PostedJan 24, 2013 8:08 pm
Tactus wrote:
Rekikyo wrote:
Your statements here also contradict one another:
In one you say,
"Int should be less powerful."
In the other you say,
"Int has no use at all."  

You are obviously ESL--which is not bad, but you didn't understand my post at all. I did not say INT should be less powerful, I said they need to segment healing and damage on a Shadowmage. It isn't logical that one stat boosts both damage and healing. With how this game is set up, f that continues to be the case then over time the Shadowmage will easily become the most played class.

I don't think stating that a class is 'balanced' only when playing with other classes. That in itself is completely illogical. By saying something is balanced under very strict criteria is just like saying it is not actually balanced. The warrior still needs some balancing.

I haven't played a Paladin too much in OBT, so I can't--and didn't--say much about it's actual balance. What I did say was their heal in BST was Brilliant and made it impossible for them to die. They were their own pocket healer. A Paladin should have the role of a tank, if they choose, and that should not mean they are their own healer. (Yes, heals can be used as a form of damage mitigation but this game isn't even close to that complexity so it should be left as a separate healing role.)

They need to more clearly refine the class roles--the changes to the paladin heal have made it so the paladin is not a healer. Now they need to modify the Shadowmage so it has a clearly defined healing role, and a clearly defined damage role.

Saying one class is just right and the rest are underpowered also doesn't make sense--that isn't how balancing works. From your past posts you seem very bright Rekikyo, but your communication seems to put big clouds around the points you're trying to make--or in the understanding of other peoples' posts. If you would take some extra time to understand a post before responding or make your post understandable I think you would be a very valuable person to improving this game going forward, just my honest opinion.  

The simplest question to counter what you are surmising here is this:

Do your complaints occur because of PVE, or because of PVP?
If the answer is PVE, then in regards to PVE SM can kill well, heal well, and tank well, but Sorc cannot (Squishy/no heals/exp leeched by element), Paladin cannot (1 aoe, skills more aimed at survival, killing undead; basically single target grind even with a healer), Warrior can (with a Healer, Warriors can currently outdamage SM's relative to aoes, and attack speed.), This would imply that SM is fair for PVE, but others need work.

If the answer is PVP, then I would consider SM's overpowered. If SM's are the primary pvp killer, the primary healer, and the highest HP, the longest lasting undying class, this is where I would state that SM's need a nerf. Atm, this is not the complaint I see. The pvp dynamic actually is in favor of Warriors in pvp. SM's low health makes them very vulnerable in pvp, and a warrior can exploit that. A Paladin can also exploit it, and they excel in 1v1 combat. Sorcs have it rough in pvp. They have an offensive lineup, but they have difficulty getting it off because of their weak HP and defense parameters.

I can't personally claim pvp is why SM's are different than other classes. I have seen SM's die ALOT in pvp. And the person who creates the most fear in pvp is not an SM. I have seen Paladins survive insane situations as well. So in my book, the inequality lies in PVE. And in PVE, the complaint would be more biased toward classes being underpowered.

Advertisement

godofsmoke420

Rank 0
PostedJan 25, 2013 2:53 am
Tactus wrote:
I think the paladin heal change was exactly what needed to be done. I played a paladin in BST and being able to constantly heal and never die is fun, but it is OP. So far the only argument against this that I've seen has bee "I'm not OP anymore, change it back please." Not a very valid argument. Granted level 1 and level 2 cool-downs could be slightly reduced.

Shadowmage needs to be fixed. Currently they can Hybrid WAY too effectively and they are by far the most OP class. I would suggest splitting their stats so damage skills are only effective with INT and heal skills are only effective with WIS. By doing this you'll still be able to Hybrid but not as effectively as going INT for damage and WIS for healing.

INT and STR stats need to be adjusted. They don't feel like they have any use at all. As things currently are I could level up to 42 without using a single stat point and be just as effective as someone with full STR or INT--this just isn't right. If this is as designed, then why let us put stat points in as we level? Just automatically assign them for players so they don't notice they don't have an effect.

Warriors need to be seriously looked at. I don't agree with most people that Warrior should be the most OP class, but they are currently very lacking in everything.

Swords/Broadswords are very broken. At level 1 a single hand sword is of course lower level damage than a two hand sword. However, somewhere around level 10, this switches. To which, my only response can be .... what? No.. seriously.... what?  

ppl like you are why the paladin sucks do you really want ever class to suck and cant be played have you played with a paladin at all? stupid ppl saying a class that had nothing wrong with it is what is making this game "suck" to play pls STFU about making every class weaker at end game things are way harder i doubt you got to end game yet!

PS sorry about this rage but im so sick of ppl asking each class to be weaker but the one they play

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedJan 29, 2013 9:22 pm
Something I do Dislike about OB is the changes to Ressurection scrolls and Town Portal Scrolls.

In ST/CB, Both of these items had no Recharge time and no Cooldown, so players found them useful.

Now, the town portal Scrolls have a longer recharge time than the Town Portal Stones!

Not only that, they have a 10 second cast time now.

Neither is convenient, or useful at its cost.

I dont mind having a cast time/recharge time, but they should not be 10 seconds/30 minutes. Maybe 3 seconds/10 Minutes.