 8... (Priest Scion Holy skill It really helps in dungeons to have that extra attack power and boosted stats) +50% from vagabonds... +35% from sperion combo = 193% maximum dodge for me~
This is why I love my build Smile