seraphixion

Rank 0
PostedJan 23, 2013 9:13 pm

Combo help

So how exactly are combos initiated?

I'm asking because I have lost some times even with almost 1-2k more attack and it seems to be the problem with combos.

Also, what does combo level do and is it worth it to raise it high? Thanks for all help in advance =)
Advertisement

Nspear

Rank 0
Nspear
PostedJan 29, 2013 1:55 am
I'm having the same question too Sad

Lost a couple to the combo's

Mia.Skye

Rank 0
Mia.Skye
PostedJan 29, 2013 2:56 pm
I wish I knew at the moment. It's really hard to test the effects of combos and combo level because there are too many variables in brawl, including normal ATK and DEF disparities, pirate types (corsair, gypsy, bounty hunter, monster), and cover fire. Also the 8 hour brawl cooldown on a specific target outside of GvG is somewhat of a hindrance if you want multiple trials.

I'll hopefully get to testing it and solving it soon though.

GearsOfFate

Rank 0
GearsOfFate
PostedJan 30, 2013 1:21 am   Last edited by GearsOfFate on Jan 30, 2013 1:30 am. Edited 1 time in total
there are 7 different combos: saucy, dandy, fierce, one that i forget the name of, bellator, maquina, and sanctus.

combos can be initiated by certain cards that match the criteria. the higher the combo level of a card (max 200) the higher chance the combo will activate.

Dandy, fierce, and the one i forget because i rarely use gun cards:
these are the combos related to card icon types. the staff icon can activate dandy, even pixies can activate it, though their combo levels are generally so low that they won't affect it. the sword icon activates fierce, and the gun icon activates the one i don't remember.

These combos are activated by having two or more of those card types, and can activate multiple times on different cards, though not multiple times on a single card. These seem to boost atk/def by roughly 5%

bellator, maquina, and sanctus combos:
these combos are activated by having two or more of the same nation's card in the battle. I have not seen an unafiliated combo come up yet. These tend to activate easier than the previous combos, but have far less impact on a card's stats, something along the lines of 2-3% boosts.

Finally, there is Saucy combo:
This combo only seems to activate rarely on high combo level cards. It activates on all pirate types from what i've seen, as long as their combo is high enough. I most see it when calling in my guild master's athena as it is maxed combo level. This combo gives a huge boost, though i can't pinpoint the actual value. it lies somewhere in the 10-20% range, and can drastically change a fight.

I hope that helps!

Edit: Forgot to mention, combo level also affects the rate a skill activates, and the chance of it affecting another card. (i.e. athena's leviathan activates, yet a combo level 20 akira doesn't get the boost from the skill as it's combo level was so low that it has a rare chance of being affected.)

GearsOfFate

Rank 0
GearsOfFate
PostedJan 30, 2013 1:27 am
Mia.Skye wrote:
I wish I knew at the moment. It's really hard to test the effects of combos and combo level because there are too many variables in brawl, including normal ATK and DEF disparities, pirate types (corsair, gypsy, bounty hunter, monster), and cover fire. Also the 8 hour brawl cooldown on a specific target outside of GvG is somewhat of a hindrance if you want multiple trials.

I'll hopefully get to testing it and solving it soon though.  

These affect the brawl too, though just the atk of your cards and not the def values. You gain a 5% boost/loss depending on the types. corsair > gypsy > bounty hunter > corsair, and all > monster. (despite all this, athena with the 5% decrease is still stronger on a skill activate than any other card, including ebony with the bonus.)

seraphixion

Rank 0
PostedJan 30, 2013 10:30 pm
Thanks a lot! Very informative guide that answered everything =)