wktmarine

GameSage: Aeria Browser
wktmarine
PostedFeb 03, 2013 8:57 pm

suggestion about the daily div.

maybe put all the divinations in a list and put a set gold price on them (say 15 gold) that way we can just buy the one we want but make it where we can only buy one every 24 hrs. If we change our mind about that divination and want a different one then make it random like it is now with the cards.

pros - will produce more revenue, less complaining about pythia

cons - none seen
Advertisement

serasocial

Rank 0
serasocial
PostedFeb 04, 2013 1:07 am
cons- free players are at a disadvantage again

EquinoxBlade

Rank 2
EquinoxBlade
PostedFeb 04, 2013 10:27 am
Agreed serasocial. Doing this will give spenders the ability to just buy Apollo V everyday and and turn the chances for non spenders to get even Sun 3 to crap. Without spending I can get Sun III and even manage to get Sun IV without Auspicious cards. While it may seem nice to just buy what ever Div. you want, the random effect in of it's self has a purpose.

Neritti

GameSage: Aeria Browser
Neritti
PostedFeb 04, 2013 1:14 pm
Newsflash it's already a nightmare trying to get Sun effects sometimes, depending on what the folks doing the coding have changed with whatever update they did. For weeks Sun will follow a pattern of frequency, how often ANY of the Sun affects appears for possible selection with cards and WHERE the effect appears when you select. Then you get another pattern when they again change the code and when that happens, the possibility of getting Sun is about as rare as getting pearls off a lvl 25 white wild. Highly abnormal for the effect to even appear for selection and completely random where the effect lands on the cards. During those times, you can't even pay gold to have the option for keeping your Sun effect cuz it's just extremely unlikely that you'll get it at all to begin with. SO right there is lost revenue.

Forcing players to blast through 65 lucky cards or whatever a dayand all the time clicking cards, to get their Sun 3 or 4 doesn't result in ANY income at all for Aeria. The majority of folks will buy from Alli shop with their tens of thousands of glory, not from item mall. Offering the ability to buy a Sun effect, even for a reduced time, limited number of times a week etc, WOULD give Aeria more revenue. It's just a huge waste of time sitting there clicking cards over and over again when the process could be much more efficient and beneficial for all.

edit: As for disadvantage of non spenders vs spenders... this really is minimal. If someone is that concerned about non-spenders disadvantage over this, maybe they should try hitting someone who has a fully stacked top of the line epic from spending. There is 0 chance anyone with an epic not decked in full vip/hellhound/+11 or higher Warlord etc gear, 200k+ army, maxed rebirth stats and Supreme skills on their epic as well, can beat a rival epic comprised of that. You can't do it unless your epic matches that or is even really close to it. Which means that whoever has to spend money to beat a money spender. No iffs ands or buts, it's just not possible even WITH supreme skills unless your epic is fully maxed on gear and stats, that means payin for it. I'd be far more concerned about THAT then I would of a little div effect. Smile No, that's not a complaint, it's just a matter-of-fact of how this game calculates chances of win when comparing stats of one epic and army to another. The epic that had most money put into it, will win.

serasocial

Rank 0
serasocial
PostedFeb 04, 2013 7:15 pm
Neritti wrote:
Newsflash it's already a nightmare trying to get Sun effects sometimes, depending on what the folks doing the coding have changed with whatever update they did. For weeks Sun will follow a pattern of frequency, how often ANY of the Sun affects appears for possible selection with cards and WHERE the effect appears when you select. Then you get another pattern when they again change the code and when that happens, the possibility of getting Sun is about as rare as getting pearls off a lvl 25 white wild. Highly abnormal for the effect to even appear for selection and completely random where the effect lands on the cards. During those times, you can't even pay gold to have the option for keeping your Sun effect cuz it's just extremely unlikely that you'll get it at all to begin with. SO right there is lost revenue.

Forcing players to blast through 65 lucky cards or whatever a dayand all the time clicking cards, to get their Sun 3 or 4 doesn't result in ANY income at all for Aeria. The majority of folks will buy from Alli shop with their tens of thousands of glory, not from item mall. Offering the ability to buy a Sun effect, even for a reduced time, limited number of times a week etc, WOULD give Aeria more revenue. It's just a huge waste of time sitting there clicking cards over and over again when the process could be much more efficient and beneficial for all.

edit: As for disadvantage of non spenders vs spenders... this really is minimal. If someone is that concerned about non-spenders disadvantage over this, maybe they should try hitting someone who has a fully stacked top of the line epic from spending. There is 0 chance anyone with an epic not decked in full vip/hellhound/+11 or higher Warlord etc gear, 200k+ army, maxed rebirth stats and Supreme skills on their epic as well, can beat a rival epic comprised of that. You can't do it unless your epic matches that or is even really close to it. Which means that whoever has to spend money to beat a money spender. No iffs ands or buts, it's just not possible even WITH supreme skills unless your epic is fully maxed on gear and stats, that means payin for it. I'd be far more concerned about THAT then I would of a little div effect. Smile No, that's not a complaint, it's just a matter-of-fact of how this game calculates chances of win when comparing stats of one epic and army to another. The epic that had most money put into it, will win.  

Guess what I do the hitting someone with has a fully stacked top of the line equip fully maxed rb hero elite troops on a regular basis. In fact i was up against three such people today alone and lost. I am well aware of non spender disadvantage as well as the fact the tiers make a disadvantage and too many there is too many gold opportunities as it is putting a non spender at a disadvantage without adding to it. really sorry spenders i know you have your purpose but really non spenders are a important part of the game too and often are overlooked by gms and developers. We are often looked upon as non important part of the game. Taking yet one of very few advantage they have makes no sense whats so ever and neither is adding another advantage to the spender no matter how minimal the effect might seem it actually has a huge effect. A more suitable solution is maybe lower the gem cost of lucky and auspicious cards. maybe go back to the old way the divs were randomized. But adding another advantage to the huge list for gold spenders is not cool.

Heres a list of advantages spenders-

Huge selection of gold items in the mall including re-birthing items and 30 day vip and gem boxes
Tier events on a regular basis
extra salaries
instant heal
extra chances on event wheels
using gold to to recruit troops normally so they can buy more at a a time.
can use gold to completely do dailys to 100% gift packs
can use gold to gain sire skill points to faster train sires
then everything the free player gets in mail attachments and drops
same rewards free players get doing events and regular game play and gm weeklies

I might have forgotten some things in the advantages . Given there is no real advantages for non spenders that the paid players get also which often put non spenders at a huge disadvantage to paid players. maybe we should seriously think about the advantages spenders have over normal nonspenders. its actually quite unbalanced more so than a lot of the other games I play and is immediately noticeable where in other games you have to get to a certain level before its glaring obvious.