aminru

Rank 2
aminru
PostedDec 23, 2012 10:00 pm
Rekikyo wrote:

I'd say about 25% of the time I had a low heal. More often than not I healed 900-1200. But every once in awhile at around 1100 hp left, I'd get this 688 heal that didn't fill my hp bar. My higher heals however, quite often filled my hp, so I dont quite know my exact maximum.

And my gear was not Dodge linked in the end. It was 1 piece Mattack, 4 pieces Crit +30, Defense +40 on all, 3 pieces Con +5 2 pieces Int +5 and staff had a defense +30 in 4th slot.  

The ones in italics matches my report somewhat, so I'll believe it. I think your maximum heal would be 1200 following the information provided. If you had Critical Heal, you'd probably be throwing 1700s left and right.

25% of the time you get 600hp heal? Well, there goes my theory. I don't believe that you are healing for a critical 1200 75% of the time when you do critical damage 33% of the time.

But then, if you "More often than not I healed 900-1200.", then heal criticals may not exist in this game. Well, it wouldn't really matter to me whether it did, truthfully, because I don't like having to rely on a heal to critically, uh... heal, someone. It'd be nice if it did, but I don't want to rely on such a feature. Said critical is better off on damage dealing. :/

The ones in bold, however... I think I can safely declare that part as a bug. I don't know how you can even pull that off, to be honest. I've never once had a heal go for less than about 900 unless the target receiving my heals had less than 900hp missing.

Sehlyet wrote:
Just putting it out there. my sorceress with exactly 1.3k m atk healed my elemental summon for about 800 i want to say there were some 1k+ heals but i cant be sure and the modifier for the level 1 heal which i used was 200-300 i believe possibly 250-350 but i am certain it wasn't higher.

1300/5= 260 even using the high end of 350 i should only heal 610 and im sure i never healed less then 750ish. its possible that the elemental heal works differently then shadowmage heal though besides the obvious can only heal summon.  

Probably. Since your sorceress' matk is even higher than Amaranth, if that skill uses the same formula as shadowmage's heals, you shouldn't be healing for 800s. Probably something like 1100~1300. But then, the average sorceress' water elemental's health might also be a factor into "underpowering" that skill, for a lack of better wording.

Maybe the heal gain is a percentage of your matk? Or maybe a ratio of 8heal:10matk? At the very least, I don't think Amaranth's 1heal:5matk ratio is accurate; it's a bit too low. I'm more than convinced that 600 heal Amaranth is getting here and there is a bug, because I have, not even once, healed for less than about 900hp unless the target receiving my heals had less than 900hp missing. I've never seen any of my heals do like... 550. Ever.
Advertisement

chathy90

Rank 0
PostedJan 29, 2013 12:44 am
My toughts about shadowmage Embarassed
I think shadowmage supposed to be hybrid mage/priest (class name says it all "shadow mage") class not just some booring "healer" spamming heals and buffs lol many times i have seen new games and players fighting what is overpowered and at the end class have been totally destroyed *.* I see lot of potential with this class and i hope this class will not going to be some handicapped healer.I dont believe about class nerfs etc if some class is seriously overpowered they should improve "underpowered" classes not destroy that good one....
And sorry my english can be bad sometimes

giobbolino wrote:
shadowmage need to be equilibrate, in solo a shadowmage can tank,heal and dps.
if we suppose its an healer/buffs class he doesnt need all the aoe, dot and damage skills he has, maybe he can has resurrection skill and something else inherent healing classes.
he should has healing skills and buffs skill, and some damage skills but not the aoe and dot.
in the CBT he was the strongest class capable to get an intere room in the temple at lvl 3 in solo... came on its a mage guys! i've never seen something like that in all the games i have played  

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedJan 29, 2013 1:46 am
chathy90 wrote:
My toughts about shadowmage Embarassed
I think shadowmage supposed to be hybrid mage/priest (class name says it all "shadow mage") class not just some booring "healer" spamming heals and buffs lol many times i have seen new games and players fighting what is overpowered and at the end class have been totally destroyed *.* I see lot of potential with this class and i hope this class will not going to be some handicapped healer.I dont believe about class nerfs etc if some class is seriously overpowered they should improve "underpowered" classes not destroy that good one....
And sorry my english can be bad sometimes

You said it fine. I believe SM is the one class that is balanced. Warrior is a close second (has no heals, which make it single directional). Sorc needs some definite buffing, and Paladin lacks for offensive ability, but has great defensive ability.

So I absolutely agree. Buffing the other classes would make for awesome pvp ^^.

annsachd

Rank 1
annsachd
PostedJan 29, 2013 5:44 am
Imo I believe basing heals off of Intelligence balances the class out quite nicely. It's also something I've not seem before in games and have to admit I enjoy it. If you think about it, basing heals off wisdom would be a bit unfair for other classes in a PVP sense. A lot of SMs I have spoken to have gone with con/wis build, which would leave opponents with SMs with loads of HP/MP and healing power, should healing power be based off WIS.

Like an EMP "go play Solitaire it requires no skill or emotion to play"

blackdeath101

GameSage: Forum
blackdeath101
PostedJan 29, 2013 7:18 am
Please do not bump old threads.

Locked.