CookinDanger

Rank 4
CookinDanger
PostedJan 19, 2013 2:12 pm
Dannydenny wrote:
I don't know why all games are slowly developed. Maybe it has to do with the financial crisis, no budget for adding more developers to the team. I also have a feeling that most mmorpg's are not that profitable at all. The whole free to play model may be better than pay 2 play in terms of cash flow, but still not worth the investment.  

''I don't know'' defines your whole post

Advertisement

notIyeru

Rank 0
notIyeru
PostedJan 29, 2013 11:47 am
My "GUESS" is that CBT will come out early-mid this year.

qawsar

Rank 5
qawsar
PostedJan 29, 2013 1:12 pm
Dannydenny wrote:
I don't know why all games are slowly developed. Maybe it has to do with the financial crisis, no budget for adding more developers to the team. I also have a feeling that most mmorpg's are not that profitable at all. The whole free to play model may be better than pay 2 play in terms of cash flow, but still not worth the investment.  

Most MMORPG's that go into the commercial phase are profitable, the length of time they are profitable depends on a lot of things though. Nowadays the P2P model is dieng and games that are P2P tend to go into an F2P model, and it's definitely a better model, in terms of profit. Most P2P players tend to hate F2P models because of 2 things:

1. They pay more on an F2P game because they don't have a set amount to spend.
2. Games that go F2P in NA are usually published by horrible P2W companies.

I'd say if a company could stop going P2W then F2P is better in every way. However, near a games death, and every game does die, it goes P2W. Luckily for Aeria, that happens pretty late for most of their games, and it's not exactly P2W for a lot of their games because Aeria has a huge player base.

Now with all that answered, this game is probably one of the fastest well developed games out there. Games take a lot of time to develop, so that's why I guess you could say "all games develop slowly". But really they all take an average amount of time.

My guess for when this game will come out is still around April. CBT atleast.

Charlon

Rank 3
Charlon
PostedJan 29, 2013 2:18 pm
I agree with qawsar on this, why? If I remember correctly, Aeria said they received the rights in an early stage within the development of LO. Looking for someone to blaim? Blaim the developers for wanting to advertise too early, imop.

Second, if the newer people on this forum have actually read the updates, they would know that the developers actually took the comments of the players at heart and decided to change some things.. actually, lots of things.. Basicly you can say they made LO twice in a few years.. Isn't that amazing? :p Give them some credits ^^

P.S.: This is not specific directed to the starter of this topic, nor is this an attempt to attack anyone that has ever asked about a date for cbt or anything related to news to the game. I just wanted to share this, because I got the feeling lots of people either forget or don't know about these details Smile I just want to make some things clear ^^