kaawasen

Rank 0
kaawasen
PostedFeb 01, 2013 12:39 am

Can I ask a few things about Eden's story/Lore/game design?

Kinda some odd questions because Eden is really starting to grow on me and the game keeps proving more and more beautiful, but...

1. Why is it named Eden Eternal? That name has some really mystical and deep conotations with it. I don't really pay attention much to the lore so maybe i missed somethings, but i;ve noticed some chris tia n references in the game. Are these coincidence or lost in translation names, or was this fully intended?

2. Sort of goes with the first question, is eden like... some sort of magical proto world(lore wise)? like it seems to be a very very old world and mystical styled game. It reminds me a lot of the very old final fantasy games. even though its full 3D it some how feels like a GBA RPG did.
I dunno how many people remember games like that.

3. The game is unusually easy to play and is extremely forgiving, being a past hardcore player, eden is such a huge change from playing in a top teir raid group. The game is incredibly easy but has some very asthetic design factors that kinda take the cake when you compare eden to other mmorpgs. Especiallly the full traditonal extended WASDQE+mouseloo/mousemove control. Thats an Full complete traditional controll system which is actually unecessary for the game's game play, but it exudes quality game design.

4. Whats with the Alpachas? this game seems to be inlove with alpachas, whys that?
Advertisement

Zyrein

Rank 4
Zyrein
PostedFeb 01, 2013 1:22 am
I honestly don't know how you answer your questions properly, but I want to point out the original version of the game is called Finding Neverland Online.

sweetxdevil357

Rank 3
sweetxdevil357
PostedFeb 01, 2013 10:28 am
1 - If you've read the introduction to the game when you first make a character, they mention that a bunch of "guardians" mysteriously came out from no where to save the world from the chaos it was in (racial wars), and then the mysterious guardians disappeared after the peace was restored. Those guardians are referred to as "Eternal Guardians", so I guess it would make sense to name the game "Eden Eternal", dunno what the Eden part refers to though. Usually names of games don't really mean a lot.

I don't think they made any references to Christianity on purpose. But you will notice a lot of pop culture references in the game. Razz

2 - I don't really understand this question but of course Eden would have it's own fantasy world like all the other games.

3 - Sadly, yes. EE is REALLY easy, and it only gets easier over time.

4 - Alpacas are the game's basic mounts, you get one when you're 25 or 30, and it's kind of EE's unofficial mascot, lol.

kaawasen

Rank 0
kaawasen
PostedFeb 01, 2013 4:54 pm
2. I was referring to the aura, feel and atmosphere of the game. Eden seems to really have that misty, mythical old world feel to it. Like a world lost in time but with a few warped and strange occurences. Reminds me a lot of the final fantasy games on gameboy.

3. I actually like how easy, simple and fairly autonoamous it can be. Because i've play a lot of heavily complex games like WoW, GW2, Vindictus, and others that require a lot of input, but eden is just easy to sit back and enjoy that traditional mmorpg...without the epic drag of the hardcore mmo scene. I love the fact that eden doesn't try to out do is implied purpose. Simple, fun, easy to understand, easy to play, and generic.
Its like a toy of the full sized models. I really like that.
So i don't think its "sad" that end is easy, its actually very nice.

lordpatty

Rank 1
PostedFeb 01, 2013 8:13 pm
Ok, So after reading your questions, I've come to the assumption that you might have delved in mmo games that put emphasis on lore and such. I just would like to tell you Eden Eternal is not as such. Everything and anything you see here is mostly cosmetic. There's no depth in the storyline or whatsoever and anything you see in excess, like alpacas, again is merely eye candy. This is because the game focuses on gameplay a whole lot more.

So yes, sorry to disappoint you but EE is just that: a socio-casual mmorpg with emphasis on aesthetic gameplay depth.

alchemnist

Rank 0
alchemnist
PostedFeb 01, 2013 10:42 pm
If you wanted to know the true background of Eden Eternal's game design then I'd suggest you try playing Grand Fantasia. Grand Fantasia is the first game from the same Dev's of Eden Eternal that Aeria Games hosted. You could almost say its the Third version of Grand Fantasia (Kitsu Saga being the second). You will find several similarities between each game.