HeirHeart

Rank 0
HeirHeart
PostedJan 21, 2013 5:49 pm

Managing A Guild!

I everyone! I was wondering is it hard to Manage a guild! Can anyone give me pros and cons! An what makes a good guild and guild leader! Ty in advance for the advice! Smile
Advertisement

ColdB26

Rank 2
ColdB26
PostedJan 21, 2013 9:23 pm
Some pros and cons...

= Pros

- You will almost always know when your mates are online, where they are and what they are doing.
- You will become a more active player.
- All quests and dungeons will be less difficult and more enjoyable, since you and your mates are strong.

= Cons

- Your mates will almost always know when you are online, where you are and what you're doing.
- You will have the duty to become a more active player.
- All quests and dungeons will be less difficult and more enjoyable IF you and your mates are strong. Otherwise every task can be a massive fail.

And my tips...

The first things you will need are: Goals, a theme, a name and of course... members!

Then comes the rules, website, forums, events... Yeah, can be a boring task...

I think the main tip is: You can't learn to be a leader. Some people born leaders, others not.
If you have a good track record managing projects or leading groups you will always know what to do at the right time (not exactly now). Otherwise you can still be part of a guild, but not as leader.

Flying pigs took my signature away~

qawsar

Rank 5
qawsar
PostedJan 21, 2013 10:29 pm
Well first off, it depends on what type of guild you want.

Being a guild leader can be simple, you can just have one for a group of friends. Do what you guys want to do and just have fun with the game.

You can also create a family guild, search out people in the game, make new friends, and play with each other.

Then there are also active guilds. I call them active, not because their online alot, but because they actively participate in inter guild activities, such as GvG and RvR. This type of guild requires a couple things:
~ Goals, not you're end game goals since there should never be such a thing, but you're general goal.
~ Time and dedication
~ Many great members that are helpful
~ A deep understanding of the game and guild system
~ A way to communicate outside of the game (optional)
~ Events, things to attract people and make it fun

And finally there are the hardcore guilds. I won't explain them, if you ever start a guild and end up hard core, you'll know it.

So it really depends on what type of guild you want to make. In any case, a good place to start is the sticky thread on this forum, here's a link:
http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1030753

HeirHeart

Rank 0
HeirHeart
PostedJan 22, 2013 1:13 am
I guess your right! Im not used to being a guild leader more like the guild leader assistant.. not where if guild leader not active i take over. more to the point where i help the guild leader with things that he needs help with lol
Guild Leader~ CEO
Guild Leader Assistant~ Office Assistant! <<<<--- Thats me! lol
Was like that everytime I join a guild!
Hope yall know what im talking about Lmfao!

adreal123

Rank 2
adreal123
PostedApr 08, 2013 12:53 am

Re: Managing A Guild!

HeirHeart wrote:
I everyone! I was wondering is it hard to Manage a guild! Can anyone give me pros and cons! An what makes a good guild and guild leader! Ty in advance for the advice! Smile  

Pros
1. Major creativity outlet (unless the guild system isn't versatile, which I'm starting to fear is the case for LO since very little has been released on it so far)
2. Respect
3. Power
4. Connections

Cons
1. More responsibility (e.g. hosting events, etc.).
2. Dealing with the turnover rate. The turnover rate in a guild is like a fastfood joint. Only a few members stay for a long time, but most come and go. And it can get discouraging.
3. Dealing with drama from other players, especially when it comes to deciding who to boot and who to demote for the good of the guild. Every player is linked, so whatever decision you make with one person might likely affect multiple people.
4. Having to keep up a guild town's fees. If you lose the guild town the guild may fall apart. Start from scratch. So this goes back to #1 - more responsibility.

Personally, the best guild system I've ever encountered was in Horizons. Really customizable system. I have big plans for starting my own guild in LO, too, but it all depends on the customizability/versatility.