CollToirex

Rank 0
CollToirex
PostedSep 11, 2012 4:18 pm   Last edited by CollToirex on Mar 05, 2013 6:11 pm. Edited 9 times in total

Clan (Mark) System

Reviving what was lost gone
Since along time ago, clans were a family, our ancient times tell us great
things clans accomplished together and how they fighted to get through
things, nowadays there's no importance for that, every game that I see,
there's always clans with 1 member or even players not interested in
joining a clan.

I just wanted to share some toughts about the clan system and what fails in every game.

What fails:
Players farm the competitions;
Competition as no use instead of having pay to win items or more money;
No real value of being/creating a clan;
No real value for having a clan mark.

What it can be changed:
Implement anti-farm features (first before bellow options);
Clan mark defense system in weekends (defend their clan mark against a challenger);
Create leagues just like a soccer league, explained bellow;

The League System
The top ranked clans are in league 1, the middle ones are in league 2 and
3, the low and last ones are in league 4 and 5. (more leagues if there are alot of active clans in AVA)

Clans with less then 5 members aren't added to a league. If more than 5, it adds them automatically(or asked) to a league according to their rank.

Each Wednesday and Friday every clan has a match for their league, which means you will play against the clans in the same league as you.

The clans who finish their league in the first place get an image/rank something like "League X Champion" and they are promoted to the next league (if the clan wins league 3 they are promoted to league 2 for example).

Let's say there's 30 clans in a league. Which means everyone will play against everyone two times(home and away), which means after the 60th match the league ends.

Home (randomly scheduled) - The clan can choose the map/mode and side.
Away (randomly scheduled) - The clan has to wait for the other one to choose their map/mode and side.

A win gives 3 points, a tie gives 1 point, a loss doesn't give any point.
Clan with most points wins the league.

If there's a tie in the last journey of the league, clan with most wins count is the champion, if there's still a tie, clan with less losses count is the champion, and so on.

League 1 winners get a new clan mark of their choice, an image/rank for league championship, and some items and ingame money perphaps;

Clan Mark System
Pretty simple, clans that already have a clan mark will have to defend at weekends their clan mark.

If they don't show up, they lose the clan mark.

If they win, they keep the clan mark and get a reward.

If they lose, the winning clan gets their clan mark and a reward.

Until the league starts, clans with clan mark can also compete on leagues (not sure about this yet), however if they win the league 1, they will not get a new clan mark (obviously), but the clan who came in second place will get one clan mark of their choice.

To challenge a clan for their clan mark, I still haven't come up with an idea, but perhaps you have to win against them at least 2 times in a normal match. And then you will have the option to challenge them. (or win 3 consecutives times)

Also, league 1 winners can choose a new emblem or if they really like an already taken emblem, they can challenge that clan, however if they lose they won't get anything besides the rank "League 1 Champions".

Elimination Cups System (whenever leagues ends (or even simultaneous), you guys could host Elimination cups until a new season is started, or ask ESL or IeSF or any other gaming community/website)

Just like soccer, there's leagues and cups in each season.
In a cup every clan with more than 5 members will compete against each other(clans who belong in a league are automatically registered), raffles are made to randomly draw brackets.
Cups will take place at weekends. But some clans can have a free weekend to rest, just like soccer. Lets say a clan has a match 29 September and the other round(if they win) is scheduled to be on 7 October, but since that clan won and they have a match at 5 October, they will have that weekend to rest and the CUP MATCH is adjourned to the next weekend.

After that, days are also scheduled and players can even know when are the finals scheduled.

If a clan doesn't show up, they lose the match.
If they win, they get to the next round against a clan who won too in their round and get a reward.
If they lose, they are eliminated from the cup.

Cups are special with attractive rewards, which means there are no clan mark challenges during this time.

Whoever belongs in a league, they have a rank/image so everyone can see (League X Clan).

League History is shown on website, it shows every scheduled matches and results of each league/match. It also has "Winners/Promoted" and "Demoted" .
In the future we could use something like Hall Of Fame, which shows which clans won the leagues in previous seasons.
Statistics would be awesome to see which is the player who kills more in the league, or a clan which never loses rounds or something like that.

Penalties

Leagues: Any clan who cheats their way to victory, loses the match. If they go on cheating, they are banned from the league, and they have to wait for the next season to start again. (If they repeat the same mistake, they are banned from 2 leagues) If the idea of banning is bad, then perphaps deduce points for the clan.
Any player who doesn't behave (depending on the severity), is banned from 1~3 matches (it gets higher if he continues).

Cups: Any clan who cheats their way to victory is eliminated from the cup and it's banned from the next one. (If they repeat the same mistake, they are banned from 2 cups)
Any player who doesn't behave (depending on the severity), is banned from 1~3 matches (it gets higher if he continues).

Of course cheating in AVA gets the account banned, but sometimes it's only 1 member in a clan that's cheating, but because we are competing, if only one guy makes a mistake everyone pays the price. However, again, if it's bad banning the whole clan, or if there are proofs that the clan didn't know, use the points thing (leagues only).

Starting a clan or using a huge clan roster

Since there are players who prefer starting their own clan, there's got be some "push" system for them to actually reach the 5 members they need to join the AVA official league. I have no idea here.

There will also be clans with more than 20 members, which is a huge roster to play the AVA official league. So either they have to be a well coordinated and orderly clan in which every member plays a match a week. Or they can make more than 1 team to join a league.

For the teams, they will have to select the main team, which is the one that really represents the clan officially (A Team) and the secondary ones, which are for experience only.

Only the A Team can get rewards. The rest of the teams are there to gain some competition experience and hope joining their clan main team in the future.

Example:
Clan name is "Reality" they have 23 members. Each league match has to be 5vs5 with 2 substitutes.
So that everyone can play Leader has to speak with his whole clan and makes 3 teams:
Reality A (league 2 - gets rewarded, gets promoted, gets demoted)
Reality B (league 3 - no-reward, promotion, demotion, plays against team C )
Reality C (league 3 - no-reward, promotion, demotion, plays against team B )

Explaining this promotions and demotions situations, basically this system is just like soccer:
If A team is in league 2 and it's demoted to league 3, the rest of the secondary teams are automatically demoted to league 4.
If A team is in league 1 and it's promoted to league 1, the rest of the secondary teams are automatically promoted to league 2.

Was that clear enough? Hope so, basically they must be always 1 league less than the main team.

However we have a problem here that maybe only Aeria can work out:
Let's say the last league is league 5.
A team is in league 4 and it's demoted to league 5. What happens to the secondary teams? Perphaps they are automatically disbanded until the clan gets promoted again?

The system(s) would differentiate who's a better clan or who's worthy for a player to join in.
It would also help to see which player(s) makes the difference in a clan.

The last problem we have, that maybe only Aeria can work out too. Is the league images to the secondary teams.

If a clan main team is in league 2 and they somehow create more teams, how can it show to the secondary teams that they belong to league 3? Well I'll leave this to you.

New features:
Unique clan system in the gaming industry;
Leagues like soccer (1~2 days per week only);
Rewards for league winners, defendind clan marks, winning clan marks;
Weekend days for clan mark competitions;
Awesome icons/ranks for players who won a league/clan mark, or being in a
league;
Days to practice, rest, pub, and live the real life xD;
Moderation team;
Advertisement

blackchinese3

Rank 1
blackchinese3
PostedSep 11, 2012 6:00 pm

Re: Clan System

Reviving what was lost gone
CollToirex wrote:
Since along time ago, clans were a family, our ancient times tell us great
things clans accomplished together and how they fighted to get through
things, nowadays there's no importance for that, every game that I see,
there's always clans with 1 member or even players not interested in
joining a clan.

We all know that the clan system is coming up on AVA.
But I just wanted to share some toughts about it and what failed in ijji.

What failed:
Players could farm the clan mark competition;
The division competition had no use instead of having pay to win items;
No real value of being/creating a clan;
No real value for having a clan mark or a division.

What it can be changed:
Implement anti-farm features;
Clan mark defense system in weekends (defend their clan mark against a challenger, instead of clan wars limit);
Change "divisions" to "leagues" and create a new league system just like a
soccer league, explained bellow;

The League System
The top ranked clans are in league 1, the middle ones are in league 2 and
3, the low and last ones are in league 4 and 5.

Clans with less then 5 members aren't added to a league.

Each Wednesday and Friday every clan has a match for their league, which means you will play against the clans in the same league as you.

Aeria needs to sort things up first, and see how this goes, so after 1~2 month of competitions, the clans who finish their league in the first place get an image/rank something like "League X Champion" and they are promoted to the next league (if the clan wins league 3 they are promoted to league 2 for example).

Let's say there's 30 clans in a league. Which means everyone will play against everyone two times, which means after the 60th match the league ends.

If there's a tie in the last journey of the league, clan with most wins count is the champion, if there's still a tie, clan with less losses count is the champion, and so on.

League 1 winners get a new clan mark, an image/rank for league championship, and some items perphaps;

Clan Mark System
Pretty simple, since resetting the clan marks to none would probably create a great rage around AVA, clans that already have a clan mark will have to defend at weekends their clan mark.

If they don't show up, they lose the clan mark.

If they win, they keep the clan mark and get a reward.

If they lose, the winning clan gets their clan mark and a reward.

Until the league starts, clans with clan mark can also compete on leagues (not sure about this yet), however if they win the league 1, they will not get a new clan mark (obviously), but the clan who came in second place will get one clan mark.

New features:
Leagues like soccer (2 days per week only);
Rewards for league winners, defendind clan marks, winning clan marks;
Weekend days for clan mark competitions;
Awesome icons/ranks for players who won a league/clan mark, or being in a
league;
Days to practice, rest, pub, and so on;
Moderation team;

It's not my idea, it was my friend's.
Anyways I found it pretty interesting then the previous ijji system, so I tought I might share with you guys.

If you got any idea to share or change anything, please share with us.

If there's alot of supporters, I'll send a ticket to Aeria linking to this topic, to show that we want this system.  

Your thread was kind of long but I manage to read a part of it and I found it really interesting. This is a well taught idea ! The league part is fascinating Wink

<a>funny gifs</a>

CollToirex

Rank 0
CollToirex
PostedSep 11, 2012 6:39 pm
Sorry, I had to explain why and how the system works.

Thank you for your support, hopefully there will be more. ^^

dark_hord3

Rank 4
dark_hord3
PostedSep 11, 2012 11:01 pm
I strongly support this suggestion bu you great work Very Happy kudos to you Smile

GMPaulmark wrote:
Fo Sho.

CollToirex

Rank 0
CollToirex
PostedSep 12, 2012 3:41 pm
dark_hord3 wrote:
I strongly support this suggestion bu you great work Very Happy kudos to you Smile  

Thank you I appreciate it Razz.

bump.

CollToirex

Rank 0
CollToirex
PostedSep 16, 2012 9:43 am
If the new clan system is not like this one, than you can goodbye to alot of players... again.

bump.

cmendonc2

Rank 3
cmendonc2
PostedSep 24, 2012 6:53 pm
I hope this (or something close) is implemented soon

leeness wrote:

CollToirex

Rank 0
CollToirex
PostedJan 10, 2013 7:57 pm
Reposted as requested by PTR clan.

Any new ideas/suggestions to the system will be added for the good of the game.

secretagent46

Rank 2
secretagent46
PostedFeb 02, 2013 9:15 pm
I like the League idea but not the Fighting for the clan mark idea.... if we have to Defend our clan marks all the time we worked to get them is gone... plus there are some clans who didn't farm theirs.. how do u think they would feel? i want to keep my clan mark because my clan is known by it.

CollToirex

Rank 0
CollToirex
PostedFeb 03, 2013 9:58 am
There is no way of knowing who farmed to get the clan mark, the fair way is to compete for the clan mark (only clans before Aeria).

It's way better then doing a number of clan wars so you don't lose the clan mark.