jadethan

Rank 0
PostedJan 26, 2013 7:57 pm

Keep getting this message when i open the launcher!

Launcher not updating keeps stopping and following message pops up.
_Launcher
Please e-mail bug %s to bug@\n^file:char\animation\C.kf
CRC:2948431964 checksum error (953639275 != 49120496)
Advertisement

Royeltee

GameSage: Eden Eternal
Royeltee
PostedJan 26, 2013 8:12 pm
Try this:

Checksum Error

Code:
---------------------------
_Launcher
---------------------------
Please e-mail bug %s to bug@\n? file:char\animation\K.kf CRC:3134109788 checksum error (634273285 != 45065480)

Checksum errors occur when the launcher scans the Eden files and they do not come back as expected. Sometimes this is caused by patching too early or problems on the patch server itself.

If you are experiencing checksum errors please try the following;
  1. Try executing a full scan by using the fullcheck.bat file located in the Eden Eternal installation folder (Default C:\AeriaGames\EdenEternal). This will force the launcher to load into full scan, it might possibly find and replace the file causing the checksum error.
  2. Delete the following files from the Eden Eternal installation folder (Default C:\AeriaGames\EdenEternal). Be sure to make a backup copy of them first.
    -GameDataFileList.txt
    -GameDataFileList_old.txt
    -GameDataTranslateFileList.txt
    -GameDataTranslateFileList_old.txt

And the following folder if present
    -new_gamedata

Then try starting the game again to see if it progresses.
  3. Reinstall Eden Eternal. If you used a CB installation try using a newer installation file from the Download page.

jadethan

Rank 0
PostedJan 28, 2013 5:01 am
It suddenly worked yesterday and I went on a played a while then when I went to go on again today it started downloading everything again and kept bringing up the checksum error so i did as you have said but it didn't work and i downloaded it from the website not CB.