slimeyava

Rank 3
slimeyava
PostedFeb 01, 2013 6:02 pm

Inarcadian

Rank 2
Inarcadian
PostedFeb 02, 2013 8:10 pm
Just dropping by and wanted to post a thing or two.

http://youtu.be/GpO76SkpaWQ

This is of course a utopian view, in regards of AVA, but just think about where this game could go. Let's be honest, there is no other Free2Play (yes F2P, regardless of what many people say) that can keep up with AVA in any aspect. I've tried a lot of games, ranging from Ghost Recon Online, Battlefield Heroes, Battlefield Play4Free, TF2, Warface and whatnot, and not A SINGLE game was as addicting and good as AVA. There is no other alternative once you start palying this game.

One of the big downsides of this game is (sadly) still the community. I just read through a bunch of post on of the biggest F2P mmo sites, namely mmobomb.com (http://www.mmobomb.com/review/alliance-of-valiant-arms-ava), and general consensus is that the community is hostile and childish.

The other big downside is that the servers are pretty low quality, and this is something that the GSs should translate to the GMs. Laggy and unresponsive servers are driving players away and this is one of the "little" things that they can improve.

Back to the community, if there would be some event that would encourage players, who as of now, are not active on the forums, to come to the forums without beeing harassed or looked down on, it may lead to a better community. And GMs have the tools to do so, by e.g. posting in game with their yellow shoutouts etc.

I wished the GMs would be as active (in terms of in game appearance) as at the beginning of the merger, or give the GSs the possibility to interact with the community on a higher level.

Anyway, I'm derailing this thread a bit, but the basic idea is to bring in more competitive oriented FPS gamers to AVA, by providing stable servers, a warmer welcome and a better community, not drive them away (as we sadly have seen in the past).

Other than that, nice thread Ghoster, I hope this brings a new wave of competitive players and teams to this game. It surely deserves it.

edit: Take it from someone who has been playing this game for a pretty long time and been with the competitive scene for while now. Sportsmanship is something that should be encouraged and teams should respect each other. Just today I ran into a 15 year old boy who thought he is a big shot and got rolled 7-1 in a tournament. There should be no space for a big ego, especially when the competitive community is so small as ours. Respect is something to be earned, not given, not imposed. Respect your opponent, as much as you respect your own team.

kwelie

Rank 2
kwelie
PostedFeb 02, 2013 11:54 pm
Inarcadian wrote:

This is of course a utopian view, in regards of AVA, but just think about where this game could go. Let's be honest, there is no other Free2Play (yes F2P, regardless of what many people say) that can keep up with AVA in any aspect. I've tried a lot of games, ranging from Ghost Recon Online, Battlefield Heroes, Battlefield Play4Free, TF2, Warface and whatnot, and not A SINGLE game was as addicting and good as AVA. There is no other alternative once you start palying this game.

One of the big downsides of this game is (sadly) still the community. I just read through a bunch of post on of the biggest F2P mmo sites, namely mmobomb.com (http://www.mmobomb.com/review/alliance-of-valiant-arms-ava), and general consensus is that the community is hostile and childish.

The other big downside is that the servers are pretty low quality, and this is something that the GSs should translate to the GMs. Laggy and unresponsive servers are driving players away and this is one of the "little" things that they can improve.

Back to the community, if there would be some event that would encourage players, who as of now, are not active on the forums, to come to the forums without beeing harassed or looked down on, it may lead to a better community. And GMs have the tools to do so, by e.g. posting in game with their yellow shoutouts etc.

I wished the GMs would be as active (in terms of in game appearance) as at the beginning of the merger, or give the GSs the possibility to interact with the community on a higher level.

Anyway, I'm derailing this thread a bit, but the basic idea is to bring in more competitive oriented FPS gamers to AVA, by providing stable servers, a warmer welcome and a better community, not drive them away (as we sadly have seen in the past).

Other than that, nice thread Ghoster, I hope this brings a new wave of competitive players and teams to this game. It surely deserves it.

edit: Take it from someone who has been playing this game for a pretty long time and been with the competitive scene for while now. Sportsmanship is something that should be encouraged and teams should respect each other. Just today I ran into a 15 year old boy who thought he is a big shot and got rolled 7-1 in a tournament. There should be no space for a big ego, especially when the competitive community is so small as ours. Respect is something to be earned, not given, not imposed. Respect your opponent, as much as you respect your own team.  

Agreed.

ZiggyIsGrape

Rank 5.2
ZiggyIsGrape
PostedFeb 03, 2013 1:15 am
kwelie wrote:
Inarcadian wrote:

Agreed.  

I agree as well, especially with that last part

Respect is something I see very little of in the game and it saddens me. MERC may not be the best team out there, but one thing we are good at is promoting team respect. Respect for ourselves as players, and respect for our opponents.

kwelie

Rank 2
kwelie
PostedFeb 03, 2013 2:37 am
ZiggyIsGrape wrote:
kwelie wrote:
Inarcadian wrote:

Agreed.  

I agree as well, especially with that last part

Respect is something I see very little of in the game and it saddens me. MERC may not be the best team out there, but one thing we are good at is promoting team respect. Respect for ourselves as players, and respect for our opponents.  

True for your management, but some of your members (could be past members) could have used a trip to the flagpole where they'd get slapped a little on the nutsack.

lllNHKlll

Rank 0
lllNHKlll
PostedFeb 03, 2013 3:38 am
How? Just don't hack.

OMFGFish3s

Rank 0
OMFGFish3s
PostedFeb 13, 2013 6:28 pm
It's really helpful, I reckon this thread should be highlighted

slimeyava

Rank 3
slimeyava
PostedFeb 14, 2013 1:50 pm
Updated with another video of mine:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnF6qle2MRg

WonderBean

Rank 0
WonderBean
PostedFeb 22, 2013 10:10 am
I think this is a very thoughtful post to try and get those who thought about getting into the competitive scene a little extra boost of confidence Smile

<a>If not for sits... why is it made of warm? - lolcats.com</a>