Baotran602

Rank 3
Baotran602
PostedFeb 01, 2013 10:36 pm
Sounds like a very good recommendation, you might want to consider sending this into the support desk. There is a larger chance of it being seen by the GMs there.

Advertisement

JohnnyBoi.

Rank 2
JohnnyBoi.
PostedFeb 01, 2013 10:48 pm
Baotran602 wrote:
Sounds like a very good recommendation, you might want to consider sending this into the support desk. There is a larger chance of it being seen by the GMs there.  

we dont need your opinion

WoodPecker.

Rank 5
WoodPecker.
PostedFeb 01, 2013 11:05 pm

rc

JohnnyBoi. wrote:
Baotran602 wrote:

we dont need your opinion  

ty, i may try that out.

From Gus, With Love.

Relaera

Rank 4
Relaera
PostedFeb 02, 2013 12:39 pm

Re: rc

WoodPecker. wrote:
and your 2nd part, i thought about that, and its only a suggestion for the soldierfront forums part, not any other forum. if they cant make it do that, then well, i already lost hope. (should also answer your first question)  

Every forum runs on the same template file. When you're viewing different forums, it always loads the "index.php" page/template, with a different "?f=" value. For General Discussion, your forum id is 1534. The forum id is what tells the template what data to load from the database.

If they were the change the layout of your forum, it would apply to every forum.

WoodPecker.

Rank 5
WoodPecker.
PostedFeb 02, 2013 1:34 pm

Re: rc

Relaera wrote:
WoodPecker. wrote:
and your 2nd part, i thought about that, and its only a suggestion for the soldierfront forums part, not any other forum. if they cant make it do that, then well, i already lost hope. (should also answer your first question)  

Every forum runs on the same template file. When you're viewing different forums, it always loads the "index.php" page/template, with a different "?f=" value. For General Discussion, your forum id is 1534. The forum id is what tells the template what data to load from the database.

If they were the change the layout of your forum, it would apply to every forum.  

thanks for crushing the little nuggets of hope i had left.
im done making suggestions. forever =\

Sammetje1994

Rank 2
Sammetje1994
PostedFeb 02, 2013 1:44 pm
Supported! Smile would make our creative commuinty a bit more "seen"

Relaera

Rank 4
Relaera
PostedFeb 03, 2013 12:21 am
Sammetje1994 wrote:
Supported! Smile would make our creative commuinty a bit more "seen"  

I'd suggest encouraging everyone to check out the different sections of the forum. If everyone posts their creative works in the creative sections, it becomes the go-to part of the forums for viewing creating works.

If there's an audience there to see such works, then you've got incentives for artists to post in that section, etc.

The more people continue to use General Discussion for topics which already have sub-forums, the more frustration it will lead to when threads get moved, etc. (See: the thread chain that started this suggestion)

Cheers,

- Team Bob

haner1212

Rank 4
haner1212
PostedFeb 03, 2013 12:23 am
I agree

Fuzestep

Rank 0
Fuzestep
PostedFeb 03, 2013 12:26 am
Great idea. Agreed