Author Message

LadyBorderlinex

Rank 5
Joined
03 Dec 2009
Posts
4155
Location
Zimbabwe
PostedJan 15, 2013 9:12 pm

Queen of Unnecessarily Long Youtube Videos Used To Report Multi-clienting
Advertisement

esmorax

Rank 4
esmorax
Joined
29 May 2009
Posts
2947
Location
Netherlands
PostedJan 16, 2013 4:25 am

Re: Esmorax's word to everyone.

Especially Gm's and Nemesis.
TheNinjaKitten wrote:
It is not partly your responsibility, it is fully your responsibility. The GMs are not responsible for incompetence.

Scamming in a game is not illegal nor is it against the ToS. If it was, under that logic, I should be going to jail for murder every time I kill another player. This makes 80% of your post invalid (including the ToS quote). The ToS is referring to actual laws that exist in the real world, however, here is a relevant ToS quote:

ToS - 14. Acknowledgements (e) wrote:
You may not hold AGE responsible for any loss resulting from in- game trading activities. You may not hold AGE responsible for any information that is passed between players. AGE does not guarantee the safe keeping of information that is passed between players and will not be held responsible for any resulting losses or consequences arising from the improper use of said information. You may not hold AGE responsible for any in-game feature or item loss. AGE does not guarantee the availability of any in-game items, any Services or any levels to players.  


As stated by multiple people already, they do indeed punish scammers if your proof is definitive enough and/or the person gets reported multiple times (in my experience). Though the fact is they don't have to, per the ToS.

However my suggestion would be to not get scammed in the first place. If you do, it's no ones fault but your own.  


I can understand your opinion.
However, whenever it would be you, as the victim, trust me.. Things will seem different..

Furthermore, I do not

Also, your logic doesn't quite go up in my honest opinion...
Because, you are comparing.. how to say it.. girls and tanks?
Killing is a substantial part in this game.
I bet scamming isn't. Killing, or as we all know it as PVP, is a feature this game offers. Without it there would hardly be anything left of it.
Scamming however is a entire different matter... It is not a part of the game nor was it ever intended to be. It does not add anything it rather destroys the good community.

I am not saying anyone is obliged to do anything against these culprits.. I am just giving my honest opinion about this matter as well as makeing suggestions and raising some questions.

I am also not blaming anyone or anything.. All I'm trying to do is explain my findings to everyone that wants to know..

My proof provided was, as much as I think, definitive.. clearly showing screenshots as well as video's.. Yet still I haven't got the slightest confirmation of justice so far..

Regards,

esmorax


@ulldis: nope.

@TS2reporter: I c what u mean.. It is a pity indeed that most players don't want to make the slightest effort in contributing to a better game.

@fdghj: I couldn't agree with u more.. :/

@stratovator: thx bro. It's a real pain.. I can't deny that.

@raducioiubogdan: Good to hear Smile

@LordRapthorne: as fdghj said before.. It would be awesome if there could be little mroe transparancy about that..

@LadyBorderlinex: lol..

Devotion Fujin(R.I.P TS1)/Nemesis Fujin G12 R6.(esmorax)Guild: NoRemorse Tag:Esmo. Wolf Team.(Ex0tic)Rank: silver bar+Pride: TheLaw Status: Retired *Mess with the Best, Die like the Rest* **H.A.T.E.R.S= Having Anger Towards Everyone Reaching Succes.**

TheNinjaKitten

Rank 5
TheNinjaKitten
Joined
28 May 2011
Posts
4136
Location
United States
PostedJan 16, 2013 8:49 am

Re: Esmorax's word to everyone.

Especially Gm's and Nemesis.
esmorax wrote:
I can understand your opinion.
However, whenever it would be you, as the victim, trust me.. Things will seem different..  

Basing defensive points off assumptions does not help your argument. I've been an avid MMOer for nearly 15 years, I've certainly been scammed a few times, especially towards the beginning of my MMO experience.

If anything, my experience in those situations show me more how it's due to nothing more than poor personal observation and decision making. When it comes to the term "scam", this is fact, not opinion.


esmorax wrote:
Furthermore, I do not

Also, your logic doesn't quite go up in my honest opinion...
Because, you are comparing.. how to say it.. girls and tanks?
Killing is a substantial part in this game.
I bet scamming isn't. Killing, or as we all know it as PVP, is a feature this game offers. Without it there would hardly be anything left of it.
Scamming however is a entire different matter... It is not a part of the game nor was it ever intended to be. It does not add anything it rather destroys the good community.  

I apologize for not being clear on the reasoning for the example I provided. My purpose was to outline a basic fact: Just because actions in a virtual world reflect similar, real life situations, does not mean federal laws apply to them.


esmorax wrote:
I am not saying anyone is obliged to do anything against these culprits.. I am just giving my honest opinion about this matter as well as makeing suggestions and raising some questions.

I am also not blaming anyone or anything.. All I'm trying to do is explain my findings to everyone that wants to know..  

Your original post implies otherwise, claiming the GMs are not upholding the ToS and rules (which they are obligated to do). I'm glad you no longer feel that way. If you're not trying to 'blame' anyone, it would be best not to use statements such as "partly my own responsibility". This states others are responsible as well.

esmorax wrote:
My proof provided was, as much as I think, definitive.. clearly showing screenshots as well as video's.. Yet still I haven't got the slightest confirmation of justice so far..  

TPJ wrote:
GM will and DO ban scammers but YOU will not be told if ANYTHING happens to them as it is not for you to no about them. Bans are always and will always be between the GM and the person being banned.  



If you got the impression I was challenging your opinions on the matter, I apologize because I am not. My purpose was to point out incorrect information to hopefully widen your perspective a bit.

kingfin

Rank 3
kingfin
Joined
16 Jul 2008
Posts
1573
Location
mars United States
PostedJan 16, 2013 10:37 am
LadyBorderlinex wrote:
 
made my morning!

esmorax

Rank 4
esmorax
Joined
29 May 2009
Posts
2947
Location
Netherlands
PostedJan 23, 2013 10:42 am
kingfin wrote:
LadyBorderlinex wrote:
 
made my morning!  


Lol.. Troll lvl 10.000..

Devotion Fujin(R.I.P TS1)/Nemesis Fujin G12 R6.(esmorax)Guild: NoRemorse Tag:Esmo. Wolf Team.(Ex0tic)Rank: silver bar+Pride: TheLaw Status: Retired *Mess with the Best, Die like the Rest* **H.A.T.E.R.S= Having Anger Towards Everyone Reaching Succes.**

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
Joined
10 Sep 2008
Posts
15073
Location
Balegem, flemish region Belgium
PostedJan 23, 2013 2:38 pm

Re: Esmorax's word to everyone.

Especially Gm's and Nemesis.
esmorax wrote:
Because, you are comparing.. how to say it.. girls and tanks?  


says the person whom compared scamming with killing in a game


esmorax wrote:
Scamming however is a entire different matter... It is not a part of the game nor was it ever intended to be. It does not add anything it rather destroys the good community.  


i could have deleted the last sentence in this quote but i didn't. Don't forget that this game is a reflection of that large group of people behind their computer playing a particular game. There are always rotten apples out of there.

Scamming is not a part of the game, true, but it is a part of the community. And a community is a part of the game. You cannot deny or hide it. it's completely normal. What the GM's can do is to investigate the reports and start up an action (like the cops are doing in RL).
PS: i am not going to talk about their investigations because i also know that most scams are hard to prove and barely get notified for an action due of "problems with proofs"

signature of xybolt
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: