Emyst

Rank 1
Emyst
PostedJan 22, 2013 6:56 am
CookinDanger wrote:
The point of playing games online is PvP. Mostly.  

Yep, my goal is to get buffed up and get gear/cash/stuff you need. And then PVP with it. If there were to be no PVP, I don't know what my final goal would be.

Advertisement

MujikaReborn

Rank 0
PostedJan 22, 2013 7:15 am
CookinDanger wrote:
Not really but..it´s called MMO ,not MPVPO..

CookinDanger

Rank 4
CookinDanger
PostedJan 22, 2013 7:45 am
MujikaReborn wrote:
CookinDanger wrote:

First go find out what MMO means.

Emyst

Rank 1
Emyst
PostedJan 22, 2013 8:32 am
CookinDanger wrote:
MujikaReborn wrote:
CookinDanger wrote:

First go find out what MMO means.  

MPVPO = Massive Player Versus Player Online.
MMO = Massive Multiplayer Online
MMORPG = Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game
Just sayin'.

ColdD26

Rank 0
ColdD26
PostedJan 22, 2013 10:08 am
The more competitive the game or scenario, the higher the probability for bad behavior.

I don't think LO needs to take this path, sincerely.

azraccoon

Rank 1
azraccoon
PostedJan 22, 2013 3:19 pm
Not a big fan of top 100 sort of lists, for individual players anyway. Always seems to attract griefers and trolls, never pretty.

I am in favor of a realm v realm, or union v union type list though, something to show how all the players of a side are doing combined. Tends to promote more teamwork (trolls too, but usually less).

Guild v Guild leaderboards are sort of hit and miss, while it can certainly promote healthy competition and such, usually it just ends up with elitist jerks who act like penguins.

I believe humans get a lot done, not because we’re smart, but because we have thumbs so we can make coffee ~Flash Rosenberg

qawsar

Rank 5
qawsar
PostedJan 22, 2013 4:50 pm
azraccoon wrote:

Guild v Guild leaderboards are sort of hit and miss, while it can certainly promote healthy competition and such, usually it just ends up with elitist jerks who act like penguins.  

Sadly, even without a leader board, trolls and elitists appear everywhere, especially these days.
I think it gives a nice goal and some sort of ranking to things so its nice over all, especially if you get something more then just bragging rights.

Emyst

Rank 1
Emyst
PostedJan 22, 2013 5:03 pm
qawsar wrote:
azraccoon wrote:

Sadly, even without a leader board, trolls and elitists appear everywhere, especially these days.
I think it gives a nice goal and some sort of ranking to things so its nice over all, especially if you get something more then just bragging rights.  

^

ColdD26

Rank 0
ColdD26
PostedJan 22, 2013 5:23 pm
Nothing against something like the War of Emperium (War of Lime?). This is easy to be tweaked and monitored.

I just hope we don't have something like EE's Territory Wars. Cuz I've heard about a guild that was able to dominate everything they wanted "like tyrants" and even after a desperate attempt to unite all the best players from other guilds to defeat them... Well, they failed miserably.

qawsar

Rank 5
qawsar
PostedJan 22, 2013 5:44 pm
ColdD26 wrote:
Nothing against something like the War of Emperium (War of Lime?). This is easy to be tweaked and monitored.

I just hope we don't have something like EE's Territory Wars. Cuz I've heard about a guild that was able to dominate everything they wanted "like tyrants" and even after a desperate attempt to unite all the best players from other guilds to defeat them... Well, they failed miserably.  

Oh god.. Yeah, I don't think it'd be that bad, the Trial NPC's also contributed to that issue in EE, there's so many jerks and elitists in EE blegh.