TheDiseased2

Rank 5
TheDiseased2
Eating all your cookies in NSW, Australia
PostedJan 28, 2013 1:23 am
iBambi wrote:
Or just make lovers auto join the same team.  

Only trouble with that is FA/WS considering most high levels have lovers it would not really work out
Advertisement

iBambi

Rank 5
iBambi
PostedJan 28, 2013 1:24 am
TheDiseased2 wrote:
iBambi wrote:

Only trouble with that is FA/WS considering most high levels have lovers it would not really work out  

I can't remember last time I played in a full arena.. someone just have to live without buffs for a match then. Not like devs will ever implement that anyway.

TheDiseased2

Rank 5
TheDiseased2
Eating all your cookies in NSW, Australia
PostedJan 28, 2013 1:39 am
iBambi wrote:
TheDiseased2 wrote:
iBambi wrote:

I can't remember last time I played in a full arena.. someone just have to live without buffs for a match then. Not like devs will ever implement that anyway.  

Good point

Zen_Hikari

Rank 2
Zen_Hikari
PostedJan 28, 2013 2:22 am

Re: So how's PVP? Let's talk.

Dead.
silentplayer1 wrote:

Stackin:
Arena Locks:
Mid game join:

Stacking: LOL no. This would majorly upset the balance of arena and kill it even more. The about of RQing from the 40 bracket would be UNBELIEVEABLE. And it would hurt the nubsnubs to the point of no returnbecause it wouldnt be fun AT ALL (without some luck). Having a problem with teamwork usay? Well try talking to your team. Humans have this speical thing called communication, leting them recive help when needed. If they cant speek english pull up a translater or RQ or wish for more luck next game.

Locks: Meh, this one really depends on the bracket. It would work well for 40 but after that.. meh Would kill off the already limping 50, chance to finish 60 if they dont like WS and i dont think they could run EA, 70 would be decent with an EA/FA switch but WS would be a nogo.

MidGame: I would honestly love to see this one. As everyone knows, some brackets have a bit of an RQ problem. In arenas that are 5/5 this could have a big impact on your results! Poopy player or not they still could change the tide of battle. Not only that, then maybe people wont have to have there game cut short from RQers cus more people whould join before the game ends! Ive played a game were you can get banned for leaving a game (ofc that is way to harsh tho) But leaving directly affects the other players in the 5v5 games. Only problem with this i see is someone leaving on one char, then joining on another to get the edge. So maybe we can get a system that stops people from joining the same arena on that account (but that would need deves wouldnt it?)

If you want more arena i believe the key might live in the raits of Fortifacation and Oclay (at least in 40)
Endrantgnight.

ston102

Rank 0
ston102
PostedJan 28, 2013 3:08 am
The only way pvp is ever going to be active again is to ask some questions. where is everyone,what went wrong and how to get them back.unless these questions are not answered then x.x.i dont see the problem base at pvp level but at game level.players must first be active to get pvp to start and be active.

I MEAN NO DISRESPECT TO ANYONE I JUST TELL IT AS IT IS

wizardmerlin

Rank 2
wizardmerlin
PostedJan 28, 2013 3:34 am
If there is a known fear locking prophet/saint in arena I won't play. Fix the fear locking issue and I'm sure more will play.

Fear is fine but to fear lock a person or whole party for the duration of arena is just stupid.
It removes the ability for that player to play. Don't care if I get killed 100x I'm still playing. Fear locked you can't move or do anything. Don't tell me to wear a sleep cape, it lasts 4 sec's and fear lasts 6 and a prophet that has max cast speed casts instantly so there is 0 time to do anything. Even if you could, they will just find you again and lock you again.
Change it from charge based to cool down or put a timer of some sort on it so they can't perma lock players.

Lover stacking is cool other than that No.

More incentives are much needed. With Yellow sets and Alch sets one can get by without a pvp set. Do not take incentives as putting in more blueprints or mats for gear. That just upsets those that don't want to pvp. Forcing players to pvp to improve their char is just dumb. Not everyone likes or wants to do pvp. Some just want to do dungeon runs all day.

Mid game join can be abused.
Team A is winning because they have 3 WL/DKs and 2 DMON/SL
Team B is losing because they have 3 AM/Ava 1 Temp/Cru 1 Mystic/Shaman

Team B has an AM drop out and they relog to their Twinked WS and change the tides of the game. Not cool, can't control it, WS is on a different account, and timeouts won't matter.

feilidxy

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
feilidxy
PostedJan 28, 2013 4:03 am
Prolly never gonna happen but I'd suggest a AP system for joining AND staying in arena until the end. Something like 1AP per 2 game, 70AP per 100 games, 500AP per 500 games for 90 arena with less given in every bracket so 30 would end up with something like 1AP per 10games. Naturally this would lead to afks in arena so add incentive and give 1AP per x amount of wins which will at least encourage activeness to a certain level.

shdwhate

Rank 1
shdwhate
PostedJan 28, 2013 4:56 am
wizardmerlin wrote:
If there is a known fear locking prophet/saint in arena I won't play. Fix the fear locking issue and I'm sure more will play.

Fear is fine but to fear lock a person or whole party for the duration of arena is just stupid.
It removes the ability for that player to play. Don't care if I get killed 100x I'm still playing. Fear locked you can't move or do anything. Don't tell me to wear a sleep cape, it lasts 4 sec's and fear lasts 6 and a prophet that has max cast speed casts instantly so there is 0 time to do anything. Even if you could, they will just find you again and lock you again.
Change it from charge based to cool down or put a timer of some sort on it so they can't perma lock players.

Lover stacking is cool other than that No.

More incentives are much needed. With Yellow sets and Alch sets one can get by without a pvp set. Do not take incentives as putting in more blueprints or mats for gear. That just upsets those that don't want to pvp. Forcing players to pvp to improve their char is just dumb. Not everyone likes or wants to do pvp. Some just want to do dungeon runs all day.

Mid game join can be abused.
Team A is winning because they have 3 WL/DKs and 2 DMON/SL
Team B is losing because they have 3 AM/Ava 1 Temp/Cru 1 Mystic/Shaman

Team B has an AM drop out and they relog to their Twinked WS and change the tides of the game. Not cool, can't control it, WS is on a different account, and timeouts won't matter.  

i agree with the fear locking. it is a skill, yes. but it is a highly abused skill, that does cause arena ends. noone likes to get locked the whole time. i dont say take it away from them, just yeah, give it a cool down, so that it cant be spammed, till players rq. i think maybe a 8-10 seconds cool down would work. thats what other classes op skills get, like zerk/wl/dk bull charge. im fine with lover stacking, and small group stacking. not full on parties. mid game join would get abused, so no it, or atleast, some kind of restriction to it. as for incentives, give us better costumes, maybe some fort items, nothing like mfi 3-7, or ss3, just like, lucky fort clavers and such. dont put mats. DO NOT put mats. would cause more issues if players who hate pvp had to pvp to get the armor they want. and the arena lock is cool. seems like it would be a good way to get some change.

Retired

masterwinstonx

Rank 3
masterwinstonx
PostedJan 28, 2013 5:03 am
feilidxy wrote:
Prolly never gonna happen but I'd suggest a AP system for joining AND staying in arena until the end. Something like 1AP per 2 game, 70AP per 100 games, 500AP per 500 games for 90 arena with less given in every bracket so 30 would end up with something like 1AP per 10games. Naturally this would lead to afks in arena so add incentive and give 1AP per x amount of wins which will at least encourage activeness to a certain level.  

To bounce a bit off this idea....The Bonus shop...every month we can turn our fame into Bonus Shop Points...Not to say 50k = 50k bonus points but some sort of exchange. Now if someone hits 50k earlier the month they can say RT it. (at beginning this will be hard but once the flow is started it becomes easier as it progresses)

Now IF this is even possible YAY barely any dev involvement as we have the bonus shop sort of..(maybe they need to be involve to populate it)

Now for what can be inside the Shop. I recommend NT items. NT AP Items...a full list could be created if such an idea would ever work. Also fame items like lost power...things we need in game that we are too lazy to farm. If we can pvp for them instead...id rather stab someone for lost power then sit and click 2 keys at mobs.. I can populate a full list of items if this idea is possible and would easily help any work on such a project. We might as well use this shop for something. ALSO NOTE: DO NOT SELL THIS BONUS SHOP CURRENCY IN AP SPENDERS. I see it on EE theirs serves a different purpose, ours will be PvP related let us make ours work to our advantage and help spark even a little pvp.

roaring_goat

Rank 0
roaring_goat
PostedJan 28, 2013 5:07 am
Stacking - this would be nice IF we had like 100 equally geared players for each bracket at every moment of the day. We don't, at least not all brackets do, and every other possibility leads to boring, one-sided arenas (yes, even with just lover stack).
Arena Locks - ok for 40 and 70. Every other bracket would result in having one or two days without the possibility to enter arena.
Mid game join - Yes! Yesyesyes! Why don't we have it? Also, I would like to see again how many/which arenas are going on, and how many players there are in each one.