doc09

Rank 4
doc09
PostedJan 19, 2013 7:26 pm   Last edited by doc09 on Oct 31, 2013 6:22 pm. Edited 10 times in total

The Pet System! *updated*

4 star pets skills added
During the maintenance of January 16th, 2013 we received the new Pet System! Some people are confused on some of the mechanics of the system and I'm here to help explain it some.

To begin to use your best friend and partner in crime, you must first complete the 'Lv25 Combat Skill' quest.

To start off, there are 3 grades of pet, White (common), Green (alpha), and Blue (Prime). White pets receive 1 battle ability, but no pray ability, they can help in battles as they go, or pick up that lovely little box on the ground. Green pets receive 1 battle ability and 1 pray ability, they can either be used as your partner in crime or the boost you need. Blue pets receive 1 battle ability and 2 pray abilities, both pray abilities will effect you at the same not, not you pick one!

• 1 - Pet list : This is the list of how many pets are in your pet UI, the most you can have is 10 pets!
  • 2 - Seal Locked : This allows you to extract your pet from the pet UI, it also keeps their progress so you can archive to change them to a different character! You have to pay 10 gold to Seal them and the pet must not have any pet equipment on!!
  • 3 - Pet Info : The pet info shows you what the pet looks like, battle and pray abilities, and what its stats are!
    -Pet stats; we have P-ATK/M-ATK, ACC, P-CRIT/M-CRIT, and ATK SPEED. P-ATK/M-ATK determines how much damage your pet does, just as the same for us. ACC effects how often they hit another person or mob. P-CRIT/M-CRIT effects how often they crit attack, the sad part is the CRIT DMG/ M-CRIT DMG is set at 1.50 and can't be effected. Finally ATK SPEED effects how fast your pet kills the other. The Pet System uses the same basis as our combat mechanics, but the sad part is that the Pet System does not show a percentage on how often they will hit or crit.
    -Pet Battle Abilities : When you call your partner to battle, you'll get your pet hot key bar back! When the hot key bar is up, you can select him to either battle with you, or loot your booty! If you choose to battle, click on the skill and your pet will use that skill while it fights. This is the only way your pets will lose Energy!
    -Pet Pray Abilities : You have the option of your pet to pray on you, which means they will bless you with their abilities! If you have a Clever Papillion, you will receive 5% cast speed (Empathy) if they pray you.
  • 4 - Pet Lunch Box : That's right! You can feed your pets again if you couldn't before you can now! Just click your pet food and place it in and click on feed!
  • 5 - Pet Command : This allows you to tell your pet what to do, or if what you want to do with it!
    - Rest : If your pet is in battle, or praying, you can use the Rest button to allow it to stop, and it will go back into its little fuzzy home hidden in the pet UI.
    - Battle : This allows you to bring your pet outside of its house and loot or battle.
    - Advance : this allows you to upgrade you pet to a 1 star or 2 star pet, it also increases their pet stat grade, and allows you to try to mix up abilities!
    - Pray : Allows your pet to set its effects on you.
    - Seal : Not available fully yet! This part allows you to remove your pet with your pet gear equiped.
    - Rename : This is just like before, you need a Pet Name Tag (ever think about trying Tactics as a name btw?), the only difference is you cannot use symbols anymore *Cries*.
  • 6 - Current Pet you're looking at and what level it is.
  • 7 - Pet EXP bar : tells you how much EXP its at and how much it needs

The Advancement UI!

• a1 - Primary Pet : shows you which pet that you're going to use, this will be your pet that's consuming the secondary.
  • a2 - Secondary pet : shows you which pet you are selecting to be consumed by the primary
  • a3 - Pet selection list : allows you to select which pet you want to merge with the primary
  • a4 - Bonus Item : not available yet!

Advancement rules:

To addition to the rules, Green grade pets will receive only 1 ability, Blue grade pets will receive 2 (If i am wrong please correct me) pray abilities. The abilities will be selected at random.

Pet stat grading!
There are 6 noticeable grades right now. D, D+, C, C+, B, and B+; B+ being the best, much like the grading scales in school. Each pet stat is graded based on what the pet is, and how many stars it has from Advancement.
Note: if anyone has a A or A+ Grade stat on pet please show me!

Pet Gear!
As some of us saw before the patch-in, we were receive pet toy boxes from Legion Elites in the maps Valley of Kings and lower. The Pet Toy Boxes will give you necklaces based off of the level of the zone you got the Pet Toy Box off of. The highest level pet equipment is level 70 as far as i'm aware!
Pet Weapons can be purchased from <Arena Merchant> Maru! These cost Honor stars so if you want more damage on your pet, you might wanna save! She also sells pets for Honor Stars too!

Pet Pray abilities:
These will be filled up over time, with the help of the Community!
  • Empathy : 5% cast speed
  • Crisis Eruption : 8% attack speed
  • Hyper Reflex : 5% M-CRIT Rate
  • Animal Instinct : 5% CRIT Rate
  • Speedstar : 5% movespeed
  • Spirituality : 5% max MP increase
  • Act Cute : Malice caused by attacks decreases -5%
  • Fearless Soul : Owner's received crit damage decreases by 10%
  • Lineage : increases owner's elemental resist by +3%
  • Lucky Duck : increases owner's luck by +10%
  • Petite : increases owner's agi by +10%
  • Plucky Move : Owner's Phy. DMG taken decreases -3%
  • Sharp Intuition : Owner's CRIT ATK increases +10%
  • Vigor : increases owner's max hp by +5%
  • Wilderness Survival : increases owner's physical resistances +3%
  • Will of Heat : increases owner's attack by +7%
  • Will of Ice : increases owner's max HP/MP +7%
  • Will of Sunshine : increases owner's base stats +5%
  • Will of Thunder : increases owner's magic attack by +7%

Now that pets can be upgraded to 4 star pets, i think i'll add a list of the new skills and effects!

How to get a 4 star pet:
      In order for you to obtain and get a 3rd skill, you must upgrade a pet to 4 stars. You can only get a pet to 4 stars by using 16 pets total and fusing them together as pets go up.
    • No star pets can only be fused with a no star pet
    • 1 star pets can only be fused with a 1 star pet
    • 2 Star pets can only be fused with 2 star pets
    • 3 star pets can only be fused with 3 star pets

Please note:
      You can get a S-Rank stat + 3rd skill. I don't know why some players aren't getting a 3rd skill, it may be part of the mechanics, i would have to ask a GM (or another would) if it's a glitch or if it's not working properly.

It's also been confirmed for a "S+" Stat rank as well.

• Kamikaze Strike: Deals Nature Damage to all targets within 15 feet.

• Fighting Spirit Wave: Deals Physical Damage to all targets within a 40 foot straight line. Also has a 5% chance of making the target fall down. Lasts 2 seconds.

• Shattershot Assault: Swiftly deals Physical Damage to selected target. Also has a 5% chance of rendering target unable to perform any actions for 2 seconds.

• Thousand Arrows Rain: Deals Physical Damage to all targets within 20 feet.

• Flame Combust Deals Fire Damage to all targets within a 20 foot radius. Also has a 5% chance of knocking back target.

• Holy Light Beam: Deals Holy Damage to all targets within a 40 foot straight line. Also has a 5% chance of decreasing the target's P-Healing -5%. Lasts 5 seconds.

• Rapid Frost: Deals Ice Damage to all targets within a 25 foot fan-shaped area. Also has a 5% chance of decreasing the target's P-Healing -5%. Lasts 5 seconds. Effect is canceled once character is attacked.

• Chaotic Lightning: Deals Dark Damage to all targets within a 20 foot radius. Also has a 5% chance of decreasing the target's DEF -5%. Lasts 5 seconds.

[b]Extra Information!

• The Wonder Pocket!
    The new item that has been coming up, the Wonder Packet has a chance to give you Pet Equipment and Weapons along with a wonder of other items! Level of the equipment for pet gear is random.

• Pet Food!
    Pet food can either be purchased from the In-Game Item Mall, or as a reward from the Alpaca Token Event. You can receive Copper, Silver, or Gold Alpaca tokens from doing repeats in various maps.
    This item restores your pets Energy back to full!

• Pet Upgrade Food!
    This item was first acquired during the 2012 Eden Eternal Christmas Event via the Present that you received from helping kill Nasty Clause, or turning in Appreciative Gifts into the Event NPC to get a Present.
    This item instant increases your pet to your current level, I.E if you are level 75, and your pet is lv23, your pet will instantly go to level 75.
    Note: There is no possible way to receive this item right now!!

• Pet Name Tags!
    This item allows you to change the Name of your Pets! The only change is now you cannot use symbols (< > / \ ] [ etc) in your pets names Sad Ironically, pets that already have symbol characters in their names, and that were not equipped when the system was updated in (such as your pet was already in your inventory, or archive), its name was not affected and keeps its symbol characters.

Credits:
To MarlinAngel for her pray list, and everyone who posted in it
To Koager and rinsha for showing me the links.
Advertisement

rinsha

Rank 4
rinsha
PostedJan 19, 2013 7:40 pm
there is B and B+ as proof:

other than that this looks really helpful

EDIT: i found this thread useful as reference for pray skills http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1867565

doc09

Rank 4
doc09
PostedJan 19, 2013 7:42 pm
rinsha wrote:

Thanks! i'll edit it in now, if you can, tell me what the prays are please?

koager

Rank 3
koager
PostedJan 19, 2013 7:47 pm
a list of prayer skills have been started here

rinsha

Rank 4
rinsha
PostedJan 19, 2013 7:47 pm
doc09 wrote:
rinsha wrote:

Thanks! i'll edit it in now, if you can, tell me what the prays are please?  

that particular pets pray effects: green - lucky duck(+10% luck) and purple - act cute(malice -5%)

koager wrote:

thought id already linked that *rolls*

doc09

Rank 4
doc09
PostedJan 19, 2013 7:50 pm
koager wrote:

Thanks, all of it is helpful, we should probably do battle abilities too?

rinsha

Rank 4
rinsha
PostedJan 19, 2013 7:52 pm
doc09 wrote:
koager wrote:

that may be helpful in future

shame pet DoTs dont lvl T_T

doc09

Rank 4
doc09
PostedJan 19, 2013 8:05 pm
rinsha wrote:
doc09 wrote:
koager wrote:

that may be helpful in future

shame pet DoTs dont lvl T_T  

It would be helpful for people who are looking for pets to help break bosses in trials or dungeons, in my opinion at least.

And in general, this post is to help explain the system to people who are confused on how it works, or to new players who don't fully understand.

rinsha

Rank 4
rinsha
PostedJan 19, 2013 8:19 pm
also that maru NPC in aven also sells beagles tho they may not be worth it

doc09

Rank 4
doc09
PostedJan 19, 2013 8:20 pm
rinsha wrote:
also that maru NPC in aven also sells beagles tho they may not be worth it  

I'm not sure if that's worth mentioning lol, i suppose i should update it in just in case.