crimsonlily46

Rank 1
crimsonlily46
PostedJan 21, 2013 11:23 am

Grouping for dungeons

What do people expect from you when joining a dungeon? I'm always shy when it comes to mutliplayer gameplay, so I like to know what people expect from me before looking like a clown and etc.

I'm currently 36 and found out that Vileshark HQ gives more class exp than Branda Root and doesn't give me any char exp as I'm too high level.

Am I expected to join when within 5 levels of the dungeon for the char exp or within 10 levels for the class exp? or do others that are within 5 levels gain char exp even if I'm within 6-10?
Advertisement

sweetxdevil357

Rank 3
sweetxdevil357
PostedJan 21, 2013 11:31 am
To sum it up, people expect you to know what you're doing.

Some people want only people in the lvl range for the dungeon, but some don't mind. So it's up to the party members I guess.

Brynhildra

Rank 2
Brynhildra
PostedJan 21, 2013 11:57 am
Exp in a party is based on the highest lvl party member. If you are the highest lvl, and you gain no exp, neither does anyone else, and if you gain no class experience, neither does anyone else.
It's up to the specific party. Some parties want exp while running the dungeon, some only care about cp, and others are running for trophies/drops. Some may even be running only for a daily.

Best way to know what your party might want is to ask them yourself. Everyone wants something different.

Also: 5 player dungeons always give more experience than 3 player dungeons. Although, Malice (the next 5p after Vileshark), barely gives more exp than Branda, in lim at least, so Ulta is the next best dungeon for class lvling after VSHQ from my experience. Aside from Malice, all the other 5 players I've tried give close to 2x the exp as a 3player.

I'd recommend joining a guild. They're helpful in terms of teaching you about the game, and are generally more accepting if you don't know what you're doing as long as you're willing to learn.

~GF~ 78 Temp |Ponchee| -- ~AK~ 5x Duel & 4x Guard |Siren| [Aurora]

crimsonlily46

Rank 1
crimsonlily46
PostedJan 21, 2013 4:07 pm
Brynhildra wrote:
Exp in a party is based on the highest lvl party member. If you are the highest lvl, and you gain no exp, neither does anyone else, and if you gain no class experience, neither does anyone else.
It's up to the specific party. Some parties want exp while running the dungeon, some only care about cp, and others are running for trophies/drops. Some may even be running only for a daily.

Best way to know what your party might want is to ask them yourself. Everyone wants something different.

Also: 5 player dungeons always give more experience than 3 player dungeons. Although, Malice (the next 5p after Vileshark), barely gives more exp than Branda, in lim at least, so Ulta is the next best dungeon for class lvling after VSHQ from my experience. Aside from Malice, all the other 5 players I've tried give close to 2x the exp as a 3player.

I'd recommend joining a guild. They're helpful in terms of teaching you about the game, and are generally more accepting if you don't know what you're doing as long as you're willing to learn.

Thanks for the info.

As for a guild, I hate when someone invite you without talking with you, so I usually refuse. Do you have any suggestion for a guild that I could join? I'm on Diamond. If not, I will just check the guild section later.

Brynhildra

Rank 2
Brynhildra
PostedJan 21, 2013 4:22 pm
np. And I rejected random guild invites too xD
As I've just restarted playing EE, I don't know too much about the guilds yet. Talk to people, see what their guilds are like, what the purpose of the guild is, etc.

I'd recommend joining a guild that has at least some players around your lvl so you have some people to play with, so people you party with might be a good place to start looking for a guild.
I tend to prefer guilds with a decent lvl range so that I have people to play with, and there are some veteran players that can help if I have any questions.

I'd also recommend a guild that either already has a guild town or is close to getting one, because guild towns are really useful.
Pretty much all crafting 40+ is done through guild towns, and guild towns give guild members quests that give useful items, such as the lvl 20 quests that give repair hammers or gathering aids depending on which reward you choose, and give eternal coins that you can use to purchase things from the loyalty shop (To check out the loyalty shop, press 'I' and then click the Loyalty Shop tab).

~GF~ 78 Temp |Ponchee| -- ~AK~ 5x Duel & 4x Guard |Siren| [Aurora]

KyleBlade22

Rank 0
KyleBlade22
PostedJan 23, 2013 10:25 am
Up till the level 30+ dngs i could solo them with a hunter they are to easy for me especially shale are they suppose to be this way?

MapleCakes

Rank 0
MapleCakes
PostedJan 23, 2013 10:31 am
@Kyle: Yes, if you're doing limited. Limited dungeons are supposedly solo-able dungeons (1-Player) while Unlimited are more challenging and meant for parties.

KyleBlade22

Rank 0
KyleBlade22
PostedJan 23, 2013 10:33 am
Well up to shale i could do limited with my hunter as long as i sent my tiger to tank the monsters.

Brynhildra

Rank 2
Brynhildra
PostedJan 23, 2013 11:15 am   Last edited by Brynhildra on Jan 23, 2013 3:38 pm. Edited 1 time in total
Limiteds are soloable, as they used to be called "1-player" dungeons before (At the time they had no limits, but also gave no exp,money, or drops). The only reason people really have parties for limited would be if it's a 5 player because it takes less time with more people.

You can only do dungeon guild quests and dailies (both the ones you get from the soul guardian and the random daily events in your event list [Press 'P' to access your random dailies]) in the unlimited version of dungeons though.

sweetxdevil357

Rank 3
sweetxdevil357
PostedJan 23, 2013 12:45 pm
KyleBlade22 wrote:
Well up to shale i could do limited with my hunter as long as i sent my tiger to tank the monsters.  

That's a good advantage for hunters at low lvls, doesn't work at higher lvls though.