bianca.d.andrei

Rank 0
bianca.d.andrei
PostedFeb 01, 2013 8:28 am

What is the best set(s?) for a Mage between 60 and 70?

And where can it be obtained from?
This is a question regardless of price. I am just curious of your opinion regarding what would be the best (even if the most expensive/difficult to get) set for a Magician that has reached level 60... and that can hold him/her decent damage for the next 5 to 10 levels or so (I am not aware how often it is advised for a high level to swap armor (?)).

I noticed that there is a level 63 (?) Fame set (not sure?) and there is also crafting (although no idea where I can buy the patterns from, maybe guild towns? Cause I saw that Aven doesn't have it.).

Most people have recommended me fame chest Cast SPD sets, are they worth building fame for? What are the advantages to it? Maybe the extra bonuses you get from having all 5?
Advertisement

raedrin

Rank 3
raedrin
PostedFeb 01, 2013 9:41 am
I personally think that the best set btwn those lvls is the lvl 63 orange fame set, ishtar. Ignoring costs here, ishtar will let you get high amounts of cast speed, mcrit rate, and even gives a bit of movespeed.

Ishtar is great if you plan on working towards awakened armor in the future. AW mdps cloth takes the same fame (so ishtar gives you a headstart) and gives basically the same stats (just much higher), so ishtar can give u a bit of a preview of what to expect. Ishtar is also great if you need to farm arena medals for AW armor (illu and cleric) in the 60 arena.

You will lose out on some mcrit dmg with ishtar, but that can be made up in othwr ways (its just expensive).

Ishtar can also be used to farm with mage/cleric, so if you use it enough for that, it will eventually pay for itself.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

kecapmanis

Rank 0
kecapmanis
PostedFeb 01, 2013 9:50 am
IMO Galaxy or Moonlight Shimmer Set more INT is always better moreover fortified Fame set is cost a lot (It depends on your stats now... which area u want to improve)

Source

raedrin

Rank 3
raedrin
PostedFeb 01, 2013 11:05 pm
I personally prefer the fame sets over the crafted ones b/c my builds prioritize agi over int. Agi is great, since it's cast speed, evasion, and parry. Int, to my build, is considered low priority, since int gives only a tiny amount of matk (1 int = 5 matk + multipliers). Some mages priortize int and their own build and get cast speed other places, and it can work for them. But those mages will tend to have lower base cast speed and lower base evasion than mages with fame sets. The matk difference will vary based on the mage, but btwn each builds I have yet to see a difference of more than 5k base or so (assuming neither mage is using 4 green certs; that changes things a bit, hence why it varies based on the mage).

Note: I'm talking about end-game (lvl 65+) builds here. Tl;dr: I'm not saying that the crafted sets are bad, just in that my personal opinion, fame sets are better.

Off topic note: kep where did you find your profile picture? O.O It's so pretty and I want one XD

gcxu

Rank 0
PostedFeb 04, 2013 1:44 am
mmm you want the isthar set...b/c cast spd is just more important. Though there is a point of decreasing returns, most 60's don't reach that point in cast spd anyways...

Beside you're going to have to do a lot of arena time with illu to get medals for awaken cloth armor (camp your 60's arena for medals =X). Illu needs cast spd for ice and aero, so cast spd is more important =X

kecapmanis

Rank 0
kecapmanis
PostedFeb 05, 2013 8:13 am
raedrin wrote:
Note: I'm talking about end-game (lvl 65+) builds here. Tl;dr: I'm not saying that the crafted sets are bad, just in that my personal opinion, fame sets are better.
Off topic note: kep where did you find your profile picture? O.O It's so pretty and I want one XD  

Hiiiyaa... Rae...
yes, it's finally personal choice... I have Ishtar as well but I fell in love with my galaxy because of its +6 stats,,, giggle

Off topic note: I sent you link for that ^_^

I'm ill-tempered, self-centered, rude n less care with others feeling

Rimstock

Rank 0
PostedMar 04, 2013 2:53 am
Somewhat on topic- Whats the opinion on using the lv 58 fame set instead of ishtar? I have my 58 fully gemmed out so curious if people feel the 90 mcrit rate and 5% move speed is worth cost to re-gem

raedrin

Rank 3
raedrin
PostedMar 04, 2013 3:13 am
Rimstock wrote:
Somewhat on topic- Whats the opinion on using the lv 58 fame set instead of ishtar? I have my 58 fully gemmed out so curious if people feel the 90 mcrit rate and 5% move speed is worth cost to re-gem  

If you aren't swimming in money, just stick with your current set. Ishtar is definitely better, but its not like a gemmed 58 set is bad. If you plan on upgrading, just save up for the 68 set or awakened.