JazonVoorheeS

Rank 2
JazonVoorheeS
PostedJan 29, 2013 2:04 am
ZiggyIsGrape wrote:
Played all day and no hackers

Although I rarely play in pubs, which is where they dwell most of the time.

I promise you I will continue my efforts however to rid this game of hackers. Any hacker I find I will document evidence and send in a report. Also if you have any evidence I urge you to send me the evidence in a pm if you don't plan to submit a report yourself, we do weekly community hacker reports.  

This is not enoug, some trustworthy players should be able to temporarily ban hackers on sight. But they are not allowed to ban without evidence. The player will be unbanned as soon as a GM checked the evidence and thinks that the player was actually legit. That would be a good system.

Advertisement

ZiggyIsGrape

Rank 5.2
ZiggyIsGrape
PostedJan 29, 2013 2:04 am
JazonVoorheeS wrote:
ZiggyIsGrape wrote:
Played all day and no hackers

Although I rarely play in pubs, which is where they dwell most of the time.

I promise you I will continue my efforts however to rid this game of hackers. Any hacker I find I will document evidence and send in a report. Also if you have any evidence I urge you to send me the evidence in a pm if you don't plan to submit a report yourself, we do weekly community hacker reports.  

This is not enoug, some trustworthy players should be able to temporarily ban hackers on sight. But they are not allowed to ban without evidence. The player will be unbanned as soon as a GM checked the evidence and thinks that the player was actually legit. That would be a good system.  

We are pushing for GS powers ingame and on forums

minuzaki

Rank 4
minuzaki
PostedJan 29, 2013 9:26 am
ZiggyIsGrape wrote:

Wouldn't that sort of disturb the um "GS's are normal players" thing? Y'know. That thing that everyone swears up and down that that is true?

iBambi

Rank 5
iBambi
PostedJan 29, 2013 9:39 am
ZiggyIsGrape wrote:

I understand that in certain situations it would be great if GSes had the power to do certain stuff without having to wait for a GM to get into the office, but as GSes are "normal players" and not all of them can be trusted to the same extent, giving GSes more powers sounds like a pretty bad idea imo. They apparently tried it out on the ES games, and the amount of power abuse was just lol..

minuzaki

Rank 4
minuzaki
PostedJan 29, 2013 9:54 am
It was bad. My friends from the ES server told me via skype how even a good, helpful, active player would apply for GS. Become a GS, and then they abused anyone who they either didn't like, or who opposed them. Certain situations, like Bambi said. But I'm pretty sure GM's are Prophets (Unless they want to be in GF Huehuehuehuhue) and can't see the future. A lot of GS's already abuse tags enough. No need to give us more reason to "fear" them.

Relaera

Rank 4
Relaera
PostedJan 30, 2013 11:15 pm
iBambi wrote:
ZiggyIsGrape wrote:

I understand that in certain situations it would be great if GSes had the power to do certain stuff without having to wait for a GM to get into the office, but as GSes are "normal players" and not all of them can be trusted to the same extent, giving GSes more powers sounds like a pretty bad idea imo. They apparently tried it out on the ES games, and the amount of power abuse was just lol..  

Just ask GunZ about that one

EDIT: Good luck getting forum mod powers, though. They aren't even taking apps for Forum Mods, or letting anybody into the group (or even purging inactives from the group).

ShadowArc

Rank 5
ShadowArc
PostedJan 30, 2013 11:30 pm
ZiggyIsGrape wrote:

GSes should NEVER have actual power in-game as it can easily be abused. As for forum powers, well, that's what we Forum GSes are for. As Relaera mentioned, we haven't even had mod applications since 2009. If you magically got forum powers, every other GS for every game would want them too, which would then makes us Forum GSes pointless once everybody and anybody can lock or do whatever.

skull12580

Rank 5.1
skull12580
On the planet consumed by greed. United States
PostedJan 31, 2013 12:17 am
ZiggyIsGrape wrote:

I must agree with ShadowArc here. The whole concept of Sages was based off their lack of power in game and forum activities. They are the communication between the Game Masters(or in the situation of forums, the Moderators) and the players in most situations, they are not supposed to be pseudo-Game Masters.
If the system is anything like how it was when I was around in the GS program, you should have no need for any forum powers at all. There was usually at least one Moderator always on and active. With GMs the process is a bit more tedious as they have scheduled times that they work ingame, but, from my experience, most issues could be solved within a day or without much hassle.