ExParte

Rank 0
PostedJan 26, 2013 2:05 pm

Reaching Ledise before level 10

Needs a warning or a way out
My first character finished the mainline quests in Balt and reached Ledise just barely into level 9. At this point there were no quests or hints available. I guessed that I needed to be level 10 to get more quests, and couldn't find a way out or the city to do some grinding, so I spent most of my gold getting back to Balt. After grinding for a while with minimal progress, I gave up on the character and started another. This time I made sure to reach level 10 before going to Ledise, and there are plentiful quests there now.

I think some warning is needed, as well as some hints on where to grind for maximum experience.
Advertisement

blackdeath101

GameSage: Forum
blackdeath101
PostedJan 26, 2013 2:39 pm
Did you play as a sorc using the elemental? If so, it leeches your experience and will cause your normal rate of progress to change, causing the running out of quests too early.

I've only made 5 chars between CB and OB, but all of them progressed as normal and none were sorceress (not my cup of tea).

ExParte

Rank 0
PostedJan 26, 2013 7:53 pm
Yes -- I was a sorc with an elemental, but I think there were a few optional quests I didn't do. I still think there should be a warning.

Ona

Ona
PostedJan 26, 2013 9:36 pm
As a Sorc with an elemental you're receiving about 75% of the XP characters without an elemental receive. Essentially, the game views you as being in a party with your elemental, so XP is split between you. It's a bug that was reported and forwarded to the devs last week.

Until it's fixed you'll have to either grind extra or quest without your elemental. Alternatively, you can get a friend to be your new "pet." Wink

"Attitude. Humor. Action. The combination of these three elements will be the pathway to your success."

LalaHeat

Rank 1
LalaHeat
PostedFeb 05, 2013 5:38 pm
eh, technically your able to get to ledise by lvl 8, and i cant remember which cardinal direction it is but in the middle of the city they have big exits in each direction one that goes up a long ramp/stairs leads you out of the city there are some decen areas to grind.

And most people hate being stuck in baby land and shoot straight for the main land. however there are advantages to staying on balt till like lvl 11, i couldn't stand to grind anymore, i completed all the quests i believe and had farmed a decent amount of gold and green equipment so i went ahead and journeyed to the main land.

Also, to avoid the common curse of finishing all available quests on the sorcy, i've been trying to maintain a quest-a-lvl grind-a-lvl. It's really easy to do at beginning levels, when yous tart out just grind at the starter shore till lvl 4 or 5, you've opened up several quests that way, and on the way to the town gather the training quests, do them (dont turn them in) and level up, then turn htem in you'll usually go up another level and repeat.

Once you hit ledise, try to maintain this, especially by gathering all the available quests, doing them 9but not turning them in) level up, then turn in, and gather the next round of quests.

crimsonlily46

Rank 1
crimsonlily46
PostedFeb 05, 2013 9:11 pm
Ona wrote:
As a Sorc with an elemental you're receiving about 75% of the XP characters without an elemental receive. Essentially, the game views you as being in a party with your elemental, so XP is split between you. It's a bug that was reported and forwarded to the devs last week.

Until it's fixed you'll have to either grind extra or quest without your elemental. Alternatively, you can get a friend to be your new "pet." Wink  

I was aware of the exp reduction, but is it for the exp I'm receiving only or everyone in my party receive reduced exp? I've been wondering about this. Though seeing my friend was surprised that she got more % than me leans more toward only affecting me.

Ona

Ona
PostedFeb 06, 2013 12:30 am
crimsonlily46 wrote:
I was aware of the exp reduction, but is it for the exp I'm receiving only or everyone in my party receive reduced exp? I've been wondering about this. Though seeing my friend was surprised that she got more % than me leans more toward only affecting me.  

On my Sorc I've been partying and leveling with a SM friend all the way. Up until about level 20 she had a tendency to run off on her own because she could tank and spank everything no problem. I had difficulty handling groups without my ele summoned, so I always had to have him out. We noticed that this resulted in me leveling significantly slower, so we did some testing. Our findings:

1. You, friend, and elemental within 8 meters of each other = Everyone receives 33% party XP (60% normal)
  2. You and friend more than 8 meters apart, friend kills something = You receive nothing, friend receives 100% normal XP
  3. You and friend more than 8 meters apart, you kill something = You and elemental receive 50% party XP (75% normal), friend receives nothing

Our solution? She rounds everything up, tanks it on top of me, and I AoE it down without my ele summoned.

If you're not leveling with a friend you can comfortably nuke things down one by one yourself, but I've been told it takes longer than using the elemental. Sorcs are pretty squishy alone.

"Attitude. Humor. Action. The combination of these three elements will be the pathway to your success."