demona01

Rank 0
demona01
PostedJan 18, 2013 10:54 pm

No joy from Tapjoy

Not getting gold from Tapjoy
Been taking advantage of Tapjoy with another game when I noticed that Pirate Maidens was on there as well - awesome - free gold!

I tried a couple of games to score some coins and even though I logged in, played through the demos and even knocked out the first level or three, I received no gold for Pirate Maidens.

Anyone else tried and have you had any luck?
Advertisement

GMDetonation

GameMaster: USA
GMDetonation
PostedJan 19, 2013 2:58 pm
Please use the Didn't get gold link in Tapjoy. They are handling this promotion and can assist you with it.

This promotion has nothing to do with Aeria Games or Pirate Maidens.

We apologize for the confusion.

demona01

Rank 0
demona01
PostedJan 20, 2013 8:00 pm
Yup - sent them a help request but was wondering if anyone else was having problems with them.

tcresine

Rank 0
PostedJan 23, 2013 12:37 pm
I've completed about 8 offers so far from them, hours later, no gold. I think they are a big scam. If you google it, you'll find that they always claim that they credited you even though they never did.

Pretty much owned their default response

Hello,

I'd like to include a reference to ticket 1836431 also, which describes a number of offers I completed that have not been fulfilled. My current gold count, before ever using your services was 15 gold. Currently it remains at this value. I can also verify that all products that cost gold and gold purchase bundles have values of multiples of 10 or 5. With this being said, there is irrefutable evidence that it is virtually impossible for my account to have ever been credited an amount such as 72. Therefore, any changes to my in game gold balance would have resulted in a value with the first digit of 7 or 2 only, which is undeniably not the case. I beg to differ, but your system may be erroneous.

Kind regards

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 4:11 PM, Tapjoy Mobile Support <mobilehelp@tapjoy.com> wrote:
Hello,

Our records indicate that your device has already been awarded 72 virtual currency in the app Pirate Maidens.

If you have any questions about this, feel free to respond to this email.

Thanks,
Tapjoy Support

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: 1834860

Goes to show exactly the kind of services they offer to their customers Wink

demona01

Rank 0
demona01
PostedJan 23, 2013 10:39 pm
No response from them yet - guess they aren't even pretending to try anymore.

m472

Rank 0
m472
PostedJan 24, 2013 7:06 am
Upon seeing this topic, I decided to try tapjoy myself, and as expected I didn't get any gold. I did contact their support about this, and after 2-3 messages, (one being very similar to the one above,) my ticket was "escalated" to their next level support team, who sent this:

Hello,

I apologize for the inconvenience caused.

We have identified that, there is a delivery issue with the credits for the app 'Pirate Maidens'. We have notified the publisher about the same, we will get back to you as soon we get an update from them.

I appreciate your patience and participation in our offers. Have a pleasant day!

Regards,

James Miller
Tapjoy Customer Support  

Also known as Nobody or Sinematic.

tcresine

Rank 0
PostedJan 25, 2013 5:44 am
thanks for that update there. I got an escalation notice too, but never heard anything of that sorts. Good to know, i'll be checking up with them, they owe me about 800 gold or so LOL.

demona01

Rank 0
demona01
PostedJan 26, 2013 2:34 am
m472 wrote:
Upon seeing this topic, I decided to try tapjoy myself, and as expected I didn't get any gold. I did contact their support about this, and after 2-3 messages, (one being very similar to the one above,) my ticket was "escalated" to their next level support team, who sent this:

Hello,

I apologize for the inconvenience caused.

We have identified that, there is a delivery issue with the credits for the app 'Pirate Maidens'. We have notified the publisher about the same, we will get back to you as soon we get an update from them.

I appreciate your patience and participation in our offers. Have a pleasant day!

Regards,

James Miller
Tapjoy Customer Support  

Sounds like they're simply trying to pass the buck (gold?) and blame the app - "don't be angry at us, we're not the bad people - please send your hate mail to the meanies at your app for not letting us send you free gold."