iBambi

Rank 5
iBambi
PostedJan 20, 2013 2:31 am
minuzaki wrote:
Are you guys really so blind in your hubris that you can't see your customers are unhappy? Well, even MORE unhappy with the crap you put us through? You could AT LEAST make it to where we don't NEED Ignite to run the selected game we're playing. Ignite is a half downloaded version of the site with a crappy loot wheel that gives absolute ****. Nobody likes it. It's annoying and useless. Sorry, but I'm being blunt here, because apparently you guys don't listen unless SOMEBODY is.  

You can run most games without Ignite, just download from a mirror. If you really want to find a way to launch the games without it, then it's actually fairly easy, nothing to go all caps words about, lmao.
Advertisement

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedJan 20, 2013 7:10 am
iBambi wrote:
You can run most games without Ignite, just download from a mirror. If you really want to find a way to launch the games without it, then it's actually fairly easy, nothing to go all caps words about, lmao.  

you can even play a game without ignite, after you have downloaded it through ignite. Just change the URL path of the shortcut to the actual start up file. Ignite is just behaving as a bridge, if you click on the shortcut, it directs you to the file which requires ignite, and then when ignite is on, it launches the game startup file.

no rocket science here

signature of xybolt

minuzaki

Rank 4
minuzaki
PostedJan 20, 2013 8:44 am
iBambi wrote:
minuzaki wrote:
Are you guys really so blind in your hubris that you can't see your customers are unhappy? Well, even MORE unhappy with the crap you put us through? You could AT LEAST make it to where we don't NEED Ignite to run the selected game we're playing. Ignite is a half downloaded version of the site with a crappy loot wheel that gives absolute ****. Nobody likes it. It's annoying and useless. Sorry, but I'm being blunt here, because apparently you guys don't listen unless SOMEBODY is.  

Still a waste of space on my computer that does absolutely nothing. The rewards for having ignite are not very well...."rewarding" (Ha. I made a funny.) we've been through this on The Aeriapot thread. While I know they're trying to update ignite, they could at least give us a little insight as to what they're trying to do with it. Or is that too much to ask? *Cough*

iBambi

Rank 5
iBambi
PostedJan 20, 2013 9:56 am
minuzaki wrote:
iBambi wrote:
minuzaki wrote:

Still a waste of space on my computer that does absolutely nothing. The rewards for having ignite are not very well...."rewarding" (Ha. I made a funny.) we've been through this on The Aeriapot thread. While I know they're trying to update ignite, they could at least give us a little insight as to what they're trying to do with it. Or is that too much to ask? *Cough*  

If you choose to not install Ignite, it's not a waste of space on your computer, because you don't have it... o.o

Shalghar

Rank 1
Shalghar
PostedJan 21, 2013 1:13 am
iBambi wrote:

If you choose to not install Ignite, it's not a waste of space on your computer, because you don't have it... o.o  

Some Installers just do not give you that choice.
Also, Akamai and other things that mess up system settings as well as degrade performace are not a nice thing to have on the computer.
Instead of telling the player how to remove this unwanted stuff and how to deactivate unwanted options it would be a lot more polite to give the option of what i would accept on install.

It is unwanted, ignite TOS are creepy, it has no benefits at all for some games and at least akamai was doing quite a lot of bad things to my network performance.
Benefits of ignite ? Not many that actually work for Last Chaos.
So from a simple win/loss point of view ignite is not only not necessary but simply something like adware/malware.

spacefire11

Rank 5.1
spacefire11
PostedJan 21, 2013 1:45 am
You knoq that u can close ignite after u have started a game ..