RelentlessPace

Rank 4
RelentlessPace
PostedFeb 05, 2013 3:52 am

What it needs after all?

game's requirements

Source: http://shaiya.aeriagames.com/Overview/Requirements

i keep watching these details, and i still can't believe it.
do the game need that little to work without lagg, or is a minimum to just logg in and froze.

maybe these details were for real when the game started, but since so many patches come along the way, i hardly believe the requirements haven't change.

so pls anyone who knows programming or pc details, put here what u think we should have on our pc to play the game enjoying it without the lagg or teleport or freeze, cos is geting annoying. the most thing i hate is freezing porting.

Advertisement

RelentlessPace

Rank 4
RelentlessPace
PostedFeb 05, 2013 3:53 am
forgot to mention Mage/Pagan's LAGG/DC Bringer skill : KB <.<

Mandatar

Rank 5
Mandatar
PostedFeb 05, 2013 6:16 am
Of course, as the game uses hardware to run on, faster/better hardware will improve the game performance.

The memory requirements are actually "free" memory. Most of the time your OS will already take a large chunk out of it.

The processor speed is also not the most crucial for Shaiya. What most people describe as lag is:

- internet latency (and usually not lack of bandwidth, but more like hiccups or package loss)
- video driver latency: every animation in your visual range is rendered separately. If you turn on everything ingame, your video driver has to render the animation of each character, and each cape and each weapon enchantment. If your video card is slower, this will take more time. But also, if there are many players in your screen (such as at the start of GRB), the amount of rendered animation is often so big that it won't fit on the memory of your video card. The 128MB memory they set, is nowhere enough to walk towards the GRB portal 2 min before GRB with a decent framerate.

Mandatar (80), Scrooge (30), Someshta (30), Azeal (15), Kierin (65)

commmodore

Rank 0
PostedFeb 05, 2013 6:35 am

lol

lagg
come on... so u guys not been notice longer loading times on every portal using, dropped frame rates after last big update? , i personally thought it was cos more players, enchants , lapis slots (hms can use 6 slotted gears) , but seems its only getting worse... i even bought new graphic card, got over 15000 points in 3d mark advantage, i defrag every week settings lowest bossible and still cant get barely over 30 fps now and then, usually 18-25 and thats when im grinding... it must b of programming bug or smthng.

anyone else with same broblems?, oh and i got 8mb internet connection wia hardwire. sorry of language isues, im not speking enlish of my native language.

RelentlessPace

Rank 4
RelentlessPace
PostedFeb 05, 2013 8:18 am

Re: lol

lagg
commmodore wrote:
come on... so u guys not been notice longer loading times on every portal using, dropped frame rates after last big update? , i personally thought it was cos more players, enchants , lapis slots (hms can use 6 slotted gears) , but seems its only getting worse... i even bought new graphic card, got over 15000 points in 3d mark advantage, i defrag every week settings lowest bossible and still cant get barely over 30 fps now and then, usually 18-25 and thats when im grinding... it must b of programming bug or smthng.

anyone else with same broblems?, oh and i got 8mb internet connection wia hardwire. sorry of language isues, im not speking enlish of my native language.  

this is what i m talking about

if is really worthy investing in my pc's upgrades to enjoy the game without lagg trolling me when the sun is shining.

mandatar i know u are giving the reasons of the lagg as latency but can u pls be more specific, as is the game or the pc
and if is the pc, what should we use to play the game.

much apreciated ur reply guys

Mandatar

Rank 5
Mandatar
PostedFeb 05, 2013 8:42 am
your framerate doesn't rely on your internet connection.

If your connection is lagging, you will stop getting updates from mobs and players around you, but you can navigate through Shaiya normally (I am sure you have noticed this at some point).

The framerate is determined by how fast your computer will render your screen. The shaiya client has not been drastically changed on graphical engine. Having many moving mobs and players in your screen will make it slower. You could reduce your visual distance. I assume though that your framerate will not have dropped, but that you experience other forms of lag. 18 fps will make it a bit more "shocky" but it's still playable.

Large loading times between maps can be accounted for as server lag, same as skills taking a huge amount of time to process.

I believe for some time Shaiya is being targetted by hackers or malicious people
(happened in the past as well). If they put the server under a lot of stress, all of us will be lagging... up to a point where we mass DC. AGE will never confirm or deny this though, and not much we can do about it.

Mandatar (80), Scrooge (30), Someshta (30), Azeal (15), Kierin (65)

RelentlessPace

Rank 4
RelentlessPace
PostedFeb 05, 2013 10:40 am
so, should i invest or not into my pc for the game sakes
or it will be the same experience?