sutirem

Rank 0
sutirem
PostedJan 28, 2013 8:47 am
Lancer Black ermahgerd! must have it!

Btw... I hope the prices on EU shop wont be so high.

I approve this profile.
Advertisement

TheNinjaKitten

Rank 5
TheNinjaKitten
PostedJan 28, 2013 9:06 am
Naduron1 wrote:
Ievikokonoe wrote:
Korean cash shops have always been pay to win. But if it was like that for western people will cry all day lol  

Tactics said SB will use the same cashshop as the QB has.  

tactics didn't say that, in fact he said the opposite.

Anyone who has played games from Europe, mainly Korea, then played their alternative Western counter part, knows that the cash shops are very different.

Pay to win goes quite well over there, but it does not here in the slightest.

If you're going to take anything from this thread, let it simply be that those items exist somewhere.

lestat_anil

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
lestat_anil
PostedJan 28, 2013 9:31 am
Naduron1 wrote:

Actually, the only thing that tactics has really said so far was:
tactics wrote:
Gacha systems are a part of every F2P game, and will exist in many different forms for Scarlet Blade in the US, as is the case with all of Aeria's games. That said, our PM team for Scarlet Blade is very well-experienced with managing F2P games in the Western Market, and we understand the differences between it and the Eastern Market. If you'd like some evidence of this, you can see how Eden Eternal was while I managed it (June 2011 through March 2012), or how Grand Fantasia was while Pufferfish managed it (March 2012 through November 2012). You will note that both Gacha systems and outright release availability of special items are both key parts of their overall strategies.

In short: Scarlet Blade will have Gacha systems, but they will not be severely limited as they may sometimes be in the Eastern Market, because our players in the Western Market do not respond well to this strategy. Outright releases are just as important to the Western Market as Gacha systems are. The freedom to choose how we want to participate is an important thing around here Smile

Thanks for your feedback, and please try not to worry about the Item Mall. We still have some time, and must first get through Alpha and Beta before the Item Mall will be available.  

Gacha = the silver cubes, btw.

Goewolfgg

Legendary Founder: Scarlet Blade
Goewolfgg
PostedJan 28, 2013 9:41 am
Sounds like a godawful idea, if super gacha are illegal in Japan it probably shouldn't be apart of your cash shop...

kittymix

Rank 3
kittymix
PostedJan 28, 2013 9:45 am
Oh god, why do they have to be TIME LIMIT bag expansions?! Aeria please give us permanent bag expansions instead.

lingu023

Rank 2
lingu023
PostedJan 28, 2013 10:52 am
TheNinjaKitten wrote:
Naduron1 wrote:
Ievikokonoe wrote:
Korean cash shops have always been pay to win. But if it was like that for western people will cry all day lol  

tactics didn't say that, in fact he said the opposite.

Anyone who has played games from Europe, mainly Korea, then played their alternative Western counter part, knows that the cash shops are very different.

Pay to win goes quite well over there, but it does not here in the slightest.

If you're going to take anything from this thread, let it simply be that those items exist somewhere.  

Seems random to me. I mean, Sword Girls cash shop is worse in the west than in Korea. Tera's cash shop is going to be the same here as in Korea. It would simply be pure chance if Scarlet Blade cash shop was cheaper than Korea.

And while Pay 2 Win is the definition of a dead horse, it is also something I wish companies would stop bothering to worry about. It is just freeloaders in general complaining that a person who has an honest job and contribute to society has a chance to compete with their 18 hour a day gaming sessions in mom's basement. It is about time we teach them that getting a proper job is their best way to enjoying games, rather than leech of society.

Naturally I do not agree with the true Pay 2 Win design, which is selling items on the cash shop that are stronger than normal items and not available in the game even on auction houses. But over 80% of the P2W complainers think being able to buy anything but cosmetics is unfair, because they don't care about cosmetics and they want everything for free.

There, done beating the horse. I hope it is dead.

voodoo_papa

Rank 0
voodoo_papa
PostedMar 17, 2013 4:49 pm
Good info
Im debating of buying a founders pack or waiting til the cash shop opens and spending my 100$ there. Only thing that interests me is the bike and pet. I usually dont spend money on rentals and consumables.

Patchix75

Rank 0
PostedMar 17, 2013 5:11 pm
They all seem ok.... except for 2 things.

"Forging" success rate increase

and

HP+SP boost. Or any boost that increases your stats.

The pet thing is fine, bike thing is fine, thats all expected to be cash shop anyways... same with exp boosts.

The bag extension thing too actually... I hate when games do this... why do they 1. give you a super limited inventory in the first place but also 2. make you PAY for extra inventory space? Why? If it was a reasonable inventory space, fine. But most games, give you the limited amount of space that still lets you hold the items you need....

Kiralyn2000

Rank 0
Kiralyn2000
PostedMar 17, 2013 6:13 pm
kittymix wrote:
Oh god, why do they have to be TIME LIMIT bag expansions?! Aeria please give us permanent bag expansions instead.  

This.

The idea of having my storage space collapse on me if I miss a deadline (or having to pay constantly for it - I've never bought any game's time-limited items) is terrible. And what happens to your stuff if your pack ends up overfull?

And now that I've got a character in the 20's, the "lots of space" that one expansion seemed like at lv10 isn't very much at all. (between all the various potions, passcards, teleporters, bike/pet/mech/cyberskin..... lots of stuff you end up carrying around.)

zennii

Rank 0
zennii
PostedMar 17, 2013 10:14 pm
I really hope that the game won't end up THAT pay to win...

and just for clarity, are the pets and backpack slots available in permanent mode?